• The Icon
  • The Icon
  • 28 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:01 PM

Tested abit .. what u guys think? I like the speed thats why the 400XL

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...a6690fe53e855c0

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...1c2c23cf8ff270e

edit: oh sry can someone move this to Battlemech guides? ty <3

Edited by Lightning Kurita, 19 September 2013 - 04:03 PM.

#2 Racklesnack

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 291 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:08 PM

You still have a ton of srm ammo in the second build but other than that it's one i'll probably use

#3 Tilley

• PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationTN

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:09 PM

Your second one looks better than the first except that you still have SRM ammo on the leg with no SRM missle launcher. The first loadout looks like a medium range brawler with the exception of the AC/2. I would put a larger ballistic weapon on the arm if you are only utilizing one of the two ballistic hard points. On the second model, the AC/10 is fine but you will need more ammo. Both builds lack punch from long distance, so if you start getting hammered from LRM boats or snipers, you have no return fire that counts.

#4 Lightning Kurita

• PipPip
  • The Icon
  • The Icon
  • 28 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:24 PM

I guess that meele build is abit effected by my personal playstyle ;) I dont like Lrms as well as the Heat malus of the extended range Weapons :) I tryed alot of adding a PPC with a proper viable ballistic weapon but both dont work quite well with XL 400 if u dont want to switch out the lasers :(

but thank u guys for that feedback

and sry about that srm ammo in the second loadout forgot to change it

#5 Jam the Bam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:32 AM

Second one looks better, personally I would remove the SRM ammo for another ton of AC10 ammo, then skim some armour, from the legs mainly for another double heat sink.

#6 Blue Splint

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:25 PM

I like the 2nd build, might use it with a STD engine though for survivability. The only other tweak I'd mention is that medium laser in the right arm. You can't alpha 7 medium lasers without getting a heat penalty, and if you took out this Mlas you could strip lots of armor off that arm, meaning the removal of 1 Mlas could get you about 2 tons, which could be 2 more DHS (36% heat eff. seems a bit low for me for a short-range build).

#7 Bront

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:56 AM

I like the second build a lot better (other than the stray SRM ammo).

For your first build, I would do something a little more like this: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...a717dfdd4c3d296

AC2 range is nice, but solo it's a lot of tonnage and not that exciting. In this build, you get 2 LL for long range (make ER for longer range, this build can handle it), 2 MLs for shorter range, SRM4 for punch up close, and 2MGs to finish off exposed mech parts. Don't want the MG? Swap it out for 2 more MLs (might be better anyway), and you get a shield arm.

Personally, I'll take my BLR-1G build over either here.

#8 Captain Stiffy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:49 AM

View PostLightning Kurita, on 19 September 2013 - 04:01 PM, said:

6 medium lasers is plenty, the 7th is total overkill on that - cycle wise you aren't ever going to need the 7th and alpha wise 7 puts you into heat penalty territory.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...72386796e22bdb3

Here's my first attempt

Could probably go gauss instead with xl engine

#9 Lightning Kurita

• PipPip
  • The Icon
  • The Icon
  • 28 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:52 AM

i like the speed of BLR with a XL 400 y 7 lasers maybe abit too much but if u chain them or use 3/3 and the last one only if u got enough heat makes this variant pretty deadly i think :P

There are plenty of choices i know ^^ but thanks for all the opinions ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users