What Else Will You Break Next?

45 replies to this topic

#1 Brazo Izquierdo de Muerte

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 107 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 07:43 PM

Ok so you have screwed with the guass, so now im going to ask a few other changes too. lets have to click buttons to get our ac's to reload and also lets have to hold down the firebutton to get the ppc's to charge and while we are at it can we make the ppc shots track too? Also lets make it so you have to close the LRM doors on some mechs to get them to reload there lrm racks.

And id like to see the animation of my pilot jumping out of his mech to clear the UAC5 jam too, preferably wielding a large sledge hammer. lets see what else can yall mess with that is not needed? oh i know can i get an animation of my pilot with one of those old school car cranks that you used to use to turn over your engine back in the 1900's? only this one will let me start my auxillary power unit so i can start up my reactor.

im not asking for much really i just think these would add to the game. Also lets make it so we can shoot the 3rd person view camera out of the air. oh and id also like the magnetic resonance view and also the satillite uplink view from Mech Warrior 2 and for the ppl with really slow computers can we get the old school image enhancement view (Wire Frame). and also an auto pilot cause some of these maps are large and id like to make a sandwich and oh yeah an ammo eject button too.

kudos tho for fixing the zoom.

Oh and im not one who uses the guass much im just one for not fixing something thats not broke. Esp when you tell us your gonna try to stay as close to canon as you can. but if you must know what i run its 2erppc 2 uac5

Edited by Alisyn Chaynes, 05 September 2013 - 07:57 PM.

#2 Zolaz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 05 September 2013 - 07:47 PM

Now you are just being silly ... dont you know that PGI is slaving away working on UI 2.0 and CW. I have to take their word for it though, because we havent seen any progress or shown anything to support that. All we have is PGI's word and we know how well PGI is at keeping that.

#3 TOGSolid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,212 posts
  • LocationJuneau, Alaska

Posted 05 September 2013 - 07:54 PM

The tears of all the PPC/Gauss guys are absolutely delicious.

#4 Brazo Izquierdo de Muerte

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 107 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 07:59 PM

View PostTOGSolid, on 05 September 2013 - 07:54 PM, said:

The tears of all the PPC/Gauss guys are absolutely delicious.
Agreed.

dont worrie im sure if i look hard enough id find somthing you complained about them messing with too. oh wait i did you were complaining about ferro armor being messed up.

Edited by Alisyn Chaynes, 05 September 2013 - 08:05 PM.

#5 Livewyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 05 September 2013 - 07:59 PM

From a PPC/Gauss sniper..

quit being dramatic.

#6 mack sabbath

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:02 PM

What is a guass? So many people cry about this strange word.

#7 Brazo Izquierdo de Muerte

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 107 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:06 PM

View PostLivewyr, on 05 September 2013 - 07:59 PM, said:

quit being dramatic.

im not a ppc gauss sniper im a dont fix what is not broken kinda person but im sure if i look hard enough like i did with the last guy i can find some thing that up set you as well.

#8 Angel of Annihilation

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:22 PM

OP has a very valid point. The game is getting overly complex for no reason. Ghost Heat, Charge up on Weapons, DHS that don't dissipate the proper heat, a brand new heatsystem that is nothing like the original battletech heat system. None of this is needed yet the band goes on. Each and every new patch is less like Mechwarrior and more like some game called "Robowars" that happened to have stolen Mechwarriors names for mechs. Hell even alot of our mechs don't look like Battletech mechs, I know I sure don't recognize the Quickdraw, Kintaro and Orion from the TROs.

#9 Brazo Izquierdo de Muerte

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 107 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:23 PM

View PostViktor Drake, on 05 September 2013 - 08:22 PM, said:

OP has a very valid point. The game is getting overly complex for no reason. Ghost Heat, Charge up on Weapons, DHS that don't dissipate the proper heat, a brand new heatsystem that is nothing like the original battletech heat system. None of this is needed yet the band goes on. Each and every new patch is less like Mechwarrior and more like some game called "Robowars" that happened to have stolen Mechwarriors names for mechs. Hell even alot of our mechs don't look like Battletech mechs, I know I sure don't recognize the Quickdraw, Kintaro and Orion from the TROs.

Thank you victor you understood exactly what i was trying to say. i was being out landish to try to prove a point, again you have my thanks sir.

#10 DemoMaster

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:25 PM

No, seriously though. So what that Gauss/PPC was a good build, and that it was a bit obnoxious to fight against. What reason did they have to make a change like that to the gauss rifle ? So far I think that the change to it is a little aggravating overall, besides the fact it is no easier to actually hit people with it, but why didn't they simply increase the projectile speed on the gauss ? It would have accomplished the same thing as the charge time, probably in a better capacity since it would have caused the Gauss/PPC boats to have to fire separately due to the speeds being so different. They are changing things in ways that are causing more damage than actually causing things to be truly fixed.

Edited by DemoMaster, 05 September 2013 - 08:27 PM.

#11 Brazo Izquierdo de Muerte

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 107 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:29 PM

View PostDemoMaster, on 05 September 2013 - 08:25 PM, said:

No, seriously though. So what that Gauss/PPC was a good build, and that it was a bit obnoxious to fight against. What reason did they have to make a change like that to the gauss rifle ? So far I think that the change to it is a little aggravating overall, besides the fact it is no easier to actually hit people with it, but why didn't they simply increase the projectile speed on the gauss ? It would have accomplished the same thing as the charge time, probably in a better capacity since it would have caused the Gauss/PPC boats to have to fire separately due to the speeds being so different. They are changing things in ways that are causing most damage than actually causing things to be truly fixed.

Demo you have it exactly like vic does above you. and its not really so much that this guass change worries me but its the what are they gonna change next that IS drastic that worries me

#12 Chavette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:31 PM

View PostLivewyr, on 05 September 2013 - 07:59 PM, said:

quit being dramatic.

