3 replies to this topic

#1 WarGruf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 301 posts
  • LocationNorth Wales (DropShip)

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:18 PM

Ever think its a bit too hard to play the game using just the Joystick!? Well so did I!

After looking through the Forums and gaining a bit of extra info I've found a way to get my Joystick to work decently in game... Now I still use the Key board for acceleration and controlling the legs, JJ's, locking, and Map (all the easy to reach ones etc...). But now I've managed to get the sensitivity up and deadzones sorted I can finaly Twist the Torso and Pitch correctly whilst bashing all my shoot buttons!

Not to be under-rated... This Feels EPIC!

Anyhow if you've re-installed you'll see the user.cfg is gone. But never fear when reading the system.cfg file it says :
--Your personal settings can be stored in 'systemcfgoverride.cfg' so that they don't create
-- any conflicts for version control

Now thats a typo I think. The file to store in is: systemoverride.cfg
Dont be scared of it saying ; DO NOT MODIFY THIS FILE!
I believe thats for the first few lines that are already in there (Dont touch!) but when you add you usual user.cfg files to the file they work! Just renember to save it before use.

(i would add the file needs to be edited in notepad run as administrator.)(Thanks EyeDie I, I did know that...)

Here is what I'm using...

i_joystick_buffered = 0 <-- Increases sensitivity so it said....)
cl_joystick_gain = 7 <--- This made it much better)
cl_joystick_sensitivity = 1.3 <-- Lower the number the more sensitive it gets but 1.2 was real Twitchy)

i_joystick_deadzone = 0.0005 <--- Sets deadzone for Logitech extreme 3d pro or older so it said)
cl_joystick_deadzone = 0.0005 <--- Same as above I think)

I did get these from searching "Joystick Sensitivity" on the Forums so thank the guys who found them originally... I found the systemoverride.cfg fix all by myself :( dont know if its been mentioned...

Have fun!

Edited by WarGruf, 29 July 2013 - 08:32 AM.

#2 Gremlich Johns

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:38 PM

Just switch to a nostromo and use that with your JS

#3 evilC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:31 AM

Joystick aiming in relative mode is the biggest pile of fail ever - you will never be able to compete against mouse aimers.
Unless you can take some leaves out of Loc Nar's book and cook up absolute mode control with stick, then forget it until PGI make it work properly.

#4 EyeDie I

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 08:20 AM

i been playing with the user.cfg and going crazy.this seems to help.thanks alot.
i would add the file needs to be edited in notepad run as administrator.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users