52 replies to this topic

#1 StandingCow

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,069 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 27 August 2013 - 06:43 AM

I know there has been a bit of an activity flurry due to the 3PV fiasco, but since launch day isn't far off... are there any plans to increase the bandwidth and speed of the website? If it launches like this I can guarantee you it will be down hard when more people show up.... preventing folks from buying MC.

The website has been responding slowly and occasionally throwing up errors for the last week, I forget what the errors said.. 505 or 502 or something. This has happened both at home as well as at work where we have a huge internet pipe.

Edited by Niko Snow, 16 September 2013 - 08:55 AM.

#2 Jestun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 07:26 AM

Posted Image

:edit:

Completely failed tests from http://tools.pingdom.com while it was playing up earlier.

Previous thread on this was locked with no response: http://mwomercs.com/...um-performance/ although to be fair it did get dragged off topic towards the end.

Edited by Jestun, 27 August 2013 - 07:29 AM.

#3 Training Instructor

• 1,218 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 27 August 2013 - 12:58 PM

Dude this has been happening off and on for at least two months now, and it's beginning to really frustrate me. I'm not quite sure if the company realizes that their forum most gets utilized when people can't play the game, such as when they're at work or on their lunch break. If it gets to a point where the forum speed is so unreliable that some groups get together and make private forums, the devs will lose a ton of feedback, and the community manager position will be even more pointless than it already is.

Hrm, now that I think about it...Anyone interested in setting up private forums based on people's MWO handles? I'll kick in $50 towards hosting costs.....

Sadly, I'm not joking. I just know nothing about setting up a new site.

#4 StandingCow

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,069 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 30 August 2013 - 02:21 AM

View PostNiko Snow, on 28 August 2013 - 08:36 PM, said:

Well we recently discovered the source of some of the day time errors taking place: Yours truly!
One of the anti-spam tools I was using was overpowered and would trigger some of these events, so I'll be using the more traditional tools instead.

Good to hear Niko. I will let you know if things improve! This was happening at night as well just FYI.

Edited by StandingCow, 30 August 2013 - 02:24 AM.

#5 Rasc4l

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 496 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 02:41 AM

Well we recently discovered the source of some of the day time errors taking place: Yours truly!
One of the anti-spam tools I was using was overpowered and would trigger some of these events, so I'll be using the more traditional tools instead.

Well damm, I was a bit confused why the forums have been working quite ok today. I will offer a tentative "thank you" at this point and see how it continues. ^_^ Thanks for letting us know.

#6 Gevurah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 500 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:34 AM

I'm still experiencing a good 3-4 second delay when connecting to this site from multiple locations:

my iphone
my work PC (ubuntu 10.10, firefox AND chrome)
my home PC (winxp, firefox) - all antivirus/spam software disabled

#7 BeezleBug

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 11:53 PM

I think you some serious problems with JavaScript/CSS on this website. plz check the Scripts/Stylesheets,
see if u can optimize the pictures, get rid of the java stuff :wub:
check the plugins which connect external, like facebook twitter and stuff, this can delay the loading process.
no offence but this website performs poorly :)

btw it is never a good idea to run the website on the gaming server^^

Edited by BeezleBug, 30 August 2013 - 11:54 PM.

#8 Faithsfall

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 363 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 31 August 2013 - 05:54 AM

This has been an issue for several months, can take 1 or 2 mins to load a page up from mwo, last time i experienced a website like this was several years ago when i had a dial up connection.

#9 StandingCow

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,069 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 31 August 2013 - 06:47 AM

Well, again today the forum is extremely slow.

#10 Ryvucz

Zunrith

• 2,839 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, Colorado

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:03 AM

I think the main cause of the slow loading is due to the game being tied with the forums, i.e. recording stats every 15 minutes, live updates, shared login, etc.

Just my opinion. =)

#11 Karl Split

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:32 AM

Yeah, hopefully they get more bandwidth for it the server always seems at capacity, I guess as it's beta they never bothered upgrading it.

#12 Jabilo

• Philanthropist
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 12:19 PM

Forums are still periodically very slow.

To define periodically, I mean several times a day I have pauses of 30 seconds to a minute to access a page plus constant failures when attempting to post.

Ironically it took me over 30 seconds to open this thread. When I logged in to post this comment it rather cheerfully threw me out of the forums and back to the main home page of the web site.

Do you have some ability to monitor forum performance, such as software that logs requests and the time to complete them and server capacity etc?

I mean does everything seem okay to you, or are your tech people aware that forum performance is poor and are working to correct it?

I am really interested to know whether you acknowledge this as an issue or whether you just think it is a problem at the users end (their location, connection speed etc.).

I mean this in the most constructive way possible, but like most nerds I have about a dozen web sites I visit several times a day. Mostly tech sites, forums, online comics plus several you tube channels I follow.

This is by a huge margin the slowest web site I visit.

Perhaps it is a measure of the games growing audience that the forum server is no longer sufficient for your uses?

I would love to hear your feedback.

Edited by Jabilo, 02 September 2013 - 12:21 PM.

#13 3Xtr3m3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 717 posts
  • LocationOn Your Six

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:20 PM

Forum moderators, IT guys, whoever, What is going on with the Forum Websites? Can we get an update as to what is happening to slow the Forums down so horribly?

#14 Boymonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 772 posts
  • LocationUK Yorkshire (from Manchester)

Posted 03 September 2013 - 12:35 AM

Oh Nico everything you touch breaks :) reminds me of myself.
Remind me never to get into a car with you :) .
Only jking pal, takes a decent person to own up.

#15 scJazz

• 1,668 posts
  • LocationNew London, CT

Posted 03 September 2013 - 09:35 AM

Great so Head Person in Charge of nuking Forum posts nuked forum?

GJ Niko!

Still think yer an OK dude.
Links were worth the apology!

#16 scJazz

• 1,668 posts
  • LocationNew London, CT

Posted 03 September 2013 - 02:18 PM

OK...

15 seconds to go from here...

To Forum main page
15 Seconds
from there to New Players
15 seconds
to display Notifications again
15 seconds
to get back here

You Forums/Web Server needs more hamsters!

#17 StandingCow

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,069 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 September 2013 - 11:08 PM

3:00 AM ET... and the forum is slow from work.

Posted Image

#18 scJazz

• 1,668 posts
  • LocationNew London, CT

Posted 04 September 2013 - 03:25 PM

View PostscJazz, on 03 September 2013 - 02:18 PM, said:

OK...

15 seconds to go from here...

To Forum main page
15 Seconds
from there to New Players
15 seconds
to display Notifications again
15 seconds
to get back here

You Forums/Web Server needs more hamsters!

more of the same... to be quite honest... in the 4 months that I have played MWO could the forums be accused of being responsive but with Launch just 2 weeks away I'm getting to be less forgiving

#19 BeezleBug

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 12:48 AM

here we go again, this is the slowest website on the internet. Work as intended??^^

#20 sporesp4wn

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 6 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 05 September 2013 - 01:49 AM

The forum may be slow because of the social media links.

I added the Annoyance Block List from http://www.{Noble MechWarrior}.co.nz/ to Adblock and that made a huge difference for me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users