Answered

1 reply to this topic

#1 Soldryn

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 48 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 07:14 PM

I just can't NOT make fun of this, it's too tempting....

2 things to clarify first though:

1.) I really like the new ATD format. Much better to see what issues the community really wants non-answers to, rather than just letting Bryan choose "safe" things to non-answer.
2.) PGI really shot themselves in the foot this time! Now they have no choice but to provide non-answers to the things the community has been raging about for MONTHS!

and now......TIME FOR FUN!!!!

1: feature status - "What you see now is pretty much what you're going to get at launch. We're making a profit here, and have no real reason to expand beyond 6 maps, and 2 game modes."
"-P.S. we MIGHT have 12v12 stable enough to be used before the end of the year."

2: model size - "They just pay me to draw this stuff, No-one really cares what size it comes out."

3: lobby system - "Why would we want people communicating with each other? this isn't about social interaction, it's about shooting giant robots! Besides, we're trying to attract the CoD crowd, and none of them know how to communicate with each other anyway."

4: model scaling - "What did I just tell you? I just draw this stuff! Even if I WANTED to go back over things already live on the server, I'm under too much pressure to get the next MC only cash grab rolled out on time. I don't have time to waste on things that are purchasable with C-bills."

4: CW info - "Shhh don't tell anyone, but CW is just a design document that Bryan folded up and used to prop up Russ's wobbly desk."

5: terrain fixes - "we put the unpaid intern on it, and as you well know, you get what you pay for."

6: terrain issues in general - "OK OK, you got me. I didn't do any thinking on this at all before it was implemented. It was just some code I slapped together late one Monday night."

7: hard point limitations - " All right, who leaked this to the community? Do you people have ANY idea how hard we're going to have to deny this to keep people from leaving the game before we implement it?"

8: more map controls - "What? Really? No-one uses the ones we slapped together as it is, and of the few people that do use it, no-one pay attention to them. Why waste time making more?"

9: convergence issues - "We won't fix it, because we can't fix it, because we don't know HOW to fix it."

AND there ya go. Save ya some time reading through all the double talk and nonsense.

The usual disclaimer: Enjoy responding/flaming/trolling/agreeing with/laughing at this thread. I won't be following it, responding to it, or even reading anything anyone posts on it. I simply wanted to share my mirth at reading another batch of garbage from PGI.

#2 Stimbles

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 165 posts
  • LocationEquestria

Posted 12 July 2013 - 07:24 PM

#9 sounds about right.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users