Screenshot - Sarah Jenner

12 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,777 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 01:55 PM

Greetings MechWarriors! The time left to donate to the Canadian Cancer Foundation in support and memory of Sarah Parries has only five days left! You guys have given over 106,000 dollars already, and we are proud, humbled, sad, happy, and overwhelmed. Thank you so much for your support. In honour of this, and to highlight the few days left to get the Sarah Jenner, we've included a screenshot here of the Mech. Use it as your background, whatever suits your fancy, and remember that because of all of you, we're that much closer to beating this disease! Posted Image Lastly, we'd like to than Jon for sharing Sarahs story with us. Your whole family is made up of amazing people, and Garth greatly enjoyed your 1v1 duels with him. Cheers, The MechWarrior Online Team

#2 Tennex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 02:41 PM

lookin good

#3 Monsoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,631 posts
  • LocationToronto, On aka Kathil

Posted 15 August 2013 - 03:52 PM

Nice pic!

(though you'll need to fix the link as it seems to go to Kintarotherma instead.)

#4 Spheroid

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,060 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 15 August 2013 - 04:31 PM

I am supposed to honor her memory by destroying the mech named for her in combat? Also is healthy for a young girl to be interested in a grim future where destruction of giant stompy robots frequently results in the death of the pilot? No one that young would naturally gravitate towards Battletech or fully understand its larger meaning.

Edited by Spheroid, 15 August 2013 - 04:31 PM.

#5 Kiiyor

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 15 August 2013 - 04:47 PM

View PostSpheroid, on 15 August 2013 - 04:31 PM, said:

I am supposed to honor her memory by destroying the mech named for her in combat? Also is healthy for a young girl to be interested in a grim future where destruction of giant stompy robots frequently results in the death of the pilot? No one that young would naturally gravitate towards Battletech or fully understand its larger meaning.

Yes.

It's the joy of competition in giant stompy robots, it's not an allegory for anything else, and you don't have to understand any of its 'larger meaning' to enjoy it. My 5 year old loves it. She also loves all things pink and adores the Winx club, which I believe is FAR more insidious.

#6 Kiritumi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 120 posts
  • LocationIyanden

Posted 16 August 2013 - 07:03 AM

View PostKiiyor, on 15 August 2013 - 04:47 PM, said:

Oh winx club XD That name just brings back the memories of Winx vs W.i.t.c.h.

Your five year old sounds like she will grow up awesome. Maybe by then we will have custom decals for our mechs and she can paint a bunny face on hers?

Posted Image

#7 Grendel408

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,611 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 16 August 2013 - 08:56 AM

Awesome support MWO Community :huh: I painted mine purple, colored the leg white and black to mesh with the left weapon pod and added my Nvidia fairy for Sarah to watch over me :P

#8 Beanpod

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 03:37 PM

View PostSpheroid, on 15 August 2013 - 04:31 PM, said:

I really wish we could play music like the heavy metal during a kill :( If I was playing this mech it would be Starships "Sarah" :D

#9 jinghan

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 10:41 PM

I bought the Sarah Jenner mech but I don't see it in mechlab. Anyone please help.

#10 3Xtr3m3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 717 posts
  • LocationOn Your Six

Posted 18 August 2013 - 02:16 AM

"Lastly, we'd like to than Jon for sharing Sarahs story with us. Your whole family is made up of amazing people, and Garth greatly enjoyed your 1v1 duels with him."

Jon had an angel on his side. I am assuming even The Garth was intimidated by those odds.
Great write up, enjoyed hearing this.
And thanks for the screenshot.

Edited by 3Xtr3m3, 18 August 2013 - 02:25 AM.

#11 MoonUnitBeta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:34 PM

Great screenshot! A month flew by too fast....

#12 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:41 PM

View Postjinghan, on 17 August 2013 - 10:41 PM, said:

I bought the Sarah Jenner mech but I don't see it in mechlab. Anyone please help.

They get sent out every Tuesday and Friday afternoons. You'll likely get it after tomorrow's patch.

#13 Kiiyor

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:08 AM

View PostRina, on 16 August 2013 - 07:03 AM, said:

Oh winx club XD That name just brings back the memories of Winx vs W.i.t.c.h.

Your five year old sounds like she will grow up awesome. Maybe by then we will have custom decals for our mechs and she can paint a bunny face on hers?

Posted Image

Nevermind her wanting that, I do!

On an unrelated note: playing with the 5yo yesterday...

"Dad, do you mind if I aim at robot faces? You always say sweep the knee, but I want to aim for faces."
"Uuuum, sure, but why?"
"There's a sticky note here telling me I should always aim for faces"
"THAT'S WHERE THAT WENT! SAGE ADVICE! But you only do this in computer games and dodge ball."
"Got it."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users