An Argument For Mech Quirks

2 replies to this topic

#1 Foxfire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:59 PM

Simply put, there are certain mechs that are designed to be paired and take advantage of certain weapons.

The most notable of those that are currently in the game are the Catapult and the LRM and the PPC and the Awesome.

The Awesome has it's own issues with the number of 'adjustments' (aka nerfs) to PPC's... and the Catapult in the current game makes such a sub par LRM boat when compared with Assaults and other heavies.

I think it wouldn't be a bad idea to give mech specific benefits(and penalties to balance them out) to mechs that are designed to specialize in certain weapons.

The Awesome should be amazing with PPC's.. the Catapult should be an exceptional LRM boat(instead of a joke when compared to assault LRM boats).. the Jager should be a beast with ballistics..

Otherwise you end up with what are supposed to be premier mechs with certain weapons(with the excepton of the Jager) being out classed at their intended 'role' by other mechs.

#2 Veranova

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 542 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:56 PM

I agree.
Awesome = 5% lower PPC heat generation
Catapult = 5% boost in LRM ammo.
Blackjack / Jagermech = 5% faster ballistic cooldown when stationary (it's meant to be a mobile gun platform after all)

Really simple buffs like that would really set the different mechs apart.

#3 Foxfire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 02:53 PM

View PostVeranova, on 19 September 2013 - 06:56 PM, said:

I agree.
Awesome = 5% lower PPC heat generation
Catapult = 5% boost in LRM ammo.
Blackjack / Jagermech = 5% faster ballistic cooldown when stationary (it's meant to be a mobile gun platform after all)

Really simple buffs like that would really set the different mechs apart.

It doesn't have to be anything 'OMG' powerful.. just enough to really encourage people to use weapon associated mechs in those roles.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users