• Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationJarnFolk Cluster

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:44 PM

Posted Image

Axe-age, sword-age - sundered are shields
Wind-age, wolf-age, ere the world crumbles;
Will the spear of no man spare the other.
The Isengrim

Posted Image

The distant JàrnFòlk of the Deep Periphery have little interest in the comings and goings of the Inner Sphere. The various succession wars have churned for centuries beyond the borders of these hardy explorers and traders. Yet a new menace lurks outside the rim of the Known Universe. Unlike the dim and ignorant denizens of the Inner Sphere the JàrnFòlk recognize the threat that builds just beyond the Veil of the Protector.

A great Althing was called upon the cold windswept world of Hofn. Where the gathered Great Families and their lesser allies voted upon a course of action. Numerous seers warned that this was more than an invasion that this was the ill-begotten Ragnarok at last.

The Althing determined that a group of volunteers would be sent to the Inner Sphere to fight in the coming battles. The JàrnFòlk might have turned their back on the Inner Sphere, but they would not be left out of the Ragnarok. These volunteers would imbed themselves within the FRR, their distant cousins, and earn for all JàrnFòlk a place in Valhalla.

These chosen called themselves the Isengrim, the "Iron-Fierce", and the Althing selected an Jarl from one of the minor families to lead them. The Isengrim traveled to the FRR where they petitioned that government to allow them to form a Regiment. The FRR, seeing an opportunity to extend their sphere of influence to their cousins in the JarnFolk Cluster, agreed to the Isengrim's petition and secured for them a handful of very old, barely functional 2nd Line BattleMechs.

Posted Image

The Isengrim is a FRR loyalist Unit. We are RP friendly however we are currently only accepting applicants who have significant pilot skill.

Play Times:

The Isengrim has a North American Time-Zone with a focus on evening play (around 9-10 CST) and Oceanic Time-Zone.

Competitive:

The Isengrim is a competitive unit and is only looking for players who are willing to tryhard. All recruits need to be okay with and capable of fulfilling the following requirements:

1. Have or are willing to immediately get Teamspeak.

2. Want to be part of a competitive team and environment

3. Are willing to follow Drop Commander directions as they apply to Mech Build and in-Game orders.

If that is you then please apply.

About me:
My name is MechTheDane, I have also been known as Spear Dane on XBL. I previously ran the (probably only) FRR based unit on Mech Assault 2 known as the Tyr Regiment. My team was very active in the competitive league scene on MA2. I few people still recognize me from those days. I also have been active in leading various gaming clans on SC:BW, Chrome Hounds, and Armored Core V. I always try to balance skill with attitude.

Spoiler

If you're interested joining feel free to reply here or send me a PM.

Thanks.

Edited by Mech The Dane, 07 July 2017 - 11:05 AM.

#2 WiredSolaris

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationNew Oslo

Posted 20 September 2013 - 04:38 PM

View PostMech The Dane, on 19 September 2013 - 06:44 PM, said:

Posted Image

Axe-age, sword-age - sundered are shields

Wind-age, wolf-age, ere the world crumbles;
Will the spear of no man spare the other.
The Isengrim

Posted Image

The distant JàrnFòlk of the Deep Periphery have little interest in the comings and goings of the Inner Sphere. The various succession wars have churned for centuries beyond the borders of these hardy explorers and traders. Yet a new menace lurks outside the rim of the Known Universe. Unlike the dim and ignorant denizens of the Inner Sphere the JàrnFòlk recognize the threat that builds just beyond the Veil of the Protector.

A great Althing was called upon the cold windswept world of Hofn. Where the gathered Great Families and their lesser allies voted upon a course of action. Numerous seers warned that this was more than an invasion that this was the ill-begotten Ragnarok at last.

The Althing determined that a group of volunteers would be sent to the Inner Sphere to fight in the coming battles. The JàrnFòlk might have turned their back on the Inner Sphere, but they would not be left out of the Ragnarok. These volunteers would imbed themselves within the FRR, their distant cousins, and earn for all JàrnFòlk a place in Valhalla.

These chosen called themselves the Isengrim, the "Iron-Fierce", and the Althing selected an Jarl from one of the minor families to lead them. The Isengrim traveled to the FRR where they petitioned that government to allow them to form a Regiment. The FRR, seeing an opportunity to extend their sphere of influence to their cousins in the JarnFolk Cluster, agreed to the Isengrim's petition and secured for them a handful of very old, barely functional 2nd Line BattleMechs.

Posted Image

The Isengrim is a FRR allied Merc Unit. We are RP friendly and will accept applicants based on attitude rather than pilot skill. While we will train and we will strive to be the best unit out there, our first priority is creating a positive environment of like-minded individuals.

Play Times:

Because of my work schedule I generally play in the evenings to very late at night. What this means is that our core group also plays at those times. However as we've grown we now have people who are playing online at almost all times of the day. We use the program raidcall for comms.

