2021 replies to this topic

#1 Kyle Polulak

<member/>

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 584 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:05 AM

Tell us what you think of the Third Person View gameplay feature!

Spoiler

#2 Tabrias07

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 482 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:15 AM

Where's the 1PV only queue?

Posted Image

#3 TostitoBandito

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • LocationWashington, USA

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:17 AM

A change the vast majority of your paying playerbase did not want. Furthermore, it is apparent from the patch notes that not only are there not the separate queues for 1PV and 3PV players as had been promised, but you can toggle view modes within a game with a keypress. This essentially forces EVERYONE to use 3PV whether they want to or not, since it provides a competitive advantage in its ability to provide line of sight where none should exist.

Edited by TostitoBandito, 20 August 2013 - 10:17 AM.

#4 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:19 AM

Why did you change your position on something you knew would make everybody mad, including the people you wanted to gift an easy mode to? All the scrub greens will be griefed and farmed by actual MW4 veterans now.

This pleases no one, and you're inviting disaster on both companies involvedä

#5 Shae Starfyre

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,429 posts
  • LocationThe Fringe

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:19 AM

Not that I would play 3rd Person if I had the choice, but I can understand the need to test it thoroughly. By having on one queue, FOR NOW, this facilitates better testing as more and more people are using it to address issues.

I would assume and trust that once things are worked out, that separate queues will be enabled.

#6 TostitoBandito

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • LocationWashington, USA

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:20 AM

View PostAphoticus, on 20 August 2013 - 10:19 AM, said:

Not that I would play 3rd Person if I had the choice, but I can understand the need to test it thoroughly. By having on one queue, FOR NOW, this facilitates better testing as more and more people are using it to address issues.

I would assume and trust that once things are worked out, that separate queues will be enabled.

Then they should say so in the patch notes. Release vaguely documented new features that are contrary to past statements and promises is not the way to go.

#7 Savar Lanister

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:27 AM

I have no interest in playing in 3rd person view. Mechwarrior is about immersion (speaking for myself, obviously), not looking around corners by tilting a camera angle just right.

I understand that PGI is in it to make a buck and draw as large a player base as possible (ie. the seven year old kids who can't figure out how to drive a mech in 1st person), but was this "improvement" really worthy of working on before fixing serious issues with hit registry, etc?

So, glad I spent another $80 bucks on the overlord package so that I can have my *** handed to me by people playing in 3rd person just because I refuse to do so.

Call me a purist, stupid, or old school.... just my two cents.

Edited by Savar Lanister, 20 August 2013 - 10:29 AM.

#8 BLUPRNT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 616 posts
  • LocationLake Something or Other, WA

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:30 AM

I understand the argument of 3rd person view from both sides.

But I got to side on the idea that for MW to be appreciated for what it is, it should be played as a simulator.

To accomodate those that need to learn piloting a walking tank through 3rd person, make it a consummable external UAV and allow that UAV to be destroyed. This will give the new comers a chance to learn as well as encourage them to learn to adapt to a simulator.

In order for one to become stronger and wiser one must learn to overcome and adapt.

Do people ever really get better at things if its always easy.

Edited by BLUPRNT, 20 August 2013 - 10:33 AM.

#9 Butane9000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,788 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:38 AM

There's only one comment I have:

Why have you not created separate ques and why are you ignoring the fact that you so obviously lied to us for months?

#10 Exoth3rmic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 434 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:39 AM

If there's no 1pv hardcore que when I log in, I will be off for an extended break.

EDIT: http://mwomercs.com/...e-those-queues/

This being the case then I am off. The way you went about this is reprehensible.

Edited by Exoth3rmic, 20 August 2013 - 02:22 PM.

#11 Morang

• 1,259 posts
  • LocationHeart of Darkness

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:40 AM

You are fraud.

#12 M0rpHeu5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 956 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:43 AM

Wit at least till you test the game before you rant people, they might just forgot to add it on the notes. After you test rant all you want.

#13 Tabrias07

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 482 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:44 AM

http://www.competiti.../eng/03133.html

I'm emailing IGP and asking for a refund of every penny I've spent on this game. I'm not playing it again anyway. (unless they add a 1PV queue, but I sincerely doubt it will ever happen.)

#14 Jacmac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:49 AM

How do I opt out of 3PV matches? That is all I care about! Go ahead and put 3PV in, but how do I opt out? I will not play in 3PV or with players playing 3PV.

If it isn't optional, then I just threw several hundred dollars down a rat hole and the game is over for me!!!

Edited by Jacmac, 29 August 2013 - 01:02 PM.

#15 IceSerpent

• 3,044 posts

Assumption is the mother of all screw-ups (c)

#16 Kunae

• 4,303 posts

That's exceedingly naive. Are you new here?

#17 Squid von Torgar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 819 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:52 AM

Just adding to the my post to the outcry why don't we have 3PV/1PV separation of matches as was clearly stated as fact by Bryan?

#18 Aym

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,041 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:52 AM

Since you locked my thread my feedback is as follows:

Why did you go back on your promise so quickly? Why are there Drones of Shame in my 1st person only immersive mechwarrior game? I paid $120 for that game, and I was told there would be no 3rd person if I didn't want to play with them. So the solution is to not play the game at all? Or are the communication people at PGI that inept, to forget to mention a separate queue in the patch notes?

Are the player numbers so low you didn't feel you could split the queue? Or are you still finely crafting your "Command Chair" post to dodge the question and condescend your customers?

#19 BlackWidow

• 1,182 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Arizona

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:53 AM

View PostExoth3rmic, on 20 August 2013 - 10:39 AM, said:

If there's no 1pv hardcore que when I log in, I will be off for an extended break.

I already am due to heat/target/balance issues. Not trying to whine....but I've been playing since MAY 2012 and even with more maps/mechs...it's just not fun anymore. Too broken.

Ill be back Sept 17th

#20 M0rpHeu5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 956 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:57 AM

Since you seem new i'll give a MWO history lesson
1-PGI removes a serten mech for "Testing" and then BANG it turne it into a hero mech after they said that EVERYTHING will be CB buyablr

2-PGI removed collisons to fix them a year ago and the last think we heard about it was that it isn't a priority

3-PGI said that there won't ever be a 3pv and then BANG not only they added it but they made it a priority, it came one pach after 12v12 while 12v12 was planed almost 2 yearsd ago ahile the 3pv was planned about 6 months ago

You can never fully trast what PGI says

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users