C-Bill Earnings

4 replies to this topic

#1 PenitentTangent

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:34 AM

Look, I know this has been brought up dozens of times.

But i'm getting very concerned with the devs have chosen to handle it. And by that, I mean not handle it at all.

I told myself that it's about time a bought a new mech. I haven't purchased one since late June and my enjoyment in the game is stagnating. I think I want an Orion. I start out today 700,000 C-bills.

I sat down and said, "I'm going to grind until I have 6 Million and I am not stopping for anything today."

so I just finished my third hour of gaming. I have played 15 games. Every single game but one, I was tanked by premades. This has never happened to me before. I think its just really bad luck to get this many premade games, so I'll let that slide.

But, after three hours of straight gaming, My total acumulative C-bills just passes 1.3 million. And I started with 700,000.

600,000 c-bills over the course of 15 games comes out to 40,000 C-bills per game. Yes, I did really bad in each game, but I can't earn any faster because there's so many premades.

To earn enough for my Orion at a rate of 45,000 C-bills per game, which is higher than what I am currently earning, I would have to play for over 30 hours.

from what i've been told, you should be able to grind enough money to get an Atlas in about 20 hours. This is not true under the circumstance I am in.

I really don't know what to do about this problem because It's kind of an accumulation of little issues and faults. Something does need to be done, though!

Pardon my engrish. It's not my native language.

Edited by PenitentTangent, 29 September 2013 - 11:38 AM.

#2 Glaive-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 951 posts
  • LocationIn a cave

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:43 AM

Which mechs are you dropping with?

#3 PenitentTangent

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:49 AM

View Postarmyunit, on 29 September 2013 - 11:43 AM, said:

Which mechs are you dropping with?

Catpult C1 brawler
Stalker 3f LRM boat
Jenner K Scout/brawler supporter
Spider-5k Harasser
Jagermech brawler

#4 DeRazer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 134 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:54 AM

I kind of know what you mean.

Don't know what is going on with the matchmaker but since launch things have just been terrible.

I've always PUGed, and routinely am in the top 3 of my team, but the battles recently have been so one-sided that for the first time in about a year - including ALL the other problems the game has had - I just don't want to play it.

I have plenty of mechs, so I think that maybe I just can't be bothered to grind on the same old maps, the same old game modes, with friendly players who stare at walls, fire LRMs point blank, only ever hit the enemy by chance, etc. and make any premade on the opposition look godlike in comparison.

New players are going to exhaust their Cadet bonus then leave in droves once they appreciate the effort required to upscale - wihtout realising that it is there inexperience which is part of the problem, and even if they do realise it being totally unable to correct it due to the way matchmaker works at the moment.

I'm really not a noob hater, but I can't help but think that by taking a break until Phoenix release it might mean that most of them who joined at launch will have given up by then leaving the better players. Sadly, to me bad PUGs are a lot more frustrating than premades.

Then again, there is that Atlas Hero coming....

#5 PenitentTangent

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:15 PM

Totally agree with you. The game has disappointed me very much in the last couple of days. It's not really the devs' fault. But I'm just not entertained. All I am is frustrated.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users