Disconnects, Crashes, And Not Getting Match Rewards

19 replies to this topic

#1 corallein

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 08:46 PM

I've had three straight games where I've dropped from the game, the first due to the game freezing, the second for no apparent reason (just got dropped back to the mech bay), and the third due to a network disconnect. In all cases, I've gained no c-bills or XP for the matches.

#2 JDOGG

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 11 posts
  • LocationIL

Posted 05 October 2013 - 08:56 PM

Same here. That's 2 in a row for me...thankfully this time I wasn't on premium time like the last time this happened.

Edited by JDOGG, 05 October 2013 - 08:57 PM.

#3 Biglead

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,102 posts
  • LocationManassas, Va

Posted 05 October 2013 - 08:57 PM

Yep, same here. Random "Session Lost" pop up every two or three matches.

#4 Mike McSullivan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 556 posts
  • LocationHannover, Germany

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:47 AM

hm, i have the same problem since today. Had absolutely no problems (besides rare 4fps bugs months ago) until now.
I click play, black loading screen, Session lost, passwordscreen. Mech is locked ingame. happened 2/5 games.

Another thing that i see regularly: people who are in the Startup list with ping 0->Disconnect. thats nearly in every game since the last patch or so...

Edited by Mike McSullivan, 09 October 2013 - 07:50 AM.

#5 merlin10108

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:30 AM

Been playing for 2 weeks now, I've had several discnonnects but I've managed to play a full game about 80% of the time I ready up. The last couple days I get disconnected every single game at the ready up screen. I get to the ready screen and right before the game starts it crashes/disconnects and I get sent back to the home menu about 10 times in a row now over the past couple days.

#6 Xtrekker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 865 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:43 AM

I've noticed some issues too, I think since the last couple of patches.

The main thing I'm experiencing is a freeze of all video, but audio is still working. To fix it, I have to Alt + Enter out of the game, then back in again. It's a problem when I'm walking behind a teammate or walking toward the edge of a fight, because by the time I get back I'm damaged or caused damage to a teammate, or I'm in a really bad position. This has been an issue in the past, but the last patch seems to cause it almost every game.

My stats:

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
System RAM: 32744 MB
CPU Name: Intel® Core™ i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz
CPU Speeds: 3601
Physical CPUs: 1
Virtual CPUs: 8
Video Card Description: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670
VRAM: 2047 MB
Primary Display Resolution: 1920x1080
Multi-Monitor Desktop Resolution: 5760x1080
Microphone: True
Language: English (United States)
Free Hard Drive Space: 78019 MB
Total Hard Drive Space: 228833 MB
Windows Experience Index Rating: 7.7

There's another video driver update I need to do, but in the past this has not resolved the problem either.

#7 Gray McDonnal

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3 posts
  • LocationVöls

Posted 22 October 2013 - 04:07 PM

I Keep getting those "Session Lost" every once in a while usually in every second or third Match or between them!

Has anyone seen any Reaction from the Devs lately ?

#8 Durant Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:16 PM

The only Session Lost errors that are the game's fault happen on Tuesdays and Fridays when they shut down the servers for patches and maintenance. The rest are the internet -- somewhere between the game servers and your location, there is a problem that causes a disconnection. It could be one of the internet companies servicing or updating their hardware, or a construction company decides to dig up the wrong place cutting some wires, or other random events. I've even seen an overheating cable modem creating disconnects.

#9 Maxxkarn

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 23 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:12 PM

5 times today had game shut down on me, as if I had logged out of the game but each time I was in the middle of a match. Also 3 times today had it happen on the ready screen. no errors just game shutdown and no exp or Cbills gained from games. I even reinstalled game, only to have it happen again in the middle of a match.

#10 Xtrekker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 865 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 25 October 2013 - 08:22 AM

View PostMaxxkarn, on 24 October 2013 - 11:12 PM, said:

5 times today had game shut down on me, as if I had logged out of the game but each time I was in the middle of a match. Also 3 times today had it happen on the ready screen. no errors just game shutdown and no exp or Cbills gained from games. I even reinstalled game, only to have it happen again in the middle of a match.

One of the support guys sent me over to http://patcher.mwome...ORepairTool.exe for an issue I was having with the launcher (something different, all banners disappeared after one patch) and it found a corrupted file and replaced it. Should give that a shot and see what happens.

