9 replies to this topic

#1 Scav3ng3r

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,055 posts
  • LocationFree Worlds League

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:50 PM

Ok, I understand why they aren't allowed to PM other players, but why can't non-recruit accounts send PM to recruit accounts? How am I supposed to PM a new player with a recruit account things like TS server info where they can go to get help, or check out various factions?

I feel this system needs to be revised a little.

#2 BLaaR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:44 AM

As a person who do not have the bandwidth capabilities or time to play the game, I constantly visit the forums to read up about game development and visit the "art" sub section to look at other member's art and also contribute my own.

As of now I am unable to post anymore in the Art sub forum because of my recruit status which is a real bummer.

Any chance the sub forum Art Work can be opened for recruits ? Can't see the harm done that it is closed off.

As for the Pm's . I guess I can live without it.

Thanks

Edited by BLaaR, 17 September 2013 - 12:45 AM.

#3 TheTeacher

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:21 AM

I have to agree with BLaaR. As one who is unable to play the game, I do feel blocking us out of certain forums (like Art) is rather harsh...discriminatory even. Play or Go Away? Not exactly a great way to build a tight knit community. :)

#4 BFett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts
  • LocationA galaxy far far away...

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:19 AM

Wait, you have to play the game to have the Recruit status removed from your name? That's crazy, it would be better to have the first 20 or so posts be recruit status and if none of those are purely spam then the member should be promoted to member on the 21st post.

I'm shocked that this is not the case to begin with.

#5 Durant Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:24 PM

lol

This forum is for a game -- it isn't a standalone forum. It makes sense that you can only post in certain sections until you play 25 matches. It prevents spam accounts without giving moderators the extra work of policing for spam posts.

You've been here since December of 2011 but haven't played 25 matches? This isn't a general BattleTech/MechWarrior forum like the Classic BattleTech forums and others. It's directly related to this game only. I have to ask -- if you cannot play the game, why hang around here?

#6 Fooby

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:38 PM

Here's my Win/Loss 398 / 408, yet I'm still a recruit? I know I only started back up this October since a patch in July during closed beta made the game unplayable, and remained so until sometime in june/july of this year (and since it was an issue only when other mechs were visible and moving the training ground didn't really help me test).

EDIT: well now it shows as Member, checking my forum profile from my last post it still showed recruit, strange.

Edited by Fooby, 12 November 2013 - 01:39 PM.

#7 Captain Hindsight

• Pip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:26 PM

My win loss is even higher, yet still i'm a recruit... given how much time i spend playing, i was wondering when i'll become a member. Maybe i need to play just a few thousend games more.

Hmm, this is strange... Now i'm a member too.

Edited by HerrTeatime, 02 December 2013 - 03:27 PM.

#8 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:46 PM

Please note that you have two Member and Recruit titles:

The one above your chosen faction symbol (if any) is the user title. It will display recruit as long as you do not have at least 10 posts on the boards. It's meaningless in function. From time to time there might be an opportunity to earn a custom title, but those are very rare.

The one below the chosen faction symbol (if any) but above your post count is the group title. It will display a recruit title in light blue as long as you haven't played 15 matches in MWO. After those 25 matches it will automatically switch to the member group. As long as you are in this recruit group your posting abilities are limited on the MWO forums.

Don't worry, I just noticed that a few days ago myself and didn't know before that the user title changes as well.

Edited by Egomane, 02 December 2013 - 04:02 PM.

#9 MoonUnitBeta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:34 PM

Interesting stuff. Would these restrictions be available to some degree in the person’s forum profile page under the recruit or rookie title?
Something along the lines of: "You must play 25 games to remove this tag. Click here to view your forum limitations." Or even hovering over the word Recruit or Rookie could bring up a little tool-tip that says what you can do to clear it, etc?
Gatta admit, things like that help clear up issues right away and prevent confusion like this. But I dunno haha just a thought. I guess the time to implement it vs the benefit it gives isn’t worth it?

#10 TheTeacher

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:27 PM

View PostDurant Carlyle, on 12 November 2013 - 12:24 PM, said:

lol

You've been here since December of 2011 but haven't played 25 matches? This isn't a general BattleTech/MechWarrior forum like the Classic BattleTech forums and others. It's directly related to this game only. I have to ask -- if you cannot play the game, why hang around here?

By that logic, why does anyone watch football?

All I have ever played is the PC games....I know virtually nothing about table top Battletech. I find this PC stuff interesting. Once I am able to and once the game supports the options I want, I will begin to play...not that my motivations are any of your business.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users