Lower Gause Cooldown Or Increase It's Range

4 replies to this topic

#1 MadCat02

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 668 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:55 AM

Lets look at what people use at long range

2 ER PPC - 20 damage at 810 meters . No stupid charge, no fire window and heat is manageble

My stalker has 2ER PPC, 2 LARGE and 2 Medium lasers with like 20 heatsinks . Heat is very friendly and you have decent brawlign potential .

3 AC5 - 15 damage every 1.5 seconds at 600-620 meters .

3X AC5 have 300%-400% more dps over gause rifle . Usually supported by a few medium lasers .

2 ER LASERS - with good aim you can do 18 damage on 2-3 mech parts at low tonnag and heat.

One of my favorite builds is 2 ER + 3 LR lasers . At 450-675 you have a very overpowered dps .

Gaues rifle - 15 damage every 5 seconds . 1.25 window and 18 tons for a single weapon .

The only mech i find that can still use gause is RS atlas . For any heavy mech its a waste of tonnag .

The way i see it Gause simple lucks DPS

1) Lower cooldown by 1 seconds so its even with PPC and AC20 .

2) Increase range to 810 meters so it actually does 15 damage for your effort and risk of not firing .

3) Rename it Goose rifle

Edited by MadCat02, 20 September 2013 - 10:06 AM.

#2 ArmageddonKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 710 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:02 AM

I agree with the overall point of the OP but i wil point out that the Gauss has a 4.75 ROF. 4 second CD + 0.75 second charge.

Ofc in practice chances are that on average after making sure u charge for the full 0.75 seconds that ur actually fireing at 5 second intervals so yea 5 seconds ..but be sure to use actual 'perfect' numbers otherwise people will use it in arguments agaisnt u :)

I have stated in other threads that i have absolutly no problem with the gauss havign a charge time, its a bit silly imo, if any weapon should have acharge time its energy weapons ..but ok fine Gauss with charge it is, what i dont like is the fact PGI doesnt seem to have taken into accoutn that an added charge time effectivly increase CD time and thus lower ROF and DPS.

I also think that guass shoudl have much longer range, the description and its use in Bt lore is as a extreme range low ROF ballistic weapon. it needs longer range. So like the OP, ether reduce the CD by 1 second to compensate for the charge time and/or increase range (and not just by a small amount)

Edited by ArmageddonKnight, 20 September 2013 - 10:03 AM.

#3 MadCat02

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 668 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:12 AM

View PostArmageddonKnight, on 20 September 2013 - 10:02 AM, said:

I agree with the overall point of the OP but i wil point out that the Gauss has a 4.75 ROF. 4 second CD + 0.75 second charge.

Ofc in practice chances are that on average after making sure u charge for the full 0.75 seconds that ur actually fireing at 5 second intervals so yea 5 seconds ..but be sure to use actual 'perfect' numbers otherwise people will use it in arguments agaisnt u :)

I have stated in other threads that i have absolutly no problem with the gauss havign a charge time, its a bit silly imo, if any weapon should have acharge time its energy weapons ..but ok fine Gauss with charge it is, what i dont like is the fact PGI doesnt seem to have taken into accoutn that an added charge time effectivly increase CD time and thus lower ROF and DPS.

I also think that guass shoudl have much longer range, the description and its use in Bt lore is as a extreme range low ROF ballistic weapon. it needs longer range. So like the OP, ether reduce the CD by 1 second to compensate for the charge time and/or increase range (and not just by a small amount)

Thats exactly how i came up with 5 seconds XD

4+0.75+0.25 thinking time . What really sucks is that most fo the time 1.25 window is too short to charge from the cover and still aim at CT.

Edited by MadCat02, 20 September 2013 - 10:13 AM.

#4 TexAce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 September 2013 - 02:20 PM

agreeing with everything said.

Using the 3xAC5 +2ML combo myself with great effect.

Definitely need to reduce the CD time for the gauss, I just cant figure out why they didn't think about that at all...
and expand the window to fire it to about 3 seconds or 4.

Edited by TexAss, 20 September 2013 - 02:20 PM.

#5 Christof Romulus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 898 posts
  • LocationAS7-D(F), GRF-1N(P)

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:12 PM

View PostMadCat02, on 20 September 2013 - 09:55 AM, said:

Lets look at what people use at long range

2 ER PPC - 20 damage at 810 meters . No stupid charge, no fire window and heat is manageble

I stopped reading right there.

Obvious troll is obvious.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users