#11 Nemesis Duck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:28 PM

I've been getting numerous disconnects lately. I had 3 yesterday, sometimes it's during a match but usually it happens before the match during launch. I feel bad for abandoning my team, sorry guys.

I have another error/bug where the '2X' experience tag isn't removed from my mechs after the first win, but I want to to reinstall windowz and MWO first before I declare this as an error.

Maybe these two issues are related...

I'll give the tool a shot, thanks Xtrekker!

Edited by Assmodeus, 25 October 2013 - 12:28 PM.

#12 Son of the Flood

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 397 posts
  • LocationTier 3 basement - searching for funyuns and mountain dew

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:08 PM

Just had two disconnects in a row on Crimson Strait. Both times session was lost and it closed the game. Not a great start to the weekend.....will try the repair kit and see if there's any improvement. Edit: Update to my last post.....I ran the repair tool, it made some fixes, and after that...many games last night with no disconnects! Faith in humanity restored! Thanks to Xtrekker for posting the repair link in this thread.

Edited by Son of the Flood, 26 October 2013 - 05:33 AM.

#13 Endurance2012

• Pip
  • Löjtnant II
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 01:44 PM

Leave the "disconnection" topic open ffs.

At almost every match someone disconnects.

My computer disconnected when the free space has run into the red.

Don't clog up your computer if you run mwo.

It requires more free space than stated.

#14 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 06 January 2019 - 07:53 AM

View Postcorallein, on 05 October 2013 - 08:46 PM, said:

I've had three straight games where I've dropped from the game, the first due to the game freezing, the second for no apparent reason (just got dropped back to the mech bay), and the third due to a network disconnect. In all cases, I've gained no c-bills or XP for the matches.

The reason you did not receive rewards for those matches could be about the leaving match early penalty. If you "left" a match early, and you've been gone from the match for 2 or more minutes before reconnecting to the match, then the system penalizes you in several ways.

The first way it penalizes a player for leaving a match is to deny them match earnings for the match. You will still earn what you did BEFORE you got disconnected, but anything gained after reconnecting after more than 2 minutes will be lost (as far as my last understanding). (FYI: This is if you left a match while still alive. If you have died, you can leave the match at any time and get full rewards.)

The second penalty is a waiting penalty for disconnecting from a match while still alive and not reconnecting within less than 2 minutes of disconnecting. This is similar to the same wait penalty you receive when you deal too much team damage or even kill an ally (even if accidental). You will have to sit out and wait a little longer before you can find your next match.

Sadly, sometimes these automated penalties affect innocent players who are experiencing connection issues or game crashes, rather than those players who intentionally are leaving matches while still alive. However, I can tell you these penalties are generated for good reason, as in this game's past we use to have people disconnect from matches to farther increase their match earnings per hour. We've had people leave maps in "protest" of a map design, removing an element their teammates needed to be able to win, placing more of the team into a lurch. We've had people leave matches early (way back in the way) to deny themselves a death on their K/D record, and to deny their opponent the rewards for a kill as well as prevent their opponent from getting the kill assigned to their K/D record (this has since been fixed). Etc.

I know it's a pain to be penalized for something that is, most likely, not your fault. The best I can say is try to find out why your game is crashing/disconnecting. Also realize, if it's a connection issue, it very likely is not PGI (not your) fault. There are hundreds if not thousands of miles/KM of internet cable between yourself and PGI's gaming servers (not to mention the other mid-servers and redirecting stations). If there is no problem on your end, and no problem on PGI's end, it is most likely your ISP (Internet Service Provider) who is having issue. (AKA: Anywhere else on the webbed network that may be having issues.)

Oh... I see someone has performed some thread Necromancy... Please. Try not to respond to threads where the last response was older than a year.... or 5ish years in this case...

Edited by Tesunie, 06 January 2019 - 07:55 AM.

#15 LowSubmarino

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 04:38 AM

View PostTesunie, on 06 January 2019 - 07:53 AM, said:

The reason you did not receive rewards for those matches could be about the leaving match early penalty. If you "left" a match early, and you've been gone from the match for 2 or more minutes before reconnecting to the match, then the system penalizes you in several ways.

