Answered

53 replies to this topic

#21 Rowin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 107 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:14 PM

I would assume that CW would want more faction players then merc units.

#22 Draconis Nagasawa

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 147 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:22 PM

All houses dislike Mercs anyway, especially after the Ronin Wars.

#23 Lord Ikka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:15 PM

I love how the mods moved this thread from Merc Outreach to Website/Forums so they obviously looked at it, yet did not respect us players enough to post a response.

Mods, House Kurita is getting pretty annoyed with this lack of communication and our apparent "singling-out" for multiple unit recruitment thread moves.

#24 3ffigy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 150 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:35 PM

Let's also keep in mind that many merc units are that by default since we were told we can't run house units, or use cannon names and can only be house aligned merc units.

#25 Wales Grey

Dark Clown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 861 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Frigid North

Posted 21 August 2013 - 12:42 AM

View PostLord Ikka, on 20 August 2013 - 05:12 AM, said:

Return us to our House forums or make a subforum, we are not Mercs. Those are reasonable requests from units that have not violated any rules, including the multiple thread argument you stickied.

Actually, yes, you are merc. groups. You are not sponsored by PGI or the rights holders. You are, at best, playing pretend as "house troops".

View Post3ffigy, on 20 August 2013 - 07:35 PM, said:

Let's also keep in mind that many merc units are that by default since we were told we can't run house units, or use cannon names and can only be house aligned merc units.

Basically for this reason.

#26 Victor Morson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:02 AM

I was going to say, this is likely clearing those forums for people actually playing houses in the community warfare, where as you guys will likely be Mercenary units within the MW:O system, flying alternate names.

#27 Rowin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 107 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:27 AM

View PostVictor Morson, on 21 August 2013 - 02:02 AM, said:

I was going to say, this is likely clearing those forums for people actually playing houses in the community warfare, where as you guys will likely be Mercenary units within the MW:O system, flying alternate names.

An assumption based off unknown CW.... But that is off topic.

Simple steps could be used to make it easier for new players to find house units, Mech Units and Clans.

#28 Buso Senshi Zelazny

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 179 posts
  • LocationUpstate New York, USA

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:02 AM

From some quick digging, I have found the following units that as far as I can tell, self-identify as units serving their respective houses, and have determined the status of their recruitment threads.

Davion Units:
  • 1st Robinson Rangers, have threads in house section and Outreach, house thread not moved
  • 1st HHoD, house thread not moved
  • Fed Suns, threads in both, although they appear to be new

Kurita Units:
  • 2nd Legion of Vega, relatively new, house thread not moved
  • 1st Ghost, house thread not moved
  • Ronin Legion, threads in both, house thread moved, 2nd house thread made, and moved again
  • 9th Sword, house thread moved
  • 36th Dieron, house thread moved
  • Night's Scorn, house thread moved

Liao Units:
  • Recruitment seems to be run offsite

Marik Units:
  • 25th Marik Militia, house thread not moved
  • Desert Rats, house thread not moved

Steiner Units:
  • Skye Rangers, house thread moved, 2nd house thread created, not moved
  • 10th Solaris Rangers, threads in both, house thread not moved

FRR Units:
  • The Skaldborg, Shieldwall of Rasalhague, house thread moved
  • Black Crusaders, self described mercs with threads in both

The lack of consistency is blatantly obvious once you look around. I believe all we are asking for is some feedback on this issue, and why only certain units had their threads moved. Perhaps some of the other units are dead? Or maybe they have stopped recruitment and simply do not care that their thread was moved.

The threads that were moved were not in violation of the Code of Conduct, and the OPs deserved to be notified beforehand about having their thread moved. If you want all of the unit recruitment to be done in one section, then please reorganize Outreach to include different sub forums for house units and independent mercenaries. If this does not make sense given how you plan to implement merc corps and house units in community warfare, then an official statement regarding community warfare would be most helpful :D

#29 Draconis Nagasawa

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 147 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:35 AM

View PostBuso Senshi Zelazny, on 21 August 2013 - 07:02 AM, said:

From some quick digging, I have found the following units that as far as I can tell, self-identify as units serving their respective houses, and have determined the status of their recruitment threads.

