740 replies to this topic

#721 Protection

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,754 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 13 August 2013 - 04:49 PM

http://www.twitch.tv/wales_grey

Stream is there.

Starting in 5 minutes by the looks of it.

#722 Chronojam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,185 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 05:10 PM

#saveMWO townhall number two is currently live at www.twitch.tv/wales_grey if you want to listen in

#723 Infernus1986

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 249 posts
  • LocationRuss's Island

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:28 PM

Is it Ktown time yet ?

6 months ago you could have supported legitimate suggestions, instead you the goons trolled up the threads with #*@# posting so they would get buried.

Then you burned your bridges with PGI who you defended for so long, Now your being ignored by PGI and want the community that you "the goons" crapped all over for months to help you get your way.
Keep pushing for your community reps, it wont happen PGI has realized their mistake of letting goons have any sway whatsoever.

One person from kong saying something is that person alone, there is no hivemind, no secret plot but by all means keep scapegoating all your problems on KONG.
Posted Image

#724 Malkiv Mayhem

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 42 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCanada, Eh

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:32 PM

View PostGaussDragon, on 12 August 2013 - 08:55 PM, said:

Who in this thread is saying that lore and IP is more important than weapon balance? In fact, we're saying the exact opposite. You have us mistaken with those other guys.

View PostChronojam, on 12 August 2013 - 07:49 PM, said:

So you support #saveMWO, then? It is tragic that you see the same handful of people defending tabletop values to the death -- if an LB-10X didn't do exactly ten damage, they'd freak out. And don't think about touching heat capacity! The game can't succeed if it's bound to flawed tabletop rules from decades past. They clearly need to toss that aside if they hope to de-throne the current prevailing metagame.

I never called out any names. The people that are swinging the lore bat around these threads know who they are. The people that can't seem to understand that balancing a competitive game is much more complex than "nerf/buff damage of weapon x to make loadout y more/less viable, like my favorite storybook mech." The people that can't understand that the reason MG's are so potent is because they are needed for certain ballistic loadouts, where anything else would be too heavy, making a particular mech non-viable for competitive play. The people that whine about using "sniping" loadouts for close-range, because not once in the history of any multiplayer fps ever did someone dominate pugs with quickscope kills using their sniper rifle. It must be so hard for these people, because I know that Battletech is the only franchise to ever have had the lore and/or IP slightly modified to bring balance to a multiplayer, competitive environment. I mean, no Star Wars game has ever had the lore slightly altered so that light sabers do not automatically cut an organic in two with one single swing...Right? RIGHT?

#725 GaussDragon

• 2,183 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:01 PM

View PostMalkiv Mayhem, on 13 August 2013 - 07:32 PM, said:

The people that are swinging the lore bat around these threads know who they are. The people that can't seem to understand that balancing a competitive game is much more complex than "nerf/buff damage of weapon x to make loadout y more/less viable, like my favorite storybook mech."

You're preaching to the choir here. Trying to balance around the stock (storybook) mechs isn't going to work because that assumes they're balanced with each other... they're not.

The people that can't understand that the reason MG's are so potent is because they are needed for certain ballistic loadouts, where anything else would be too heavy, making a particular mech non-viable for competitive play. The people that whine about using "sniping" loadouts for close-range, because not once in the history of any multiplayer fps ever did someone dominate pugs with quickscope kills using their sniper rifle.

It's not that long range weapons can't function at all in close combat, they're still effective in the hands of a good player, however, player skill being equal, brawling weapons should be able to fare better in brawl than sniping weapons. That wasn't the case for a several months.

It must be so hard for these people, because I know that Battletech is the only franchise to ever have had the lore and/or IP slightly modified to bring balance to a multiplayer, competitive environment. I mean, no Star Wars game has ever had the lore slightly altered so that light sabers do not automatically cut an organic in two with one single swing...Right? RIGHT?

Again, preaching to the choir.

