- - - - -

New Players In Cw, If No One Appears In The Que On Cw...

31 replies to this topic

#1 BrandonKF

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 33 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 12 December 2014 - 03:16 PM

Do not leave.

From one of the other veterans concerning this issue (kudos to Viktor Drake for spelling it out)

"I will say this again. People need to read the forums.

There is a display bug where it DOES NOT SHOW people who have qued up for the Planet so even though the lobby looks empty, there are actually people in it and the match is building up to start. This is or at least was sticky in the "Know issues" thread in the CW section of the forums. By dropping out of the que and hopping around you are just increasing the wait times and make the problem worse.

I waited 10 mins. 20 mins or more might not be uncommon with people giving up and cancelling all the time."

So, if you are a new player and you find yourself waiting longer than a couple minutes, just keep waiting. People jumping out of the lobbies because they see no one else in the que are probably helping to cause all the disturbance and long wait times.

This is not to blame everything on anyone in particular, it is meant purely to help you casual and new players understand what is going on.

God bless.

#2 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 03:21 PM

13 minutes has been the worst wait so far.

#3 Sky Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationDeep Periphery, aka Hungary

Posted 12 December 2014 - 03:27 PM

Sorry Kon, but 5 min is my limit... (18 is my best, I could wait.. for nothing.. I do never again)..

Beside... Work the Chat during the waiting?

NO!
PS.. Hmm.. Perhaps because this bug is no one play CW?

Edited by Sky Hawk, 12 December 2014 - 03:31 PM.

#4 BrandonKF

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 33 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 12 December 2014 - 03:44 PM

From what I'm reading in the CW forums, EVERYONE is trying to get in on CW.

1. When you choose a faction, understand you will be STUCK with EITHER Inner Sphere Mechs, or Clan Mechs. That means you need to choose from the jump which faction you want to be in. I'm declaring IS, and I won't play Clan when I get my computer and Internet connection. Period. You may decide based on whatever you like to play by:

Clans are cool.
IS are cool.

2. I don't care much for lore. I make my own lore. I will play with my friends because that is fun.

3. Folks getting impatient and leaving prematurely are the cause primarily it seems, due to them seeing no one else in the queue and thinking they are all alone, then leaving (again) to another planet that might have a queue nearly full, but in reality all it would take is 1 or 2 more PUGs to help make the drop happen.

4. Get ready for beatdowns. Clearly, teams and PUGs will randomly drop without much coordination unless you are already part of a hardcore group. If you are just a regular casual gamer, stick close to the veterans, or stick close to the base, and hold it.

If you are on the attack, find the ones who are looking to open the gates, wait until the gates are open, and don't go off half-cocked into that melee until you know what you're up against.

5. Improve your aim. Focus fire on enemies' legs if you must, but if you know your aim isn't that good, make sure you call shots with your buddies on specific enemies (not necessarily assaults, sometimes its that really annoying medium zooming around that is the real player in the group).

#5 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 03:51 PM

A quick start guide to getting into CW.
Spoiler

#6 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 12 December 2014 - 03:56 PM

One thought though - I keep seeing Turtle Bay (Kurita - Draconis Combine) pop up as a defensive option

I am signed on with House Davion

What happens if I try to defend that? :ph34r:

#7 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 03:59 PM

View PostShar Wolf, on 12 December 2014 - 03:56 PM, said:

One thought though - I keep seeing Turtle Bay (Kurita - Draconis Combine) pop up as a defensive option

You are getting calls to defend that planet due to Clan Invasion.

#8 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 12 December 2014 - 03:59 PM

View PostShar Wolf, on 12 December 2014 - 03:56 PM, said:

You will still gain Davion Faction points. You are protecting an IS world from the Clans. That is a Clan vs IS warzone, so anyone can defend.

#9 BrandonKF

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 33 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:01 PM

Well, there you have it. Inner Sphere versus Clan is Inner Sphere versus Clan.

Just don't shoot your Kuritan 'allies' in the back while you're in the drop.

That... that would be very bad..... very bad..........

#10 ExoForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 775 posts
  • LocationFields of the Nephilim

Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:01 PM

from another topic: Russ recommended that you wait 5 mins max. If not connected, retry..

#11 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:04 PM

View PostExoForce, on 12 December 2014 - 04:01 PM, said:

from another topic: Russ recommended that you wait 5 mins max. If not connected, retry..

Seen that a few areas around the forum - linking to the quote would help

View PostTesunie, on 12 December 2014 - 03:59 PM, said:

View PostKoniving, on 12 December 2014 - 03:59 PM, said:

That is what I thought (was a Davion call to defend it)

Just wanted to make sure. :)

#12 BrandonKF

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 33 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:21 PM

From what I saw in that game, Koniving, I would say, "Kill those turrets." is a big priority too.

Although "I'm going to break the line" in a Spider... that was ROFLawesome. For all of the five seconds you were alive.

:D

Edited by BrandonKF, 12 December 2014 - 04:32 PM.

#13 Frozen Spirit Jac

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Talon
  • Talon
  • 171 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:20 PM

Due to people hoping in and out of queues - I waited in 1 queue for over 32mins and another 27mins before getting annoyed myself. There should be a time limit on the queues still.

It should either lock players (or their mechs) into a queue once they agree. Or give an instant win to those who wait beyond 20mins.

#14 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:49 PM

I'm sorry, but this is completely unacceptable.

