Only 50Xp For Capturing Nodes?

7 replies to this topic

#1 Chaon

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 38 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Australia

Posted 02 August 2013 - 03:39 AM

Just had a conquest map and I was able to capture 4 resource nodes by myself and 2 with another team mate yet at the end of the battle I got a total of 50xp for doing so.

#2 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 02 August 2013 - 03:43 AM

The most recent Creative Director Update specifically says they will be increasing the rewards for lights & mediums performing their roles

A tertiary sub-objective for us, is to increase the kinds of rewards that are given for various types of gameplay, meaning, pilots will get more CB/XP for performing specific tasks that are ideal for the Medium and Light Mechs. Capturing a base can earn players more rewards the more frequently they do it in a given match.

#3 mailin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 02 August 2013 - 09:13 PM

You also get a bonus for resources gathered. (Granted, it's not much, but every little bit helps.)

#4 Rascula

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Talon
  • Talon
  • 387 posts
  • LocationWord of Blake Protectorate, Epsilon Eridani.

Posted 04 August 2013 - 03:05 AM

It is low I agree, but as redshift and Mailin stated its changing soon and there's ways of making a bit more xp!

#5 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 05 August 2013 - 04:16 PM

View PostRascula, on 04 August 2013 - 03:05 AM, said:

It is low I agree, but as redshift and Mailin stated its changing soon and there's ways of making a bit more xp!

Here is hoping it is well done :D

So many times Fri/Sat I saved my team by capping stuff (and almost as often failed - spiders are scary, and not because of hit-detection... they're so SKINNY! :D) and get less than anyone else on the team for it... :)

#6 Bront

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 06 August 2013 - 05:04 AM

Sadly, you also only get it if you win. It is good to hear they're tweaking it soon (today?)

#7 Mizore

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 427 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 August 2013 - 05:13 AM

View PostChaon, on 02 August 2013 - 03:39 AM, said:

Just had a conquest map and I was able to capture 4 resource nodes by myself and 2 with another team mate yet at the end of the battle I got a total of 50xp for doing so.

Well... I don't wanna say this, but... all your teammates also got 50 xp, because of your capping efforts.
And that's not all, they additionally got all the big bonuses for damaging and killing the enemies.
At least on very big maps like Alpine, this problem is really getting worse.
(But that's not the map's problem.)

So, capping bases in Conquest is the least profitable and most unfair (unfair for you, because you'll get nothing as reward) thing that you can do, although it's the primary goal of this game mode.
Funny, hmm?

Welcome to PGI's wonderful world of absurd balancing!!! :)

Edited by Mizore, 06 August 2013 - 05:29 AM.

#8 Blalok

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 177 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, Wisconsin

Posted 06 August 2013 - 05:22 AM

Well, they only get that 50xp if they at least pass through a cap point under enemy control. But yes, in order to maximize your earning potential, it's best to at least tap as many of the enemy units as you can in between caps to at least get assists (and the occasional lucky kill). Played this way, Conquest has yielded about the same xp per match for me as Assault, but 10% more CB... call it the poor man's champion mech?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users