#1 Lex Peregrine

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 206 posts
  • LocationPoznan, Sarna March, FC

Posted 20 September 2013 - 03:33 AM

Be able to choose a Hardcore mode when droping: Stock Battlemechs

Simple, if a player has a totally customized mech, when launching in that Hardcore mode the server automatically reverts the player's mech to the original stock variant, keeping just the cosmetic changes and added modules possibly.

After the game finishes the player still has his customized mech, no changes necessary by the player to use this mode.

I played both MPBT Solaris and 3025 and those games allowed no customization, and boy they were still fun! Not as many balance issues, and each variant had its pros and cons.

At the very least it would be a fun option to explore ocasionaly, and I can see some leagues using this.

#2 Varth Shenon

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationLocation

Posted 20 September 2013 - 04:45 AM

I think stock doesn't mean hardcore.
But sorry I prefer newbie server (Which is need lobby).

#3 Lex Peregrine

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 206 posts
  • LocationPoznan, Sarna March, FC

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:32 AM

Hardcore battletech, I think it does!

Lobbies are different subject.

#4 Hythos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • LocationLOS ANGELES, er, I mean Dustball

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:32 AM

Having a salvage system with equipment and chance at chassis-salvage would be an excellent 'mode' (separate 'Mech-stable and inventory from the existing). Allowing players to choose from either the current 4 "rentals" or perhaps a full list of all C-bill only 'Mechs with a restriction on frequency determined by "repair time". Players use rentals until they choose to use their owned 'Mechs, which they can customize.

Win or lose, players still gain rewards as normal.

Lose, they lose their owned-'Mech, else the rental has an amount of down-time based on the repairs necessary (or, perhaps just a fixed duration of 15/30/60 minutes).

This would amount to a risk-vs-reward mechanism in a real HardCore mode that doesn't outright punish players 'cause they can run stock Rentals, but allow for a more riskier form of gameplay while being a bit more rewarding.

The downside here is with QQ's er, I mean queues - as I could see many players would opt in to this form of game-play, further dividing the available players for regular/casual-mode drops.

The up-side: IF players don't want to risk losing their 'Mechs or wanted to scrim in friendly player-run tournaments, they can still use the Casual Mode (as we currently have).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users