Posted Image

That was a solo drop. I've experienced similar issues while playing as a 12-man group - we'd sit in lobby for 8 minutes "searching for team members"... what are you looking for? We're all here! Are you looking for opponents? Then maybe it should say "searching for opponents" instead.

Once we see a fix for the empty lobby bug and also get a feature that lets us browse all the lobbies available on a planet and choose one ourselves, the experience will improve.

But right now if I have to wait four minutes, I'm cancelling. Most of my successful matches are made in three minutes or less.

And please, for the love of god, allow members of a faction to form a private lobby together. This no-mixed units bs has got to end. If we have 11 Isengrim online and 1 Hussar... we can't group up to fight for the FRR and we're doomed to a 30-minute matchmaker instead of the usually instant match that 12-mans get. That's just asinine.

Edited by Tarogato, 12 December 2014 - 10:53 PM.

#15 Hamish McPiton

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 81 posts
  • LocationFishing out of my cockpit hatch.

Posted 13 December 2014 - 06:28 AM

View PostTesunie, on 12 December 2014 - 03:59 PM, said:

You will still gain Davion Faction points. You are protecting an IS world from the Clans. That is a Clan vs IS warzone, so anyone can defend.

That's another cool IS thing - sure, you don't get to use the test-tube babies uber-tech mechs in CW, but you can fight them wherever they are invading, and fight other house, too. More fighting=more fun.

#16 Darth Futuza

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 08:18 AM

View PostTarogato, on 12 December 2014 - 10:49 PM, said:

Posted Image

That was a solo drop. I've experienced similar issues while playing as a 12-man group - we'd sit in lobby for 8 minutes "searching for team members"... what are you looking for? We're all here! Are you looking for opponents? Then maybe it should say "searching for opponents" instead.

Once we see a fix for the empty lobby bug and also get a feature that lets us browse all the lobbies available on a planet and choose one ourselves, the experience will improve.

But right now if I have to wait four minutes, I'm cancelling. Most of my successful matches are made in three minutes or less.

And please, for the love of god, allow members of a faction to form a private lobby together. This no-mixed units bs has got to end. If we have 11 Isengrim online and 1 Hussar... we can't group up to fight for the FRR and we're doomed to a 30-minute matchmaker instead of the usually instant match that 12-mans get. That's just asinine.

I wouldn't wait longer then 10 minutes for a match, try again if you don't get in within that time frame. Additionally having a 12 man really really helps out with the wait times.

#17 Darrious Quinn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 244 posts
  • LocationUS East Coast

Posted 13 December 2014 - 08:32 AM

This is a great heads up, but I can't help but stare dumbfounded at the situation when you look at this weekend challenge vs the bug that apparently affects just about everyone. Consider that most players do not or rarely visit the forums, the combination of bug, poor official communication, and lack of player research makes the challenge completely useless from a solo drop point of view.

Personally I have limited play time per day, so sitting for 10-20 minutes for a match start up because of a "display bug" that no one seems to know about (player base I mean) is absurd. I understand that pushing CW early means its going to have its bumps along the way... but don't go sending out mass invites to a party without sending directions.

Still, good info OP. Thanks for heads up.

#18 BrandonKF

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 33 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 13 December 2014 - 09:57 AM

View PostDarrious Quinn, on 13 December 2014 - 08:32 AM, said:

This is a great heads up, but I can't help but stare dumbfounded at the situation when you look at this weekend challenge vs the bug that apparently affects just about everyone. Consider that most players do not or rarely visit the forums, the combination of bug, poor official communication, and lack of player research makes the challenge completely useless from a solo drop point of view.

Personally I have limited play time per day, so sitting for 10-20 minutes for a match start up because of a "display bug" that no one seems to know about (player base I mean) is absurd. I understand that pushing CW early means its going to have its bumps along the way... but don't go sending out mass invites to a party without sending directions.

Still, good info OP. Thanks for heads up.

You're welcome Mr. Quinn.

I pretty much have spammed the link to this on the Facebook Groups, asking folks to pass it along. Hopefully, the more folks know about it, I will see less and less of folks having these horrible queue times for their drops. Watched a buddy last night wait over 13 minutes at two different planets before I advised he move to the front and drop on Turtle Bay.

I didn't get to see how that fared for him.

Still, the more you know. So I will keep adding it to everyone's feeds so that more of the new players and returning players can get their fight on.

God bless, and Merry Christmas. :)

Edited by BrandonKF, 13 December 2014 - 09:58 AM.

#19 Virgil Greyson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 277 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 10:32 AM

I'd imagine the que is dominated by premade groups, and there isn't much room for the matcher to slot in solo players. Hence the long wait.

I am not surprised, this mode seems to be targeted at groups.

#20 LauLiao

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 December 2014 - 11:02 AM

View PostTarogato, on 12 December 2014 - 10:49 PM, said:

Posted Image

Considering that there were ZERO wins on that planet, and it's FRR aligned and you're FRR as well, I'm guessing that you were trying to defend a planet no one was attacking? It's kind of a big deal in CW to actually figure out WHERE the action is happening and go there.

View PostVirgil Greyson, on 13 December 2014 - 10:32 AM, said:

I'd imagine the que is dominated by premade groups, and there isn't much room for the matcher to slot in solo players. Hence the long wait.

I am not surprised, this mode seems to be targeted at groups.

I've experienced short queues and long queues both solo and group dropping, so not sure how true this is.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users