Just because you follow the crowd and use it doesn't mean you're comfortable enough with it for your opinion to matter...

#13 Hythos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • LocationLOS ANGELES, er, I mean Dustball

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:37 PM

View PostAlisyn Chaynes, on 05 September 2013 - 08:29 PM, said:

Demo you have it exactly like vic does above you. and its not really so much that this guass change worries me but its the what are they gonna change next that IS drastic that worries me

You mean, like their plan for Clan technology to be like "the intended spirit" of the Clans, not the actual CBT stats and values?

#14 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:52 PM

All I will say is this:

I get the feeling that the Gauss change will "lead" into module territory. It is very possible that PGI will release a module that "removes the charge up time" of the Gauss Rifle. Same could be said for the PPC min range nerf/removal.

If this does happen... have fun at the future balance whines!

Edited by Deathlike, 05 September 2013 - 08:53 PM.

#15 TB Freelancer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 783 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:15 PM

View PostDemoMaster, on 05 September 2013 - 08:25 PM, said:

No, seriously though. So what that Gauss/PPC was a good build, and that it was a bit obnoxious to fight against. What reason did they have to make a change like that to the gauss rifle ? So far I think that the change to it is a little aggravating overall, besides the fact it is no easier to actually hit people with it, but why didn't they simply increase the projectile speed on the gauss ? It would have accomplished the same thing as the charge time, probably in a better capacity since it would have caused the Gauss/PPC boats to have to fire separately due to the speeds being so different. They are changing things in ways that are causing more damage than actually causing things to be truly fixed.

I think PGI is finding as much scrap as possible, throwing it at into a jet engine, then p1ssing into it and seeing what sticks....

...I'm just not sure if they're using what stuck to the engine or what they covered themselves with.

At this point in the game's development, wild swings in balance are fumblingly unprofessional to put it politely. They had over a year to tweak the weapon, introduce things to deal with it like more heat in the last patch, ghost heat, all the while ignoring the fact that the projectiles of PPC and Gauss were far too close to one another.

A simple fix would have been to change the two weapons projectile speeds, make another mild adjustment to heat, maybe make it impossible for both weapon types to fire within 1 second of each other. Done.

Instead, as PGI looks at other weapons to make them more 'unique' we'll likely end up with more charge times, button combos, etc. like we saw in the old arcade games....

....wanna fire a guass and a laser at once? Press Mouse3 to charge for .25 seconds then press UP UP Left Right Mouse1+Mouse3 and if that doesn't work ALT+F4....

I think now that they have my money, they just want me to go away....

#16 TitanFall

• Pip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:21 PM

I'm a sniper and I am very happy with the new patch.
CTF 3D new build:
2x 1x PPC ac10 (FF & ES)
Alpha Strike 30 with nice convergence ppc - ac10

HGN 732 new build:
3x 1x PPC ac10, aggressive build that requires a good heat management.
Alpha Strike 40 is just awsome.

#17 TOGSolid

• 1,212 posts
  • LocationJuneau, Alaska

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:32 PM

View PostAlisyn Chaynes, on 05 September 2013 - 07:59 PM, said:

Agreed.

dont worrie im sure if i look hard enough id find somthing you complained about them messing with too. oh wait i did you were complaining about ferro armor being messed up.

Lol, poor kid had to stretch reaaaaaaaaaaally far for that strawman.

#18 Davis Early

• PipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 23 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Limbo

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:39 PM

You know, the more I thnk about the physics of all this, it occurs to me that is would be the PPC's that would logically need time to charge up bfore being launched across the canyon to hit something... A Gauss would theorically become something that had an insane cooldown/reloading time, longer than a PPC would take, much lesss a regular laser. Oh, well, I'm not to one who convinced you all to give me a buttload of Founder's money just for the chance to confuse shooting uphill or cha-cha'ing in the doorway to Terra Therma's bowl o' heat with actual combat and tactics. The Gauss's firing mechanics either needed to be dropped down a few notches of damage or have this "nerf" occur, just simply to help cut down on the back and forth hide and seek, which is not the way BattleTech ever occurred in "ye good olde days". I for one was getting pretty tired of watching newbs try to imitate Vets' Stalkers with their medium lasered Hunchbacks, ALL of them clogging the bottleneck because no one wanted to be the first to take damage, you know?

Anywho, I for one am getting pretty tired of reading about the formerly mighty tart-popper quite this much. Play the game, go into the Testing grounds, and get your mechanic back on using the new weapon against un moving Mechs. Please.

#19 Brazo Izquierdo de Muerte

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 107 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:47 PM

View PostTOGSolid, on 05 September 2013 - 09:32 PM, said:

Lol, poor kid had to stretch reaaaaaaaaaaally far for that strawman.

well im 30 and no i was just pointing out that you had something you did not like and you had your two cents about it. Well this is my two cents you did not see me raging on you for your opinon did you?

but im sure that since your better than me when they change some thing that you like(again) im sure you wont mind it a bit.

but you missed what one of the devs said (paul) about making the weapons more unique. so the question is what will they break next?

Edited by Alisyn Chaynes, 05 September 2013 - 09:54 PM.

#20 TOGSolid

• 1,212 posts
  • LocationJuneau, Alaska

Posted 05 September 2013 - 10:06 PM

What makes you think I missed Paul saying that? He's damn right the weapon classes should be more unique. And hell, I actually have had something I liked changed (AC/2 ghost heat is kinda stupid) and it sucks but I adapted. The difference is that I then didn't make a pissy moany thread made entirely out of hyperbole about it and instead do my best to keep providing constructive feedback. For a thirty year old, you sure as hell act like a twelve year old.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users