5 replies to this topic

#1 Reconius

• PipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 50 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:20 PM

So, I recently got a Victor, not disappointing
Here's a Support build, As the Victor Never was really a brawler in my eyes. Stay in a group (duh), and avoid being the main focus of fire. It can handle it fine for awhile, but after some sustained fire you better get cover. Also, attacking singular (damaged or not) mechs works fantastic, I've taken a couple Atlai with minor problems at worst. So, no more delay, here it is.
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...4487554284d04c9
Enjoy, and please respond with what you think!

Thanks,
Reconius

#2 KharnZor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,584 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:38 PM

3 ton of ammo isn't enough, you should have 4 or (preferably) 5 tons min. Drop out 2 jj's for moar ac20 ammo.

Edited by KharnZor, 04 October 2013 - 12:38 PM.

#3 N a p e s

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:52 PM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...ad4b68da5f82d81

Here's my favorite Victor build which is actually pretty close to what you were considering. It's also my best performing mech.

The LRM5 is fun to use just to support at long range and will let you get some assist points. These can be traded for an SRM4 if you prefer. The 350XL gives you some very decent mobility at 78 kph once you unlock speed tweak and I've never found an XL to be that big of a problem on the Victor because torso twisting works well with this chassis. If you put the 320 STD because you don't have the XL I understand that the grind for an engine can be daunting.

The combo of 2LLas and an AC20 is probably my favorite weapon combo in the game offering a lot of versatility and good punch.

#4 Biglead

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,102 posts
  • LocationManassas, Va

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:52 PM

Also place your heatsinks in your engine for protection. :D

#5 TexAce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:20 PM

VTR-9S

XL 350 + AC20 + JJs, is a must on a vic. Rest is debatable. I use MLs+SRMs+AMS
Remove AMS for more ammo if you like, but usually if you happen to live long enough to spend all of your ammo you already won the game anyway.

Edited by TexAss, 04 October 2013 - 01:22 PM.

#6 Felio

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:33 PM

I am new to the victor myself, and I've been rolling with an XL 360 I had lying around, an AC/20 with three tons of ammo, three SSRM2s with two tons of ammo and BAP, two Large lasers, AMS and a jump jet.

For me, the three tons of ammo is enough. I occasionally run out, that's true. But oftentimes I don't, and sometimes I don't even come close. I think that if you never run out of ammo, you have too much. Unless you have no energy weapons or very weak energy weaponry.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users