#1 Lord Ikka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:20 PM

Dear Mods,

Please return the Faction regiment recruitment threads you have moved to the Outreach forum back to their House forums. I understand you not wanting duplicate threads, but by removing some of us from our House forum you are doing three things:

1) Implying that we are a Merc corp rather than a Faction regiment, which degrades those of us that RP

2) Hurting recruitment (both of us and the actual Mercs) by making those that want to join a Faction-based unit have to use the non-logical step of going to an already over-crowded Merc Outreach forum rather than stay in their Faction forum.

3) Not implementing it equally across the Houses and regiments- several Houses have not had any recruitment threads moved and only about half of the recruitment threads are moved in those forums that have been hit.

Please re-think this decision to selectively move recruitment threads; it does nothing but divide the playerbase again and destroy any goodwill we have towards you.

#2 Stealth Raptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 466 posts
  • LocationLenexa, Kansas

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:21 PM

i agree completely, or at least make a sub forum of the house sub forums for recruting in said house

#3 Baddicus Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 188 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:04 AM

I can also understand not wanting duplicate threads, but moving specific faction recruitment into the merc recruitment area is not the way to handle it.

#4 Sealawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationBuckminster City, Buckminster Prefecture

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:14 AM

Why were some recruitment threads for what we consider house units moved to Outreach while others were left in place? Why are the threads being moved at all? What were they hurting by being in the house threads?

Some of us like to RP. With so little info coming out of you guys about CW it is up to us to form our own units. Now you have moved our threads to Outreach for unknown reasons. You mods post in our forum, and I say our as I view myself HK all the way, was light on info. This is a quick way to start alienating the community again. The worst part about this is it seems you have targeted specific units and left others in place. Curious to me is why they mods targeted specific units. As far as I know my unit has never trolled the forums or anyone. If specific units were targeted at least give a reason. I believe it is probably due to them missing threads, but since I still see recruitment threads in our forums I will assume otherwise.

Not sure what you guys are hoping to do here, and this is a slap in the face to a lot of your fan base doing such things without giving us a reason.

http://mwomercs.com/...ps-recruitment/ We don't consider ourselves Merc units. Until CW tells us otherwise and even after CW, we will consider ourselves a house unit.

Edited by Sealawyer, 20 August 2013 - 02:15 AM.

#5 Sealawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationBuckminster City, Buckminster Prefecture

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:28 AM

I will even give a viable alternative so it doesn't seem like I am just complaining.

Create a Recruitment folder on the forums with sub folders for Outreach and a different sub folder for every house. This way you can still have house specific recruitment threads separate from the Merc Units. And it will free up the House threads for whatever purpose it is you envision them for.

Edited by Sealawyer, 20 August 2013 - 02:29 AM.

#6 Lord Ikka

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:12 AM

Return us to our House forums or make a subforum, we are not Mercs. Those are reasonable requests from units that have not violated any rules, including the multiple thread argument you stickied.

#7 Lord Ikka

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:16 AM

I normally am very tolerant and forgiving of the mods, but this has really pissed me off. Its blatantly biased towards certain units/factions and is punishing many units that have not violated rules.

#8 Kdogg788

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:56 AM

This makes no sense whatsoever. The point of posting unit information within the Kurita forum is to benefit House Kurita players who are looking to join up with a Kurita affiliated group. If they have to weed through the dozens of topics on the Merc Corp page not knowing what faction each unit represents, if any, the game and unit recruiting will suffer. There are literally thousands of players attached to faction based units. This affects more players than PGI thinks.

-k

#9 Kdogg788

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:57 AM

This makes no sense whatsoever. The point of posting unit information within the Kurita forum is to benefit House Kurita players who are looking to join up with a Kurita affiliated group. If they have to weed through the dozens of topics on the Merc Corp page not knowing what faction each unit represents, if any, the game and unit recruiting will suffer. There are literally thousands of players attached to faction based units. This affects more players than PGI thinks.

-k

#10 MightyMeatShield

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 166 posts
  • LocationWest Coast!

