Idea: Add A Second "resettable" Set Of Stats

1 reply to this topic

Poll: Add resettable stats (2 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like a set of stats you could reset when you want it?

1. Yes (2 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

2. No (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Indifferent (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Mawai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:29 AM

The game records overall stats. W/L and K/D have been recorded since open beta while the more detailed stats started mid-year. Unfortunately, with all the changes in weapons balance, mechs, maps, heat, fotm and other factors the stats don't really mean very much.

Idea: Implement a second set of stats for each player that can be reset (set back to zero) by the player at any time. The statistics gathered would be the same as those currently being collected, however the date of the start of collection would be displayed on the statistics page.

This would allow players to collect daily, weekly or monthly statistics depending on when they choose to reset them. They could reset the statistics when a new patch or significant changes in game balance are introduced. This would provide feedback to the player on how they are doing NOW in the current version of MWO rather than an integrated result that encompasses all sort of changes. (I know my numbers going back to the start of open beta don't really mean that much any more ... the W/L and K/D on my Jenner for example have been slowly dropping due to game changes affecting light mechs and to my ELO changing ... leading to a different set of opponents).

Many folks are asking for a statistics reset with the Launch of MWO ... I'd suggest adding resettable stats so folks can record them over whatever time frame they like since resetting everyone's stats is not likely.

#2 Gaan Cathal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:41 PM

I get what you're after, but I think that displaying trending stats might be a better way to get at it. Thus you see not only how you are doing, but how that compares with how you've done over time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users