The first way it penalizes a player for leaving a match is to deny them match earnings for the match. You will still earn what you did BEFORE you got disconnected, but anything gained after reconnecting after more than 2 minutes will be lost (as far as my last understanding). (FYI: This is if you left a match while still alive. If you have died, you can leave the match at any time and get full rewards.)

The second penalty is a waiting penalty for disconnecting from a match while still alive and not reconnecting within less than 2 minutes of disconnecting. This is similar to the same wait penalty you receive when you deal too much team damage or even kill an ally (even if accidental). You will have to sit out and wait a little longer before you can find your next match.

Sadly, sometimes these automated penalties affect innocent players who are experiencing connection issues or game crashes, rather than those players who intentionally are leaving matches while still alive. However, I can tell you these penalties are generated for good reason, as in this game's past we use to have people disconnect from matches to farther increase their match earnings per hour. We've had people leave maps in "protest" of a map design, removing an element their teammates needed to be able to win, placing more of the team into a lurch. We've had people leave matches early (way back in the way) to deny themselves a death on their K/D record, and to deny their opponent the rewards for a kill as well as prevent their opponent from getting the kill assigned to their K/D record (this has since been fixed). Etc.

I know it's a pain to be penalized for something that is, most likely, not your fault. The best I can say is try to find out why your game is crashing/disconnecting. Also realize, if it's a connection issue, it very likely is not PGI (not your) fault. There are hundreds if not thousands of miles/KM of internet cable between yourself and PGI's gaming servers (not to mention the other mid-servers and redirecting stations). If there is no problem on your end, and no problem on PGI's end, it is most likely your ISP (Internet Service Provider) who is having issue. (AKA: Anywhere else on the webbed network that may be having issues.)

Oh... I see someone has performed some thread Necromancy... Please. Try not to respond to threads where the last response was older than a year.... or 5ish years in this case...

Why not?

The topic is certainly still relevant since ppl crash in every or every other game.

If you dont believe me, join mwo qp matches, and youll see that ppl crash a lot, constantly giving one or the other team major advantages. Being down one big mech.

So, why exactly is it weird to point out that a problem has been existing ever since open beta and still is very much relevant to this day cause ppl still crashing all the time.

So, why exactly is it weird to point that out again?

That I dont understand.

mwo most unstable game in the history of unstable games, which is the sole reason why I would never buy mw5, not even if it only cost one cent.

Too unstable, and the ai in mw5 lookes......horrible. Thats an understaement. The ai I saw looked devastatingly horrible omg.

#16 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 25 January 2019 - 08:08 AM

View PostLowSubmarino, on 25 January 2019 - 04:38 AM, said:

Why not?

The topic is certainly still relevant since ppl crash in every or every other game.

If you dont believe me, join mwo qp matches, and youll see that ppl crash a lot, constantly giving one or the other team major advantages. Being down one big mech.

So, why exactly is it weird to point out that a problem has been existing ever since open beta and still is very much relevant to this day cause ppl still crashing all the time.

So, why exactly is it weird to point that out again?

The reason one should not post in a thread that hasn't seen activity in YEARS is that, often the subject was different and talking about different mechanics, bugs or problems that may no longer exist in the current game.

For example, this thread was created in Dec 2013. I believe at that time they had a problem with internet server hubs not populating the new patch information correctly, causing players to disconnect from matches and crashing the game as it couldn't establish which version it should be using.

OR, it could have been around the time an undersea cable got severed, disrupting services to specific MW:O servers for some locations.

Also, the original people who created and responded in this post may no longer be around anymore, or might just not bother with the forums any longer. Thus, it could be delaying assistance (from fellow players) by responding in threads that are so old. It also could be placing out of date information to the front of the forums, and as most people read the first few responses and not the entire thread, they could be seeing "fixes" that are no longer relevant or completely incorrect on the newer version.

Also, by responding to such old threads, you are going to increase the likelihood that people will "respond" to the first few posts, rather than the last few posts. So, someone who probably already has their answer (or no longer needs an answer for this specific problem) may be getting notified that their post was quoted... with irrelevant information.

