19 replies to this topic

#1 Noesis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 17 August 2013 - 03:25 AM

I routinely get delays when performing any kind of function with the forum of late.

Trying to read a post, posting a reply, new post etc. All now measured in 10's of seconds with the saving of new postings taking noticeably longer by comparison. Previous forum use having little performance issues of note that would require an "egg timer" icon. :lol:

The current forum performance makes it rather impractical to use as a result.

#2 Noesis

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 17 August 2013 - 10:32 AM

This post is under the K0sh. :(

Interesting if extreme view about forum performance.

I think the Devs get the idea of how useful a forum is to their player base, so I'm hoping that simply making them aware as to its current performance might enable them to take the necessary steps to improve conditions.

There seems to be an abundance of apocalyptic predictions on the forums from the slightest of issues. In fact every time something is noted someone wants to escalate to the "End of the Inner sphere" these days.

Important heads up to forum posters, Utopia does not exist, thinking it does will result it dissatisfaction. Please try to be more realistic, PGI/IGP are not a part of the Illuminati and the Zombie apocalypse wont be happening next year, hf.

#3 StandingCow

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,069 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 August 2013 - 04:25 PM

Agreed, it has been slow for a while now... both here and at work (I work midnights so we have a huge bandwidth pipe to ourselves).

#4 Axen Marik

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 60 posts
  • LocationFlagship Outbound Light III, coordinates classified

Posted 18 August 2013 - 06:09 PM

I kinda like it, makes it much more time consuming for the trolls that seem to live here, and I don't mind the extra minute of my life it takes to check in periodically for useful information.

#5 Reggimus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 341 posts
  • LocationQueenstown, New Zealand

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:15 PM

Every day, without fail at 2000 NZDT (0800 GMT) the website goes to a crawl (Thats 1:00am in Vancover) Im guessing that when some backup or something happens in their data centre. Considering that fact that apparently there is a CDN used this is a major issue.

I say apparently as if there is a CDN used, and it is setup correctly then this should not happen.

Being a paying customer I find this not only extremely frustrating, but a case of poor customer service.

And before the but BETA crowd join in (which I am normally one of), it is the game that is in BETA, not the website. And yes I have raised this with support.

#6 MustrumRidcully

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,644 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:37 PM

Yes, it is pretty bad. It seems to become particularly bad around 10:00 (AM GMT+1), but even the rest of the day I have occassional long delays.

Edited by MustrumRidcully, 21 August 2013 - 10:39 PM.

#7 ravineh

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 11:34 PM

Browsing forum or even the site itself, from around 10:00-13:00 gmt+1 is almost impossible. Site loads after some minutes or not at all. This has been hapening at least for the last 2-3 weeks.

#8 Smokeyjedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,040 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:51 AM

Indeed the forums are extremely laggy, slow and unresponsive takes 10+ seconds to log in.......

#9 Vincian

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationBerlin

Posted 22 August 2013 - 04:16 AM

Same here...
The loading of two pages took me more than 40seconds.

Is that a tactic to minimize the number of complaints?

#10 Jestun

• 1,270 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 05:48 AM

This has been happening on and off for months now. It's still happening on pretty much a daily basis.

What progress has been made?

#11 3Xtr3m3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 717 posts
  • LocationOn Your Six

Posted 24 August 2013 - 06:49 PM

I have noticed forum is getting pretty slow. i think it started after the server upgrade of some weeks back.
Any word as to if it is going to be fixed any time soon?
Thanks

#12 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 25 August 2013 - 03:32 AM

PGI's use of social media approaches worst practice...
  • Important news is disseminated across disparate channels, and rarely replicated between them.
  • The official forum is more usually an afterthought than a principal channel of communication.
  • Information is posted as a one way broadcast, rather than a two-way dialogue.
  • Customer input doesn't even seem to be noticed, let alone responded to or acted upon.
  • Rumours are allowed to rage unchecked until eventually someone tries to quell the riot with a single post.
  • There's no regularly or consistency of information being provided.
  • The general forum was deconstructed in a transparent effort to dilute and stifle dissent.

I could go on, but I get paid good money to provide advice to companies in these areas, and providing solutions for free wont support my MC habit :) .

#13 Rasc4l

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 496 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:45 AM

View PostNoesis, on 17 August 2013 - 03:25 AM, said:

I routinely get delays when performing any kind of function with the forum of late.

This has been the situation for months now and there are several threads about this. PGI knows and they've said they're continuously improving their servers or something. Not much seems to get fixed though as the problem persists for months. Not to even mention the problems with the actual game but the fact that they can't even run a website is starting to make me feel awkward. Morpheus would probably tell me that I'm starting to look like a man who accepts what he sees because he's expecting to wake up any time.

#14 Hexenhammer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,729 posts
  • LocationKAETETôã

Posted 25 August 2013 - 10:27 AM

View PostAppogee, on 25 August 2013 - 03:32 AM, said:

PGI's use of social media approaches worst practice...
  • Important news is disseminated across disparate channels, and rarely replicated between them.
  • The official forum is more usually an afterthought than a principal channel of communication.
  • Information is posted as a one way broadcast, rather than a two-way dialogue.
  • Customer input doesn't even seem to be noticed, let alone responded to or acted upon.
  • Rumours are allowed to rage unchecked until eventually someone tries to quell the riot with a single post.
  • There's no regularly or consistency of information being provided.
  • The general forum was deconstructed in a transparent effort to dilute and stifle dissent.
I could go on, but I get paid good money to provide advice to companies in these areas, and providing solutions for free wont support my MC habit ;) .

And its reflected in the attitude of the forums. Polarized camps and while mood swings.

Edited by Hexenhammer, 25 August 2013 - 10:28 AM.

#15 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,366 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:10 PM

The Forum is bad since start of OB and with the influx of all the fresh Players it will be hard for PGI to keep up.
The day the Forum performs well is a day to grow big concern about the future of the game...^^

Edited by Thorqemada, 25 August 2013 - 08:10 PM.

#16 Noesis

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 14 September 2013 - 04:35 AM

This issue is effectively resolved from my point of view with the server upgrade. TYVM.

#17 Snowcrow

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 04:48 AM

The forum is lightning fast now. Great job. Now lets hope it doesn't get slow again after launch with all the new players.

Edited by Snowcrow, 14 September 2013 - 04:49 AM.

#18 Vincian

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationBerlin

Posted 14 September 2013 - 05:09 AM

Same here: The forum loads like every other website now. Thanks for upgrading the hardware!

Edited by Vincian, 14 September 2013 - 05:09 AM.

#19 Smokeyjedi

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,040 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 September 2013 - 05:13 AM

Lets hope they can Frankenstein those old servers and graft them onto their now overloaded 12V12 server bank. For MOAR POWR

#20 Ghogiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 10:06 AM

I can't even find another large gaming website with million+ users as poor as this ones server.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users