Gifting Codes/vouchers With The Existing System

1 reply to this topic

#1 627

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:00 AM

I know we actually have no way to gift anything to other players and that would be a difficult system to implement.

But how about this: There is a "redeem code" section on the website, for promo codes and so on.

Why not sell some Codes? Maybe only on the website? For example, $2 for a mechbay-slot as a code or $5 for the color green? (prices just made up for the example)

I think the prices should be a bit (like in "a little bit") higher than in-game and of course you'd need to check that the codes only work on one account on time, but this shouldn't be too hard to implement.

This would be great if i could just buy some colors or camos or maybe one or two mechbays for the free players in our unit. And at the end, PGI would still get the money for these item, even a bit more. And from what I can see, it would only be a minor extension to the existing system.

What do you think? Usable? Possible? Exploitable?

Edited by 627, 08 September 2013 - 11:01 AM.

#2 WM Wraith

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 171 posts
  • LocationQuit breaking the game, or changing irrelevant stuff and fix the bugs from closed beta.

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:36 PM

View Post627, on 08 September 2013 - 11:00 AM, said:

I know we actually have no way to gift anything to other players and that would be a difficult system to implement.

But how about this: There is a "redeem code" section on the website, for promo codes and so on.

Why not sell some Codes? Maybe only on the website? For example, $2 for a mechbay-slot as a code or $5 for the color green? (prices just made up for the example)

I think the prices should be a bit (like in "a little bit") higher than in-game and of course you'd need to check that the codes only work on one account on time, but this shouldn't be too hard to implement.

This would be great if i could just buy some colors or camos or maybe one or two mechbays for the free players in our unit. And at the end, PGI would still get the money for these item, even a bit more. And from what I can see, it would only be a minor extension to the existing system.

What do you think? Usable? Possible? Exploitable?

Great idea - this way I would be able to do the same for my kids. Don't think exploitable, just that it would probably take PGI off task of many things to do that have been around to get done for a long time.

I do like the idea however. Would help teams to get color synched where some f2p players can't pony up for the colors or MC.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users