- - - - -

Lucky Charms Hero Mech..?

15 replies to this topic

#1 Daffy

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 March 2024 - 12:59 PM

So assuming I get enough loot boxes to grab a hero mech, given the new meta, which mechs would you guys suggest I consider..?

My preference atm is the kit fox with lazor spam, I'm getting a lot of 800+ dam games in that, while everytime I try mediums and upwards I kinda just tank more dam but do very little back...

No need to answer straight away, we've got another month to work out the new weapons and such, but I'm pretty damn new (still under 100 games I think) and have no idea if anything on the list should be considered just because it's rare or something Posted Image

#2 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,727 posts

Posted 21 March 2024 - 01:56 PM

View PostDaffy, on 21 March 2024 - 12:59 PM, said:

So assuming I get enough loot boxes to grab a hero mech, given the new meta, which mechs would you guys suggest I consider..?

My preference atm is the kit fox with lazor spam, I'm getting a lot of 800+ dam games in that, while everytime I try mediums and upwards I kinda just tank more dam but do very little back...

No need to answer straight away, we've got another month to work out the new weapons and such, but I'm pretty damn new (still under 100 games I think) and have no idea if anything on the list should be considered just because it's rare or something Posted Image

There are two basic approaches:

1. Pick the most expensive 'Mech that would cost you a lot of the real cash.

2. Pick a Hero 'Mech that you like (or would like to play and play often).

Your choice. Posted Image

And by the way, what 'Mechs do you prefer? Inner Sphere or Clan? What weight class: Light, Medium, Heavy or Assault? What combat role do you play? Fast flanker or massive fire support 'Mech? Or something in between? Posted Image

#3 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,408 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 22 March 2024 - 05:16 AM

Edit: I myself would get either of these:
a) Dire Wolf UV Hero, for its unique ballistic arms, or
b ) Hero version of the Legendary Mechs (Moonwalker, Juggernaut, etc.) ;)

- - - - - - - - - - -
"Best" Hero mech? Hero or Legend>>Hero mech? Posted Image

There are lots of videos on this topic; basically you need to decide for yourself whether you like a Light/Heavy/Assault/Medium mech first!

Top Hero Mechs Guide--Forum posting:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=25FyrUt7qxg
http://mwomercs.com/...-ones-to-choose

Without further ado:

Assault Hero mechs

Heavy Hero mechs

Medium/Light Hero mechs

Best Hero Mechs Guide

- - - - - - - - -
Legendary Hero Guide (preliminary)

Edited by w0qj, 22 March 2024 - 06:35 AM.

#4 Daffy

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 March 2024 - 06:59 AM

Cheers guys - I know there are load sof videos on the subject, I've been through hours and hours of them, unfortunatly the amount of factors to figure out still confuse me and most of the videos are no longer really valid, as the game has changed...

However - I used to be failry good at World of Tanks (top 5-10% in Europe) and combining that with what I know of MWO so far, I've learned that fast moving lights which can flank or backstab and then relocate to the opposite side, seem to be my forcé...They certainly make me feel that I can help sway the battle..When I try to play heavy or assaults I often end up on the wrong flank thinking 'oh well, maybe next game then...' as I become red teams favorite damage farm (yeah I'm not good at tanking yet, I don't spread the damage around enough)...

TLDR: I prefer light mechs for their speed and ability to relocate and backstab/flank

#5 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,408 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 22 March 2024 - 07:35 AM

[Update: As per below players' better advice: get a free Assault/Heavy Hero mech!]

You might like the Pirate's Bane hero mech then!
Just yesterday, we were down 9-11 and about to lose our QP game, just our side's Pirate's Bane was left (4x medium laser, Stealth armor)... it took him 5+ minutes, but turned the game around with a WIN !! Posted Image
(No, that was not me)

And there are a lot of Light mechs that you may like!
Kit Fox hero mech? The only way to access a +30% CBills bonus boosted Kit Fox without paying real world cash for it!
Lots of Kit Fox builds that are lethal!

View PostDaffy, on 22 March 2024 - 06:59 AM, said:

Cheers guys - I know there are load sof videos on the subject, I've been through hours and hours of them, unfortunatly the amount of factors to figure out still confuse me and most of the videos are no longer really valid, as the game has changed...

However - I used to be failry good at World of Tanks (top 5-10% in Europe) and combining that with what I know of MWO so far, I've learned that fast moving lights which can flank or backstab and then relocate to the opposite side, seem to be my forcé...They certainly make me feel that I can help sway the battle..When I try to play heavy or assaults I often end up on the wrong flank thinking 'oh well, maybe next game then...' as I become red teams favorite damage farm (yeah I'm not good at tanking yet, I don't spread the damage around enough)...

TLDR: I prefer light mechs for their speed and ability to relocate and backstab/flank

Edited by w0qj, 24 March 2024 - 07:37 PM.