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:33 AM

I agree wholeheartedly with the points raised in this thread. I also see that some house's units have been affected while other house's units have not, which is unfair.

#11 Prophetic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 750 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:38 AM

I would rather be in the House forums also. It would have been nice to inform the OPs of each thread about this change before hand. Instead of moving house recruitment threads that are as old as the game without feedback.

We are only left at guessing the reasoning, which is an awful feeling. I have two ideas on this.

They may also want more activity in the merc forum because it gets more hits for people looking for a unit. This makes sense since so many mostly merc groups are leaving while house units still seem pretty active.

We may even think positive and this change is actually in anticipation to a huge implementation of CW.

#12 Prophetic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 750 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:45 AM

You will now have several different house units aggressively bumping their unit threads in merc outreach.
Is that the goal? If it is then this is going to get real messy.

We have had our recruitment thread in the house forums for as long as I can remember. Why now?

Stop alienating large groups which still play this game together.

#13 Kdogg788

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:26 AM

Yeah I'm going to bump whenever I can as well to keep us at least on the first page if that's how they want to do things.

-k

#14 paxmortis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,548 posts
  • LocationDortmund, Germany

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:15 AM

My unit are mercs now, no not really. Please bring back the thread to the house forum.

#15 Draconis Nagasawa

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 147 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:53 AM

I approve this message!

#16 Lord Ikka

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:53 PM

Davion, Steiner, and Marik have yet to have a recruitment thread of theirs removed. What do you mods have against Kurita, Liao, and Rasalhague? If you are going to move stuff, at least go all the way and not just pick on traditionally "evil" or militaristic Factions...

#17 Buso Senshi Zelazny

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 179 posts
  • LocationUpstate New York, USA

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:53 PM

I approve this message. We are not mercs. We are not random PUGs who decided to accumulate Loyalty Points for "house of the month". We are self organizing players that wish to fight for our house of choice. If by organizing, we become mercs in the eyes of PGI, that is most unfortunate. If they want to put all recruiting threads in one place, then they should add subforums to the recruitment section to differentiate between merc corps and house units.

#18 3ffigy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 150 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:53 PM

The thing that bothers me with this change is that it is being seemingly randomly enforced. Some units seem to be allowed to cross post in merc corp outreach and their house forum while others are being moved with no moderation comment or anything. This means that some units are allowed more exposure than others. The Outreach forum is already fairly crowded, so being able to differentiate yourself whether it be as a casual unit, tournament focused unit, or based on House/Clan affiliation ends up being fairly important. As such a faction aligned unit/merc is also likely to get more exposure in it's faction forum than in Outreach. This change also results in many units having multiple threads in the same forum, whereas before they probably only posted to two areas (Faction & Outreach). I don't see this very limited cross posting to be an issue personally.

#19 Lord Ikka

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:56 PM

It is random. I count 4 Kuritan units moved (9th Sword, Night's Scorn, 36th Dieron, and Ronin Legion), 1 FRR (Shieldwall of Rasalhague), 1 Liao (St.Ives/GDVC), and maybe 1 Davion (Cored I think was moved). No other units were targeted, and I know that the 9th Sword, 36th Dieron, and Night's Scorn didn't have Merc Corp Outreach threads before this- thus they weren't coming up against the multiple thread rules.

We're going to be running into too many threads by units in the Merc Outreach if Faction units are forced there as well. There are already lots of Merc corps posting, so now they have to compete with RP Faction units for both pilots and visibility. That is why having our recruitment threads in our various House forums was so nice- the players interesting in RPing/specific Faction were able to find like-minded units/players and didn't have to go to a forum that has nothing to do with their Faction.

#20 Rowin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 107 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:08 PM

I agree with above, If you want to change the policy with recruitment on House threads then tell us first. Using the Mercorp forum is a waste due to the fallout of players and everyone scrambling for more pilots, their is little to no organization to allow new players to find house units. It also bothers me that some units were moved while others were left alone.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users