ISN News Flash

16 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,778 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 03:00 PM

Wed. Nov 9, 3048: Rumors swirl in ComStar circles that Precentor XIII Styven Kimmelry will soon be named commander of 103rd Division.

#2 Ghost

Com Guard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 03:12 PM

Styven Kimmelry was a relative unknown before his posting with the 103rd. His unit would eventually be stationed on Dieron in the Draconis Combine, where everything was relatively quiet until the Clan Invasion. Three years later, in May 3052, he would serve with distinction during the decisive Battle of Tukayyid, the turning point in that war. After scoring an impressive victory against Clan Ghost Bear's Alpha Galaxy, Kimmelry would be reassigned to fight against the forces of Clan Jade Falcon, which the 103rd, now known as "Kimmelry's Raiders," was instrumental in forcing to withdraw from a key city on that planet.

Kimmelry held the honor of being one of the ComGuard's oldest-serving commanders until his death in 3075.

#3 EGL

• PipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 50 posts
  • LocationGRF-3M Cockpit

Posted 09 November 2011 - 03:38 PM

Awesome info Ghost!!

#4 Threat Doc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 09 November 2011 - 03:44 PM

A relative of who? Myndo Waterly?

#5 HanaYuriko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 588 posts
  • LocationPNW

Posted 09 November 2011 - 04:47 PM

Some of you might find this interesting. While today's ISN Newsflash is listed as Wed. November 9, the actual date for 3048 is just one day off.

http://www.timeandda...=3048&country=1

#6 IntruderAlert

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 09 November 2011 - 05:53 PM

All those silly leap seconds...

#7 Pr0j3k7 X

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 08:53 PM

Trust in ComStar? No, I think not.

#8 Archer

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 10:29 PM

"The Word of Blake is bound with steel..."

Name that quote BT fans.

Edited by Archer, 09 November 2011 - 10:30 PM.

#9 Spice

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationVGL Labs

Posted 10 November 2011 - 08:31 AM

View PostArcher, on 09 November 2011 - 10:29 PM, said:

"The Word of Blake is bound with steel..."

Name that quote BT fans.

Sam Lewis. Was even there the day he went 'need to write that down' :)

Edited by Spice, 10 November 2011 - 08:31 AM.

#10 RLithgow

Rookie

• 5 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, Illinois

Posted 10 November 2011 - 05:41 PM

I have been a battletech fan since 1991... you would be hard pressed to find someone who is more enthiusiastic about the entire universe and the games based upon it. This summer, I dove back into the novels, and that quote sounded VERY familiar. My first guess was the correct one, although it took me a bit to find the right page.

The words were spoken on the 18th of August, 3028, on Terra by Akira, the son of Yorinaga-sama, who began suspecting (with some encouragement from the daughter of the Minister of Davion intelligence) that some of the Comstar adepts that he observed were mechwarriors in training because of the way they spoke and smelled. Akira had snuck off only to find the most shocking of discoveries... a fully operative battlemech facility on Terra and run by Comstar. Akira was caught by some periphery thugs who were recruited by Comstar for its growing army. The "thugs" tried to kill Akira, but out of nowhere came Colonel Jamie Wolf, Col. Morgan Kell, and Yorinaga- a very unexpected trio. While Cols. Wolf and Morgan disposed of the thugs and their corpses, Akira was carried off to safety by his father. Akira was the only one who made it close enough to the facility (although he could not get inside of it) to realize that Comstar was harboring mint-condition mechs of star league era design. The four of them agreed to keep quiet about Akira's shocking discovery: none of the house lords, gathered on Terra to witness the marriage between Hanse Davion andMelissa Steiner, would learn of their peril, as the inner sphere was on the eve of itsplunge into the fourth succession war.

I have re-typed the sentences just below.

<<<Yorinaga caught his son before he could hit the ground. "Akira," he whispered hoarsely. "What is it?"

"Down there, I got a look beneath ComStar's facade." He shook his head slowly, remembering what he

had seen and for the first time realizing how much it had struck fear in him. "The Word of Blake is bound

with steel . . .">>>

Good enough? Do I win a prize? :)

If I only had the time, not to mentionaccess to many of the books that have long been out of print, I would read enough to know everything there is to know about the battletech universe, as it has always been my favorite hobby. I just wish it had a wider fan-base -perhaps this new online interpretation will accomplish that. I have fond memories of VGA Multi-Player Battletech.

Robert Lithgow

#11 RLithgow

Rookie

• 5 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, Illinois

Posted 10 November 2011 - 05:47 PM

Who is Sam Lewis?

#12 GargoyleKDR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 404 posts
  • LocationBlaine, WA

Posted 11 November 2011 - 07:53 AM

Sam Lewis is a game designer that worked at FASA and later for Kesmai's GameStorm online service. He created Battletroops in the BattleTech game universe, and was involved in the development of a large amount of BattleTech game material under FASA.

#13 havok

Rookie

• 4 posts
  • LocationBentonville

Posted 11 November 2011 - 09:33 PM

I would not think the 103 division would be on the INN radar in 3048. At this point I thought most of the Com Guards were hidden.

#14 Spice

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationVGL Labs

Posted 12 November 2011 - 02:38 PM

View PostGargoyleKDR, on 11 November 2011 - 07:53 AM, said:

Sam Lewis is a game designer that worked at FASA and later for Kesmai's GameStorm online service. He created Battletroops in the BattleTech game universe, and was involved in the development of a large amount of BattleTech game material under FASA.

...and a hell of a nice guy to work with, even with that lip caterpillar of his shedding all over the place :)
He also was the main mind behind the Renegade Legion line and mechanics.

#15 Threat Doc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 12 November 2011 - 03:03 PM

Holy ****! How could I forget Renegade Legion!? I love the universe, the idea behind it, but Legionnaire was my favorite aspect of the universe. I still have Legionnaire, but my ex stole everything else I had, and I've no means of getting it back, now.

#16 Solomon K Chapman

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 04:48 PM

The agreement between precentor myndo waterly and theodore kurita was for com star to be able man their facilities with troops and mechs in exchange for mechs to help in the 3039 war with davion.

#17 Harrow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 01:19 PM

View PostPr0j3k7_X, on 09 November 2011 - 08:53 PM, said:

Trust in ComStar? No, I think not.

^ agree

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users