#6 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,699 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 22 March 2024 - 12:42 PM

Honestly, if you prefer light or medium mechs it's better to get those for MC. MC prices are relative to the mech's tonnage, so if you used your event reward on something small like a Locust you'd gain far less value than if you spent it on something bigger. If you want something fast, how about the Linebacker Redline? It goes 97

Edited by Horseman, 22 March 2024 - 12:43 PM.

#7 Superheterodyne

Rookie

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 March 2024 - 12:49 PM

Something to consider: The Howl. It's a Heavy, but with a 400 engine, masc and JJs, it actually moves faster than your Kit Fox, while packing a *lot* more punch (118 kph I think?).

I've been out of WoT for a while now, but your flank-and-relocate style from light tanks (and the more glass-cannon mediums) is probably better suited to medium mechs (and slow lights like the KFX, and the very fastest of heavies). While stuff like the Locust Pirate's Bane is indeed good, and fun, it's more of a never-stop-moving harasser than a flank-shoot-relocate, and if they have a parallel in WoT, it's probably the light wheeled vehicles.

#8 CFC Conky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,760 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 22 March 2024 - 05:59 PM

View PostHorseman, on 22 March 2024 - 12:42 PM, said:

Honestly, if you prefer light or medium mechs it's better to get those for MC. MC prices are relative to the mech's tonnage, so if you used your event reward on something small like a Locust you'd gain far less value than if you spent it on something bigger. If you want something fast, how about the Linebacker Redline? It goes 97

I agree.

Daffy, you will earn more than enough MC from the event to purchase a Hero light mech for MC, perhaps even one of the fast mediums. Given a choice, I will usually choose an expensive mech for my free ride and for this event I chose a Dreadnought.

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

#9 Daffy

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 March 2024 - 03:46 AM

Aight thanks guys, you make some really good points, especially the part about getting the heavier mechs as freebies since they cost nearly double the MC to buy as some lights...

Currently I have 6 hero mechs that I bought for MC during the last sale (I had 20k MC since I bought the founders package back in 2012, but I felt the gameplay was way too different from what I expected [which was MW4 gameplay] so I just stopped playing after a week or so and didn't start till my brother-in-law got me back in december '23)...Kitfox and Urbanmech - Blackjack and Kintaro - Fafnir and Mad Cat MKII...I might give the Howl a shot, any heavy that can go 100+ sounds fun tbh, just needs an ecm now :D

#10 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,655 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 23 March 2024 - 06:54 AM

And while Mechbays are sale for 150 MC get several of them for future mech purchases that are on sale but do not come with mechbays.

#11 CFC Conky

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 24 March 2024 - 01:56 PM

Hey Daffy,

I don’t know if you’ve chosen a hero mech yet but I’ve been having fun with the Hellfire Void. Armed with 2xHLL, 3xERML, XL350, MASC and a lot of heat sinks, it goes 98.8 with speed tweak and 121.5 with MASC.

Not the biggest alpha but it is mobile and while the hitboxes aren’t the greatest, the speed and mobility will help protect you.

There are better mechs out there with a bigger punch but if you like to flank/backstab, it is a fun ride for a heavy.

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

Edit: Now before anyone says this is a terrible build, I know it. You can get the same firepower on a mech half the weight, it's just fun to run around in a heavy mech at 121.5.

I've adjusted the build with a third HLL and one or two ERML, same speed but more heat.

Edited by CFC Conky, 24 March 2024 - 04:10 PM.

#12 Daffy

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 March 2024 - 04:06 AM

Cheers Conky, no I Haven't picked one out yet (still only at 155 loot bags)...

What about something like the Black Lanner..? Seems to pack a decent speed, it can fit ECM and with the omni pods i t can go lots of different configs..? Oh and I should add, it costs over 5k mc, so it's not on the cheap end either...

Edited by Daffy, 25 March 2024 - 04:07 AM.

#13 CFC Conky

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 25 March 2024 - 12:37 PM

View PostDaffy, on 25 March 2024 - 04:06 AM, said:

Cheers Conky, no I Haven't picked one out yet (still only at 155 loot bags)...

What about something like the Black Lanner..? Seems to pack a decent speed, it can fit ECM and with the omni pods i t can go lots of different configs..? Oh and I should add, it costs over 5k mc, so it's not on the cheap end either...

Hey Daffy,

I haven't had too much luck in the Black Lanner but the mobility isn't bad, and you might have fun with it.

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

#14 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,699 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 26 March 2024 - 04:43 AM

View PostDaffy, on 25 March 2024 - 04:06 AM, said:

Honestly it's a bit undergunned. Was decent in Solaris medium mech event a while back tho.

#15 Daffy

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 March 2024 - 09:16 AM

I went with the Howl - Can't wait to try it out now :)

#16 CFC Conky

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 30 March 2024 - 09:31 AM

View PostDaffy, on 30 March 2024 - 09:16 AM, said:

I went with the Howl - Can't wait to try it out now Posted Image

I'm glad you didn't get the Void. As a non-T1 player I've been told in no uncertain terms that I haven't the right to give any advice about MWO.

Have fun! Posted Image

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

Edited by CFC Conky, 30 March 2024 - 09:33 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users