#726 N0MAD

• 1,757 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:28 PM

While i listened to todays Townhall, overwhelmingly i listend to people talking about game balance and while i think that it has its merits, its something i believe is a work in progress and nothing that can be fixed outright quickly. While some will say that this tweek or that change will fix things that will always be debatable.Obviously some small things will help the balance but a developing game will NEED to be tweeked on an ongoing basis. No amount of pressure will hasten the progress in any real or longlasting effect as the process needs to be ongoing. As others have mentioned even established games with a lot of years behind them still have calls for  balancing.
The point of trying to open a communication line to PGI has merit, good luck with it.
One comment i think worth mentioning, from Stalker made me think. He stated the game had lost alot of its fun. Here i need to ask, if the game was balanced to a point most would say "ok this is playable" would it really be fun again and if so for how long?
How long before playing random drops without any real end game result would it still stay fun?
OK so some will say and of course PGI will say we have CW coming, your point is mute. But i think alot of us will say that from the litle communication we have had about it, its not what alot of us want/need.
This leads me to ask, what kept the MW2-3-4 community alive and active for a decade?  GAME LOBY.
Until MWO has one it  will never be fun to a whole generation of MW fans. It will never be truly competitive, think about that.
As  a Smoke Jaguar i want to drop vs a Team of IS scum say in a 200 mech vs 200 battle, weight limited, spanning  multiple drops and players and beat the crap out of them. I want to go up against Goons, Kaos, SJR in controlled organised battles.
Until  i have this, balanced or not the game will just be drop after drop, same old, boring.
Seems im in a small group of people thou as the main focus seems to be in whether 2xppc 1xgaus, or ghost something is killing the game ( balance) rather than Features.
Just my opinion thou.
GL

Edited by N0MAD, 14 August 2013 - 04:43 AM.

#727 Malkiv Mayhem

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 42 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCanada, Eh

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:28 PM

View PostGaussDragon, on 13 August 2013 - 08:01 PM, said:

It's not that long range weapons can't function at all in close combat, they're still effective in the hands of a good player, however, player skill being equal, brawling weapons should be able to fare better in brawl than sniping weapons. That wasn't the case for a several months.

I use long range ballistic and energy loadouts exclusively. I don't run a light mech, so I don't have to stick to stacking efficient loadouts for sustained dps. I go for the burst loadouts that allow me to hide my GIGANTIC ct (running a dragon) behind either a friendly player, or circle a map obstruction while my loadouts are on cooldown. I picked a bad mech for the current meta, but I'm not complaining - I have fun coring assaults while pillar humping, and also being able to keep pressure on lights. Take away my ability to burst effectively, and I'll be legit mad. I can't park my Dragon against someone like a Jager can, and just lolcannon for 10 seconds to a core. I'm not a boat that can sit out 900m and lrm spam. I don't want the Dragon from the Battletech lore, because in this type of game, I'd be a free kill every...single...match.

#728 Anders

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 612 posts
  • LocationKaetetôã

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:41 PM

View PostInfernus1986, on 13 August 2013 - 07:28 PM, said:

Is it Ktown time yet ?

6 months ago you could have supported legitimate suggestions, instead you the goons trolled up the threads with #*@# posting so they would get buried.

Then you burned your bridges with PGI who you defended for so long, Now your being ignored by PGI and want the community that you "the goons" crapped all over for months to help you get your way.
Keep pushing for your community reps, it wont happen PGI has realized their mistake of letting goons have any sway whatsoever.

One person from kong saying something is that person alone, there is no hivemind, no secret plot but by all means keep scapegoating all your problems on KONG.

Infernus-Nineteen-eighty-six:

There's no scapegoating of Kong here, and we're not persecuting you guys either. We all know that you've had similar positions, opinions, and ideas to what we're doing right now. You just failed to mobilize any sort of popular opinion. Why is that? Lord knows that Goons don't have the best reputation around here, yet we managed to get something off the ground. Are you jealous? Shouldn't you be proud that everyone is finally getting "it"?

Why is everything about Kong have to be about being persecuted or marginalized? We're not here to do that. We gave you time to speak at town hall #1, and the door was open to town hall #2. It would seem that you guys have, at every step of the way, gone out of your way to present your opinion in the most harsh, non-constructive, condescending tone possible. Did it not occur to you that, while your heart(s) were in the right place, your tone was not? We want you guys to help, if you can contribute in a positive manner. It would appear that you are unable or unwilling to do so.

Don't blame us for your lack of traction with your ideas.

