5 replies to this topic

#1 Wundwolf

Rookie

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 07:26 AM

Hello fellow Mechwarriors,

I'm suffering from very horrible fps with that wreck of a graphics card. Is anyone else using this card and if yes, how is your performance?

My config is a core I5-2450m with 8 gigs DDR3 ram and of course the Geforce 630m. The average fps are between 20-28.

Greetings

Wundwolf

#2 Aym

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,041 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 12 July 2013 - 07:33 AM

Well, have you set your card to prefer max performance? Have you done the same with your laptop's power settings? Have you checked out throttlestop because decent odds it's your CPU causing as much of a problem as it heats up.
For the record I'm in a 560m in an asus g74sx

#3 Wundwolf

Rookie

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 07:39 AM

Thank you for the throttlestop advice. I'll try it out immediatly.
Btw how's your performance and which settings do you use?

#4 Grimmnyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 08:07 AM

View PostWundwolf, on 12 July 2013 - 07:26 AM, said:

Hello fellow Mechwarriors,

I'm suffering from very horrible fps with that wreck of a graphics card. Is anyone else using this card and if yes, how is your performance?

My config is a core I5-2450m with 8 gigs DDR3 ram and of course the Geforce 630m. The average fps are between 20-28.

Greetings

Wundwolf

The 630M is a low-end mobile chip, 20 fps is pretty good for the 630M. The only way you will get better FPS, other than disabling the power saving mode on your computer, is to run the game at a lower resolution with lower settings.

#5 Narcissistic Martyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 4,242 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 12 July 2013 - 08:35 AM

You have a dual core CPU with a relatively weak GPU. MWO doesn't like dual core chips at all and isn't fond of weak GPUs as well. It is likely that your system is limited by both components depending on what's happening on screen but if you're GPU limited it may be possible to overclock your GPU with some extra cooling and eke out a bit higher minimum frame rate.

#6 Epic Fail

• PipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 82 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 12 July 2013 - 08:53 AM

I run Dual 580m's on ultra at about 45-50 until I hit a certain window and get about 4 fps for about a minute or so. Still trying to find that one out.

Otherwise I run pretty well. i7extreme with 32 gig ddr3 ram and the duals

(yes... I know SLI isnt supported... -.- )

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users