#1 Ingga Raokai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 239 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:08 AM

Weapon group with 5 and 6.

Before starting to explain, bear with me as my explanation is not as academic or as easy to understand because Engrish is not my main, I just thought of sharing it might be useful.

This group setup is mainly to let you have flexibility in firing the weapons without actually switch them from chain or group, we still have the option to switch them though, just a matter of preference. This mainly revolves around weapons mounted arms (left and right will be different group) and torsos (again, left right ct in their own group). To begin, we will use about 4 up to 5 groups of weapons (may be even all 6 of them).

Group 5 and 6.

Usually pilots will assign the left and right mouse button to the group 1 and 2. In here we will assign them to group 5 and 6 for left mouse and right respectively as in left arm and right. Why? The purpose is to let you have a freedom to assign group 1-3 (or 1-4 if 4 is not too far) for something else, which will be explained after this.

Example1: An Atlas pilot assign left and right arm with 5 and 6 can fire them separately to have a better heat management (in case of “heat level, critical”) or fire them at the same time for more damage. Also in the case of half body is covered, let’s say left body is covered, then the pilot will not have to waste fire on the left arm (wasting cooldown and saving heat).

Example2: A Dragon Fang pilot (or anything that have different hardpoint on left and right arm), in this case left arm is energy and right is ballistic. Peek a boo, fire only the ballistic or the laser.

Group 1, 2, and 3.

Now after the left and right button assignment moved to the 5 and 6, we have at least 3 group to be assigned for free. We can use these groups for torsos. Group 1 for left torso, 2 for ct, and 3 for right. Sometimes i used 4 as well but we will get to that later.

Example1: Back to the Atlas, group 1 for the missiles, 2 for the ct laser (or i leave it empty when i’m in D-DC), 3 for the ballistic. Covered half again, combine the fire from the previous example, fire the right arm laser + the right torso ballistic.

Example2: Again back to the Dragon Fang, let’s say the loadout will be SRM and MPLas for the fang, we can group them in group 2, personally I would group the MPLas in group 1 and the SRM in group 2 in case friendly is right in front of my nose, don’t have to worry accidentally firing my SRM, I can just hit group 1 which will fire the laser as it is mounted higher than the missile.

Group 1, 2, 3, and 4.

When you have 2 weapon type loaded in the same place just like the Ilya with its ballistic and laser in the right torso. I don’t want to fire the at the same time since the ballistic placement on the right torso is lower than the laser, therefore what I did was assign the group 2 as the left and right torso laser, then the group 3 as the right ballistic. In case of friendly block me (again), i can fire the laser which loaded higher, and don’t have to worry dealing 10 damage to my friendly’s back.

Following my Ilya weapon group, as the Phract’s hardpoints are asymmetrical, I used the group 1 as my left arm, group 4 as my right arm (ballistic and laser as they loaded closely), while my group 5 is for the lasers and group 6 is for the ballistics (as in 3 of the ballistic grouped together).

I hope this useful and bring a new weapon group setup. Comments are welcome...

#2 Modo44

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:57 AM

My 6 weapon groups with keys:
1 - left arm
2 - right arm
3 - special (e.g. chain fire on main weapon group)/missile
8 - middle click (tertiary weapon group)
9 - left click (main weapon group)
0 - right click (secondary weapon group)

The remaining numbers:
4 - alphastrike
5 - UAV
6 - artillery strike
7 - airstrike

The default 4-6 group keys are too hard to reach to consistently use them for weapons, so I moved the bindings, and treat them as mouse-exclusive, and use the numbers in between for other stuff. If the mech has natural left/right arm weapon groups, the 1 and 2 keys become main/secondary weapon group.

#3 -Muta-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 749 posts
  • Locationstill remains a mistery.

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:32 AM

hmmm never thought about putting the UAV and AS on numbers... I will do that as soon as I get home

#4 Chris2401

Rookie

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:20 PM

putting the mouse to groups 5/6 is actually a very awesome idea. 5/6 are hard to hit on the keyboard, so putting them on the mouse is genius!

#5 wickwire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts
  • LocationIgnoring The Meta Since 2012

Posted 09 November 2013 - 04:56 PM

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users