Competitive:
I currently do not have any plans for us to play in any of the player-run leagues. I am more focused on preparing and participating in CW. This of course is subject to change.

About me:
My name is MechTheDane, I have also been known as Spear Dane on XBL. I previously ran the (probably only) FRR based unit on Mech Assault 2 known as the Tyr Regiment. My team was very active in the competitive league scene on MA2. I few people still recognize me from those days. I also have been active in leading various gaming clans on SC:BW, Chrome Hounds, and Armored Core V. I always try to balance skill with attitude.

Spoiler

If you're interested joining feel free to reply here or send me a PM.
I suppose we have plenty of time before CW launches (PGI's stated date + 2-6 months of delays + other excuses = CW Launch in 2032) but the sooner we get organized the better.

Thanks.

Count me in man for the Isengrim. WiredSolaris on MWO, please send me anin game invite. I am also the Admin for the FB FRR page that you posted this recruiting notice on. Thanks for the post.

#3 Jarl Dane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:00 PM

Awesome WiredSolaris. I've sent you a friend invite in-game, and told a few my men to do the same.
Hope to see you soon!

#4 Lord Reaver

Rookie

• The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 12:21 PM

I just joined up the day before yesterday and I've had a great time so far (thanks again for the invite!).

I can definitely back up what Mech The Dane said about building a positive environment; the members I played with were very patient and supportive with my microphone setup problems and catastrophic internet connection, and well-coordinated lancemates when I finally got the bugs sorted out.

#5 JeffGoldblum

• PipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 48 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:09 AM

Pretty laid back and fun environment to kill giant stompy robots.

#6 Jarl Dane

• Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 01:47 PM

Thanks Jeff and Lord-Reaver!
Glad to have you guys.

#7 GreyMage

Rookie

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 7 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:39 AM

GreyMage of the Isengrim Dirty Dogs here. The Isengrim are looking for hard-chargers and heart-breakers. As a new Rasalhague force from the Periphery Jarnfolk, the Isengrim is a laid back environment, fit for novice and ace alike. We enjoy sharing our experience as much as we enjoy strapping on tons of armor and mayhem. We are currently building an in-group knowledge base to which we all contribute. Isengrim members can be found online pretty much 24/7, with 12-man scrimmages at least once-a-week.

This is a great chance to get in at the beginning of a new MWO company which is growing quickly.

Edited by GreyMage, 25 September 2013 - 06:44 AM.

#8 The Pooch

Rookie

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:05 PM

Hey, I'm The Pooch and I am the Lance Commander of The Isengrim Dirty Dogs. The Isengrim is a really cool, up and coming group of people who love having fun shooting giant robots! There is usually always someone on our chat channel ready to play, and we also have regular practices where we focus on teamwork and tactics. So, if you wanna have some fun, see the galaxy, and kick a little Butt, sign up with the Isengrim today!!!

Edited by The Pooch, 25 September 2013 - 08:07 PM.

#9 Jarl Dane

• Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 05:53 AM

Thanks Pooch =)

#10 Jarl Dane

• Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:52 PM

Still recruiting.

#11 Flying Judgement

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 475 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:33 PM

ill be back and active in 2 week time keep some mechs for me too

#12 Vulix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts
  • LocationSouthwest USA

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:42 AM

My corp had a chance to run some joint-practice exercises with Isengrim today, and they were a lot of fun and success! Looking forward to working with you guys in the future! You can't go wrong by checking out this group folks

#13 Jarl Dane

• Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 04:32 AM

Thanks Vulix! My guys had a blast playing with yours too!

#14 Lysander Voidrunner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 505 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:12 AM

Ah, a unit I can respect. Respectful gents with a penchant for a straight up fight. No tricks, no smoke and no mirrors. A bunch of good guys playing a game to have fun.

#15 SpookyMulder0

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:04 PM

I am interested in joining up! I run a JR7-D (s)

#16 Jarl Dane

• Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:30 PM

View PostSpookyMulder0, on 04 October 2013 - 11:04 PM, said:

I am interested in joining up! I run a JR7-D (s)

Hey that'd be awesome. We'd love to have you.
I've sent you a friend request on MWO, and I'll have a few of my guys do the same.
See ya on field of valor!

#17 Jarl Dane

• Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:35 AM

We're still recruiting.

#18 Perihelion Jack

• PipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • 60 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:23 AM

The Isengrim is a fast growing, entertaining group to play with. We are currently recruiting players of all skill levels looking for an open, inclusive team experience. We are loosely structured band of Space Vikings, but we have at least a few players to team up with around the clock. Drink mead, kill mechs, have fun!

#19 Davoke

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 618 posts
  • LocationFending off an entire RCT of Cappellans with a lance of Atlai

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:08 PM

I'll weigh in for a fellow Periphery merc unit and say they're a solid bunch to play with and have a good attitude about the game. O7 from the 1st Alphard!

#20 Jarl Dane

• Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:42 AM

Periphery's the place to be!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users