ISN News Flash

9 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,778 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 07:00 PM

Thu. Nov 10, 3048: Epsilon Indi continues its recruitment for colonization, advertizing record growth and financial opportunities for all.

#2 Ghost

Com Guard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 08:02 PM

Epsilon Indi was discovered by the Magellan Five exploration probe sent by Terra in late 2030. It was settled early in humanity's rapid expansion to the stars in the beginnings of the 22nd century. Like most worlds close to Terra during the fall of the Star League, the once-thriving planet of Epsilon Indi suffered badly at the hands of Amaris forces during the Amaris Civil War. Captured early in the coup through a liberal use of neutron weapons and lightning strikes against orbital defense sites, the population was decimated and the world became a gauntlet for SLDF forces to pass through. Its powerful Space Defense System would wipe out the forces of the 34th Royal BattleMech Division as they attempted to retake their homeworld on July 1st, 2767, demonstrating the horrific costs of any frontal assault. The eventual attack that broke the hold of Amaris' troops, however, led the Usurper's men to resort to scorched-earth tactics, razing cities and factories with what remained in their nuclear arsenal. Today, even centuries later, Epsilon Indi is a wasteland of deserts, empty seabeds, and bombed-out cities, whose population now inhabits only the polar regions, which were spared most of the fallout. The rich mineral deposits across the planet's four main landmasses are only now beginning to become accessible by mining operations. Epsilon Indi is a world continuing to struggle for its recovery from the scars of war.

#3 Dihm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,312 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationPlanet Trondheim

Posted 11 November 2011 - 04:16 AM

Sounds like a fun place to move to.

#4 Starne

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 07:27 AM

Radiation storms? So what. Epsilon Indi does'nt sound so bad. At least as long as armies of rampaging Mechwarriors don't decide to pay it a visit, to use as a battlefield, but what are the odds of that?

#5 Dragonlord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,230 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 11 November 2011 - 10:05 AM

I really like these daily news updates, especially with Ghost adding some background information afterwards.
The news flashes alone dont really tell me much, but the background info provided by ghost makes it feel much more alive and gives me allot of insight into a world I really dont know much about.
And of course it adds to the immersion as well.

It makes me come back for more, so keep it up. :)

Edited by Dragonlord, 11 November 2011 - 12:41 PM.

#6 Ghost

Com Guard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 01:02 PM

View PostDragonlord, on 11 November 2011 - 10:05 AM, said:

I really like these daily news updates, especially with Ghost adding some background information afterwards.
The news flashes alone dont really tell me much, but the background info provided by ghost makes it feel much more alive and gives me allot of insight into a world I really dont know much about.
And of course it adds to the immersion as well.

It makes me come back for more, so keep it up. :)

Why thank you! :D
I saw the news flashes and I thought to myself "there's bound to be someone out there that doesn't know what the news is talking about."

So I went all Paul Harvey and worked on telling the rest of the story.

Edited by Ghost, 11 November 2011 - 01:05 PM.

#7 Threat Doc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 11 November 2011 - 05:37 PM

These are great, Ghost, keep up the good work. I've read most of this stuff, in the past, and re-reading it I get all nostalgic. Thanks.

#8 Kosmaj

• PipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 25 posts
  • LocationSolaris 7

Posted 12 November 2011 - 10:02 AM

Read carefullly! It's still a strategic point for those who wish to attack Terra.

#9 Solomon K Chapman

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 04:59 PM

i am enjoy the rest of the story Ghost keep up the good work :)

#10 Harrow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 01:21 PM

View PostGhost, on 10 November 2011 - 08:02 PM, said:

Epsilon Indi was discovered by the Magellan Five exploration probe sent by Terra in late 2030. It was settled early in humanity's rapid expansion to the stars in the beginnings of the 22nd century. Like most worlds close to Terra during the fall of the Star League, the once-thriving planet of Epsilon Indi suffered badly at the hands of Amaris forces during the Amaris Civil War. Captured early in the coup through a liberal use of neutron weapons and lightning strikes against orbital defense sites, the population was decimated and the world became a gauntlet for SLDF forces to pass through. Its powerful Space Defense System would wipe out the forces of the 34th Royal BattleMech Division as they attempted to retake their homeworld on July 1st, 2767, demonstrating the horrific costs of any frontal assault. The eventual attack that broke the hold of Amaris' troops, however, led the Usurper's men to resort to scorched-earth tactics, razing cities and factories with what remained in their nuclear arsenal. Today, even centuries later, Epsilon Indi is a wasteland of deserts, empty seabeds, and bombed-out cities, whose population now inhabits only the polar regions, which were spared most of the fallout. The rich mineral deposits across the planet's four main landmasses are only now beginning to become accessible by mining operations. Epsilon Indi is a world continuing to struggle for its recovery from the scars of war.

So no ones drinking corona's and laying around on the beach then?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users