Control Suggestions For Better Gameplay

2 replies to this topic

#1 Mord76

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:03 PM

Based on my experience with other mech or tank games, I have the following suggestions for the handling of the mechs, which I believe will improve gameplay a lot.

1) When stationary, when you move the mech's torso at the very far right or left side and you continue to move your mouse, I think that the feet should rotate also to follow the camera movement. That way you would not always have to press the directional keys to follow an enemy, at a time when your fingers should be on the numbers and not on the letters.

2) When you move at one direction and you look somewhere else and then turn your feet, the torso should NOT turn too!!! Instead the torso should stay fixed where you originally point with your mouse and just the feet change their direction, at least until you reach the limit of your torso-feet deflection. Imagine something like the effect of "F" key, only that in this case you would not necessary center your feet with your camera. It is very frustrating, when you spot an enemy at a different angle and manually turn your mech, to loose focus on the enemy all the time.

Edited by Mord76, 19 September 2013 - 05:05 PM.

#2 Veranova

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 542 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:52 PM

I kind of agree.
I've thought similar things, however at the same time I think having loads of control systems would be confusing for new players.
I recently tried out Warthunder and was totally bemused by the number of control systems I was being asked to choose from on startup.

We need one control system that everyone can relate to and help each other with, and a good teaching system (3pv for a start, plus tutorials) to help newbies learn this.

Again I do agree in principle, they're very intelligent ideas.
But there are wider issues in my eyes.

#3 Varth Shenon

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationLocation

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:56 AM

not too realistic, also,
light mechs will get abused, and another reason for rage thread. sorry not suppoting.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users