Davion Units:
  • 1st Robinson Rangers, have threads in house section and Outreach, house thread not moved
  • 1st HHoD, house thread not moved
  • Fed Suns, threads in both, although they appear to be new
Kurita Units:
  • 2nd Legion of Vega, relatively new, house thread not moved
  • 1st Ghost, house thread not moved
  • Ronin Legion, threads in both, house thread moved, 2nd house thread made, and moved again
  • 9th Sword, house thread moved
  • 36th Dieron, house thread moved
  • Night's Scorn, house thread moved
Liao Units:
  • Recruitment seems to be run offsite
Marik Units:
  • 25th Marik Militia, house thread not moved
  • Desert Rats, house thread not moved
Steiner Units:
  • Skye Rangers, house thread moved, 2nd house thread created, not moved
  • 10th Solaris Rangers, threads in both, house thread not moved
FRR Units:
  • The Skaldborg, Shieldwall of Rasalhague, house thread moved
  • Black Crusaders, self described mercs with threads in both
The lack of consistency is blatantly obvious once you look around. I believe all we are asking for is some feedback on this issue, and why only certain units had their threads moved. Perhaps some of the other units are dead? Or maybe they have stopped recruitment and simply do not care that their thread was moved.

The threads that were moved were not in violation of the Code of Conduct, and the OPs deserved to be notified beforehand about having their thread moved. If you want all of the unit recruitment to be done in one section, then please reorganize Outreach to include different sub forums for house units and independent mercenaries. If this does not make sense given how you plan to implement merc corps and house units in community warfare, then an official statement regarding community warfare would be most helpful :)

Clearly devs do not favor House Kurita.

#30 theCheek

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 26 posts
  • LocationCyprus

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:41 AM

I'm amazed with the complete lack of response from the mods. Please do not alienate the players who actually care about the end game and don't rage quit when a weapons decimal damage is raised/lowered.

Come on guys please do something. Put a birds eye view into the game for all I care, but please just respect the loyalty this game attracts.

#31 Draconis Nagasawa

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 147 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:53 AM

View PostWales Grey, on 21 August 2013 - 12:42 AM, said:

Actually, yes, you are merc. groups. You are not sponsored by PGI or the rights holders. You are, at best, playing pretend as "house troops".

Basically for this reason.

Dont have to be sponsored by PGI to have a regiment/galaxy/cluster within a unit. Units cannot claim the entire unit like alot of Clanners do.

#32 Moku

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,257 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:10 AM

The original Skye Rangers and 10th Solaris Rangers threads were definitely moved before most of you guys, but they didn't take down the others and doing random job on it so ........ just do what you gotta do. And then Niko posted that thing on every faction forum. :-(

#33 Kyle Polulak

<member/>

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 584 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:40 AM

View PostSealawyer, on 20 August 2013 - 02:28 AM, said:

Create a Recruitment folder on the forums with sub folders for Outreach and a different sub folder for every house. This way you can still have house specific recruitment threads separate from the Merc Units. And it will free up the House threads for whatever purpose it is you envision them for.

I'm going to put my 2¢ on this and say that's a brilliant idea.

#34 Draconis Nagasawa

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 147 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:46 AM

View PostKyle Polulak, on 21 August 2013 - 10:40 AM, said:

I'm going to put my 2¢ on this and say that's a brilliant idea.

Rejoice!

#35 Lord Ikka

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:56 AM

Now it just needs to be implemented.

#36 3ffigy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 150 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:31 PM

I'd be fine with that idea. I tailored each post a little different based on the intended audience. We do self-identify as having a Davion background, but really it all comes down to what the eventual CW looks like. There was a mention at one time possible player run non-cannon house units as well as mercs after much demand, but I've been running with the concept that player run units have to be mercs and then contract to the house of choice if/when we get to CW. My main issue was that some units were being allowed the extra exposure via house and outreach, while others seemed to get moved seemingly at random.

Edited by 3ffigy, 21 August 2013 - 07:32 PM.

#37 Malleus011

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 04:30 AM

Just as an update, the (rebuilt) Steiner Skye Rangers recruitment thread has apparently been deleted. A number of other units recruiting in the Steiner forums still have their posts up.

As somebody who puts a lot of time and effort recruiting for our House unit in the house forums, I am deeply offended.

#38 Lord Ikka

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 22 August 2013 - 04:58 AM

Understand your pain Malleus011. As the recruitment/personnel NCO for my unit, it is extremely disturbing/offending to have our thread moved without warning.

For those that stated we are Mercs- until CW is implemented the only recourse for those that wish to RP as a Faction warrior are player-run units. And most of the current regiments will not make a decision on Merc/Faction until we get more info on CW.

Edited by Lord Ikka, 22 August 2013 - 04:59 AM.

#39 Lord Ikka

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:30 PM

Thanks for the info Niko.

#40 Sealawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationBuckminster City, Buckminster Prefecture

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:50 PM

Usually, I just kill threads with a post, for some reason unknown to me. Having a successful idea is going to swell my head to dangerous proportions.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users