Does Anyone Do The Role Play Aspect Of The Battletech Universe?

6 replies to this topic

#1 Kyle Wright

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 663 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:52 PM

Hello Mechwarriors,

My Name is Kyle Wright, I am currently the 5th Battalion 3rd Company Commander for Head Hunters of Davion (HHoD). I was just curious to see if anyone does any sort of role playing between the houses. I had just watched a trailer for EVE and noted one crucial thing we are missing and that is any sort of Role Playing or Story to go a long with this game. I understand CW will give some aspect of this, But I think it would be cool if US as the MWO community actually discussed what is going on in respective houses or merc units.

Ideas:
-spreading false intel about certain factions.
- forming secret alliances
- units that are currently feuding with each other
- latest equipment or developments from some of your homeworlds.
- Maybe the Clanners can start spreading some fear even though they have not gotten their toys yet. Such things like Clan blah blah is planning on raiding this faction on opening day of CW. That may drive that faction in practicing more and getting better

let me hear some of your guys ideas. Ill even start.

HHoD currently is running 9 BTL's of pilots with new recruits every day. Lately several attempts at sabotage have been encountered and dealt with with extreme prejudice. Speculation to whom might be involved is still vast, but I have my own ideas. Part of me thinks it those goons in Liao, or perhaps those Templars though chivalry might rule them out, yet I suspect its those damn Freeworlds leaguers with their fancy pink bird emblem that just scream look at me " Im a chickenhawk that shops at Old Navy. We shall see...

#2 Tank

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationSelling baguettes in K-Town

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:24 PM

I wish to see more of RP in this game as munch as possible. ;)

Rumors say, that veteran pilots from Periphery may soon enter IS, who they are, and what they are planing to do in IS is unknown. Acquired data from ComStar Explorer Corps suggest, that we are talking about well established "MercCorp" from somewhere beyond Lyran Commonwealth's border. Stay tuned for more news... ComStar News.

#3 Kyle Wright

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 663 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:43 PM

Tank,
Coming from a merc that I am not familiar with, how do I know what you say is true. Could be another Liao or Drac spy for all I know.

#4 FearTheAmish

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:53 PM

I heard Liao stole the cookies from the cookie jar

#5 Thom Frankfurt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSearounders Tavern, Port St. Williams, Coventry

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:01 PM

View PostFearTheAmish, on 23 October 2013 - 04:53 PM, said:

I heard Liao stole the cookies from the cookie jar

It's true, we did. Also I would check your boots before putting them on.

#6 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:25 AM

I absolutely do. I got to love this 30-years-old universe and i feel part of the small minority who still thinks this is a MechWarrior game and not WoT with stompy robots. This is why i joined a lore based unit and i am not interested in "star killerz bla bla bla" competitive units, though they may be the best among the merc corps.

We catch the true meaning of this game. Too bad most people don't. :)

#7 SmithMPBT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 793 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:14 AM

In-game character and unit profiles would go a long way to helping this. A PGI employee posting about battles and planetary control/production changes would be great too. Guess we need to wait for CW to implement any of this but here's hoping.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users