Need More Mechs, Or Maps, Or Gametypes?

41 replies to this topic

Poll: Need more stuff, but what?! (95 member(s) have cast votes)

What do we need more of?

1. Mechs (3 votes [3.16%])

Percentage of vote: 3.16%

2. Maps (19 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

3. GameTypes (73 votes [76.84%])

Percentage of vote: 76.84%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 BillyM

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 05:15 PM

Very simply stated, what does everyone think we need more of at this point? If you had to pick one thing that would benefit the community more, what would it be? What would make the 2-3hrs of gaming more enjoyable for you? What would make your friends who all left during "PPC-ocalypse" come back?

Do you think we need more mechs? I personally applauded every single mech addition to this point. The differentiation was HUGE between variants. Have we reached the end of that, having already filled nearly every mech-type of each class?

How about maps? Remember when Alpine came out and we were SCREAMING to get more playtime on it? (They showed us, didn't they...) Do we have enough? Would time be better spent elsewhere for the developers?

How about game types? Would this be the icing on the cake? Would more objectives or different gametypes alltogether be what makes you chant "PGI, PGI, PGI"? Who wants to play some "see who's team can blow up more buildings in 15min on River City" or maybe "solaris 16 person free-for-all)? I know I do!

...so lay it out there, which of the 3 would you like to see focus placed upon?

--billyM

#2 Chief Ten Beers

• Pip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 05:25 PM

MOAR GAME MODES

#3 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 28 August 2013 - 05:34 PM

Maps and of course, good faction battles. With more modes on the maps. ;)

Edited by Johnny Z, 28 August 2013 - 05:35 PM.

#4 Bernard Matthaios

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 110 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted 28 August 2013 - 05:42 PM

Modes would be nice, however I find myself wanting more maps over game modes. I guess I'm just easily entertained... ;)

#5 Fabe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,041 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 05:49 PM

I would like to see new game modes with their own maps designed for that type of game play. Just look at Team Fortress 2 ,almost every game mode has its own set of maps so you're not playing gold rush mode on the 2Fort map. MWO should do the same.

#6 Boyinleaves

• PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 12:40 AM

'Mechs - Unless there are more compelling reasons to take new chassis (tonnage limits, alternate roles, hardpoint size limitations, whatever...) the choice is almost merely aesthetic, and thus, more 'Mechs are largely irrelevant from a gameplay perspective (the more we have, the less likely one of the new ones will fill a specific niche). I would prefer more gameplay, so 'Mechs are down on the priority list

Maps - I don't really care for the eye candy factor, though it is nice if I can get it. Would rather have dynamic maps with a multitude of randomly chosen conditions to heighten the variability. However, this can most effectively be achieved with...

Modes - More modes, modes with objectives, modes with random objectives, asymmetrical modes, scripted scenarios, keep thinking of new ways to play the game until...

Private matchmaking - Where any and all match variables can be selected at whim. 1v1 up to 12v12 and all variants between, random drop points, conditions, game types, tonnage limits, class limits, chassis/variant limits, timeline limitations, etc. etc.
etc.

Then we might have some substance.

#7 Wolfways

• Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts
  • LocationIn a shutdown overheated mech near you.

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:48 AM

There's no "All of the above" option.
But i'm in no hurry anyway...except for the clan mechs ;)

#8 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:39 AM

All of the above.

#9 Angel of Annihilation

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:05 PM

Gametypes at this point. Specifically we need military style missions and scenerios. Honestly I am tired of the Solaris VII style capture the flag type of objectives and want to fight in battles that seem at least semi-realistic.

#10 Thorqemada

• 6,365 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:17 PM

Gametypes!

Maps - and i really would like to see some nice variations of existing maps also (and if you ever have played SWTOR you most probably understand why)!

Mechs - we do need more Game first, and more Mechs second!

Edited by Thorqemada, 29 August 2013 - 10:19 PM.

#11 Sean von Steinike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:18 PM

All, in addition to what was already promised.

#12 Deathsani

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 12:14 AM

Please add asymmetrical game types, the constant deathmatch/area control is the same monotony that kills every group pvp. Hopefully we get something with launch.

#13 SgtKinCaiD

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,095 posts
  • LocationBordeaux

Posted 30 August 2013 - 01:24 AM

More game modes !

It's been a year with only two game modes ... Plus, PGI could easily implement a TDM mode (Assault mode without the bases) and a 'King of the hill' mode (Conquest mode with a unique base, randomly chosen from Epsi, Kappa and Theta).

Edited by SgtKinCaiD, 30 August 2013 - 01:25 AM.

#14 Typhoon Storm 2142

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 302 posts
  • LocationHamburg

Posted 30 August 2013 - 04:38 AM

View PostSgtKinCaiD, on 30 August 2013 - 01:24 AM, said:

It's been a year with only two game modes ... Plus, PGI could easily implement a TDM mode (Assault mode without the bases)

It's been a year where PGI didn't promise more game modes. But you're complaining nevertheless because you think they owe you new modes? And you think TDM is easily implemented? Think again, genius. A gamemode without capturable bases WILL NOT WORK, because that can be abused on the big maps. Someone could go hiding and shutting down, stretching the match lenght to 15 minutes. And what about if only two opposing players survive the initial battle, but no one has weapons left...either because they got destroyed or the ammo ran out, and there's still 12 minutes to play?

Stop claiming everything is easy and PGI is lazy! YOU are lazy, because you never really used your brain.

I agree with getting a KotH game mode though, that could definitely be in the game.

Edited by Typhoon Storm 2142, 30 August 2013 - 05:13 AM.

#15 Cybermech

Tool

• 2,097 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 04:40 AM

more modes is the only option there.

#16 Modo44

• Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 04:46 AM

We need a working matchmaker.

#17 sC4r

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 475 posts
  • LocationSlovakia

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:17 AM

with the announcement of phoenix package and still delayed mechs (orion/flea) there is plenty of mechs
maps well we are not starving there

GAME MODE IS NEEDED more than anything now... anything to change the gameplay from 2 "deathballs" engaging each other into something that actually allows players to move in smaller groups not just a one massive 10 mech blob with 2 scouts or something

idc what at this moment... something simple like make one team attacker, the other defender, make 4-6 destructible structures/bases with like 200-300 hp and the attckers need to kill 75% of them in order to win... those will be spread around map

or 1 base 500 hp, deffenders will have superior mechs (understand this their tonnage will be higher), attackers will have supperior numbers (best way attackers have 1 respawn -> upon death they can drop same mech on one of predefined spawn zones)

idc maybe you could tinker this so that these base could serve some function -> so long you have airfield base you can call airstrikes, or maybe radar base you can calldown uav (you can even make it for free)

for attackers they can have their own base but upon its destruction they will not lose however the mission time will be reduced by 5 minutes, and so long it exists they can utilize their respawn points...

anything would do that will allow players to play in smaller groups to win over one super large

#18 R Razor

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,583 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania ...'Merica!!

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:22 AM

Modes and maps.

#19 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:26 AM

I voted for more game modes since the game is lacking entertainment in that department. Besides it's pretty boring to do capture this capture that. It'll help the game bring in new players and give some variety.

But as a secondary choice, I would say a new mech like the 95-ton Banshee.

I WANT MY BANSHEE NOW!!!

#20 Sennin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 459 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 30 August 2013 - 12:50 PM

I would sincerely like to see more game modes, particularly "King of the Hill" and "Capture the Flag". These two modes offer something for everyone and provide more defined roles for people to play.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users