#729 Infernus1986

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 249 posts
  • LocationRuss's Island

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:13 PM

Oh I don't place all the blame on you just most of it and I'm certainly not jealous,
MWO ship has sailed a long time ago for me and most of kong now its just filler.
I'm just sick of all the kong vs goon drama as of late.
Someone has been stirring up a lot of #$@% about Kong lately for no good reason and given past history its not hard to figure out where its coming from.
If you notice I only bother to post in your "goon" threads, that is because I don't like you "goons" because you use underhand tactics to try and get your way and now your trying to manipulate the community as a tool for your cause whatever it may be.

#730 N0MAD

• 1,757 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:18 PM

This is not the place for a clan feud.
TY

#731 Anders

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 612 posts
  • LocationKaetetôã

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:33 PM

View PostThunderklaws, on 13 August 2013 - 09:18 PM, said:

whoa whoa whoa... ANDERS
You forgot the robot font and everything man...

Anyone have an ETA on the sound file for the town hall? I was at work an had to miss it :)

Mr. Thunderklaws:

The new thread is located here, and more specifically the audio you seek is located here.

As for formatting glitches, they are just that. I hope to correct them in future posts. :P

We here at The Word of Lowtax thank you for your post. We here at the Word of Lowtax realize that you have limited entertainment destinations and appreciate that you're spending your entertainment electrons on us. Please continue to choose the Word of Lowtax in your future holiday destination spending! We are grateful for your out of the box, blue-sky thinking, and appreciate you touching base with us here at the Word of Lowtax. We hope to synergize our efforts to achieve quantifiable paradigm redefinitions in a future collaboration soon.

Robotically Yours,
Anders

#732 Nekki Basara

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • LocationDublin

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:19 PM

View PostInfernus1986, on 13 August 2013 - 09:13 PM, said:

Someone has been stirring up a lot of #$@% about Kong lately for no good reason and given past history its not hard to figure out where its coming from.
TBH dude, that direction has to be from Kong. Most of us don't know who the hell Kong are beyond "not us", some of us know there's some 4chan connection. For me your posts here were the first I've heard of this, but sure, keep on feelin' persecuted. It'll prepare you for next month I guess?

#733 Nekki Basara

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • LocationDublin

Posted 14 August 2013 - 08:28 AM

View PostThunderklaws, on 13 August 2013 - 10:51 PM, said:

K-towned
It's good to be home, even under these circumstances Posted Image

#734 Erata

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • LocationGoro Company Dropship MK1, Long live Lord Shang Tsung.

Posted 14 August 2013 - 09:23 AM

Hey hey hey, Robot Warriors and Mecha Jocks!

http://mwomercs.com/...l-2-discussion/

New thread is up and ready for your consumption and words of wisdom!
Go get educated and lay down science on everyone else!
Wow!

Don't take the K-Towning personally, it was timed with the release of the new thread wasn't it?
I can't prove that, but if you think about it conspiratorially... it makes sense.......

ps
new thread

#saveMWO Community Town Hall #2
The discussioning thread

#735 Nekki Basara

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • LocationDublin

Posted 14 August 2013 - 10:22 AM

Fair point. Internal goonunication has been poor of late, what with most of us having given up.

#736 Belorion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 15 August 2013 - 05:06 AM

Additional information about stuff...

http://www.nogutsnog...php?topic=749.0

#737 Nekki Basara

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • LocationDublin

Posted 15 August 2013 - 10:06 AM

No Guts No Galaxy are currently a highly suspect source, what with recent revelations of ties to IGP.

#738 Chronojam

• 2,185 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 10:52 AM

View PostNekki Basara, on 15 August 2013 - 10:06 AM, said:

No Guts No Galaxy are currently a highly suspect source, what with recent revelations of ties to IGP.

They wouldn't want to risk their privileged status of course.

#739 Kageru Ikazuchi

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 03:57 PM

Edit: Moved to Town Hall #2 discussion ... it fits better there,and this one just needs to die.

Edited by Kageru Ikazuchi, 15 August 2013 - 04:07 PM.

#740 KhanHeir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 02:19 AM

View PostAnders, on 13 August 2013 - 08:41 PM, said:

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users