7 replies to this topic

#1 nemesis271989

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 239 posts
  • LocationDunno

Posted 04 August 2013 - 11:14 PM

So often happens.

All weapons do not deal damage to an enemy mech, doesn't matter if it is an atlas or jenner.

To Produce an Effect.

1. Load your mech with weapons
2. Aim at enemy
3. Fire any group of your weapons and observe no damage dealt.

_____

I've been annihilated many times because for some reason my ac-20 and srms didn't damage enemy mech...

#2 DLFReporter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,193 posts
  • LocationAlpenfestung

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:40 AM

That's the elite founders special ability. Dodge incoming fire and kill Liaos with impunity. :P

#3 Mad Strike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLima , Peru

Posted 07 August 2013 - 01:50 PM

Today i fired my AC/20 4 times at a Golden Boy Hero mech on Terra Therma......his armor was red on arms and torsos but none was opened ; only my mediums and SRM6 opened them after that. Before This patch i fired like 5 times to a Trebuchet on River City....same thing happended and finally with my Hunchback 4sp: 5 medium lasers , 2xSRM6 ....fired Alpha Strike in Spiders front side in diferent matches......Don't know what happene after previous patch but......it's starting to get unconfortable.

Edited by strikebrch, 07 August 2013 - 01:52 PM.

#4 xCico

• WC 2018 Gold Champ
  • 1,335 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 02:36 PM

Welcome to mechwarrior online, the game who is half broken, half, well 1/4 working and other is under review.
We highly recommend you to have strong nerves because our game is currently **** and we working as intended. Thank you and buy some MC.

#5 Suzano

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 12:09 PM

View Postnemesis271989, on 04 August 2013 - 11:14 PM, said:

So often happens.

All weapons do not deal damage to an enemy mech, doesn't matter if it is an atlas or jenner.

I've been annihilated many times because for some reason my ac-20 and srms didn't damage enemy mech...

Yep, had the same issue today. Jenner in front of me, app 10m, in shut down modus. He gets an full alpha strike ( 2x srm6, 2x ER-Laser, Gauss). The Jenner lost his cockpit armor. no other damage was shown on display.

Yesterday i had lost instantly the complete left side during an 1on1 battle. There was no other attacker on the map, armor status was yellow with 100% structure) and the opponent has`nt fired at this moment.

It seems for me that MWO is so buggy at the moment that it is not playable.

#6 Mark of Caine

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 496 posts
  • LocationWazan War Veteran

Posted 09 August 2013 - 03:09 PM

The massive issue folks is the rewind BS thats happening for players with high pings. Those of us with a very good ping under 50 are penalized while those with pings of 150 - 400 have a distinct lagshield advantage. I once went one on one witha jenner while piloting a jenner of my own. My ping was stable at 45 while his was at 375. I could and did hit him very often but never onc e dealt any damage with my 4 med lasers while he had no issues taking me down. I could tell I was the better pilot cuz he ran in walls or just went straight and let me hit him, but none of my shots ever registered on his client.

PGI needs to remove this rewind crap because penalizing people with a great connection is just plain wrong. And the issue still persistseven to this day, even against players with 150 pings. I can even shoot a laggy atlas and nothing will happen.

Very infuriating.

#7 Illuzian Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 213 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationWestern Australia

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:48 PM

I have been experiencing hit detection issues, I've seen it numerous times where my projectile or laser hits the target, sometimes even causing sparks but I don't register a target, I usually have between 300-400 ping from Western Australia. When HSR first came out all my hits registered. I honestly think there isn't a plain hit detection issues but that it's related to HSR being broken somehow.

View PostCaine2112, on 09 August 2013 - 03:09 PM, said:

The massive issue folks is the rewind BS thats happening for players with high pings. Those of us with a very good ping under 50 are penalized while those with pings of 150 - 400 have a distinct lagshield advantage. I once went one on one witha jenner while piloting a jenner of my own. My ping was stable at 45 while his was at 375. I could and did hit him very often but never onc e dealt any damage with my 4 med lasers while he had no issues taking me down. I could tell I was the better pilot cuz he ran in walls or just went straight and let me hit him, but none of my shots ever registered on his client.

PGI needs to remove this rewind crap because penalizing people with a great connection is just plain wrong. And the issue still persistseven to this day, even against players with 150 pings. I can even shoot a laggy atlas and nothing will happen.

Very infuriating.

This is absolutely not how HSR works. Nobody is penalized. It gives the players with high pings a change to hit those with low pings and it gives those with low pings a change to hit those with high pings. Once the client carries out an action it is replayed on the server and if the correct conditions are met factoring in latency and the client hitting the target, it then registers a hit. Without HSR those with high pings would have a lag shield but would not be able to hit those with low pings.

#8 Paladinred

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 07:28 AM

View Postilluzian, on 09 August 2013 - 09:48 PM, said:

I have been experiencing hit detection issues, I've seen it numerous times where my projectile or laser hits the target, sometimes even causing sparks but I don't register a target, I usually have between 300-400 ping from Western Australia.

How can you even begin to play with a ping of 300 - 400. When mine is over 100 I just log off. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users