Is The Atd Form Of Communication Vital For The Dialog Between Dev And Community?

1 reply to this topic

Poll: Is the ATD form of communication is still vital for the dialog of Dev and community? (3 member(s) have cast votes)

vital for communication

1. Yes (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. No (3 votes [100.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

3. Abstain (0 votes [0.00%])

Remove it

1. Yes (3 votes [100.00%] - View)

2. No (0 votes [0.00%])

Replace it

1. Yes (3 votes [100.00%] - View)

2. No (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:01 AM

After reading through the last AtD as well as the AtDs before - i start to wonder if the format is only a reminder of old pre Beta Times?

I can understand the behaviour of both sides a little bit:
Spoiler

With the update of the CoC PGI anounced that the informations they want to offer in the future will be reduced... with that in mind - i have to ask myself... why is there still a ATD?

The community makes attemps to ask the same things in dozen of different ways to get some new informations.
But there is plenty of time to forumlate a adequate answer that will answer the question without releasing new informations.

With that in mind - is the AtD still necessary? Is there any sense in keeping a "tradition" alive although the enviroment has changed?

Wouldn't be another format be more sufficent?
If so - what kind of format should that be?

- PLEASE READ:
I ask nicely to be kind of each other.
I look forward not to see any kind of insulting - neighter PGI nor other members of the community...
But if you think you need strong words or swearing to underline your point of view - please remember that there is a nice REPORT button next to the LIKE button :)

Edited by Karl Streiger, 24 September 2013 - 02:37 AM.

#2 MustrumRidcully

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,644 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:55 AM

Given the current quality of replies, there is really not much information we gain from the Ask the Devs.

Maybe it would suffice to have that monthly and add another, bi-weekly or weekly format where the devs tell us about something they feel they can share with us.

But maybe it all falls flat because there is either nothing to report or no one that has time to report something.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users