I believe you may also be exaggerating the number of disconnects and crashes that happen "per game". I see it happen, but it's not nearly as common as "in every or every other game". Even if that was the case, you'd still be better off finding either a thread that is more recently created (for more recent and up to date responses and data) or be creating your own thread so you only get relevant information. (I can also say, the Short Question, Short Answer thread, which is literally pinned to the top of the New Player Help Forum, is a great place to ask for help.)

I've been playing this game since Dec 2012, and I can personally count the number of crashes or disconnects I've experienced personally on my hands still (no toes needed yet). If it's so unstable for you, consider looking into newer hardware (maybe the problem), updated drivers for what you have, and/or checking your connection stability. Remember, there are hundreds of thousands (I don't know the exacts) of cable your connection has to go through before getting to and from the MW:O hubs. A lot can go wrong, and a lot of it might not even be PGI's fault. (Also, direct connect vs wireless connect, insufficient RAM, Hard Drive, Graphics, Processor, etc. or "I don't like this map/game mode, so I'm gonna disconnect when I get it" people...)

It looks as though you've been around as long as I have... so I'm sure you remember how the game was like in 2012. Would you give game advise, information and "game fixes" from game play back then? No. You wouldn't. So commenting in a thread that is almost as old (2013) is going to be about as helpful to most people's causes as us providing repairs and game play advise from back then. Hence, don't perform the dark arts of thread necromancy... It's usually not very helpful.

#17 Galenthor Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 157 posts

Posted 22 July 2020 - 12:01 PM

after a 2 year break from the game due to health reasons, I come back; and low and behold, I find that the dc problem is still as rampant as ever... after all of this time, why has this not been fixed, pgi?

#18 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,658 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 22 July 2020 - 07:07 PM

View PostGalenthor Kerensky, on 22 July 2020 - 12:01 PM, said:

after a 2 year break from the game due to health reasons, I come back; and low and behold, I find that the dc problem is still as rampant as ever... after all of this time, why has this not been fixed, pgi?

If it was explicitly a server issue, it would be more rampant and there would be a massive amount of threads/posts all within a short period of time. Considering I am across the country from the NA servers, the only times I have DC is due to router/modem or my ISP and that has been few and far between. The only time it was the game servers/ISP, or immediately outside that domain then particularly everyone was affected.

Some of the troubleshooting is within your control. Anywhere between your ISP and the games ISP/servers are outside your control but potentially worked around by trying a VPN, altering the pathway your connection takes and bypassing any problematic router systems (think traffic jam/major wreck/etc).

View PostTarl Cabot, on 26 December 2019 - 07:49 AM, said:

Hai, and considering the OP drops anywhere between 2-300 games/month, it is likely a recent change from his end, anywhere from his ISP changing up its routing to problematic router systems showing up in his pathway.

OP, your client actually can have up to 2-3 different connections, the authentication server (constant connection in NA-Canada), regional game server (EU, OC or NA) + VOIP (afaik, PGI has not confirmed a separate server for the TS VOIP).

Turn off/reboot router and modem.
Flush/Reset DNS and restart computer

Navigate to the desktop. (From Home, tap or click the Desktop tile).

Right-click the Start button (the Windows logo in the lower-left).

Choose Command Prompt (Admin).

When asked whether to allow Command Prompt to make changes to your computer, select Yes.

Note: If you are asked for an administrative login, you will need to contact your system administrator.

Type "ipconfig /flushdns" and press Enter.

Type "ipconfig /registerdns" and press Enter.

Type "ipconfig /release" and press Enter.

Type "ipconfig /renew" and press Enter.

Type "netsh winsock reset" and press Enter.

Restart the computer.

Try one or two different VPN. If there is a problematic router system enroute to the PGI server(s), a VPN may help by rerouting your pathway from your ISP to the PGI servers. I have had a few players successfully utilize VPN, initially as a troubleshooting tool, to play complete games without DC 1-2x during a combat drop. Then occasionally attempt to log in normally days later to see if they run into any issues.

For many, VPN usually increases ping but it reduces jitter/packet loss. As for trying more than one VPN, your connection is rerouted to then from the VPN server, and if that pathway takes it through one of the problematic servers, it may not help. If the issue was directly on PGI end, there would be a ton of posts, people reaching out to PGI and the team on twitter (uggh), etc.

#19 chevy42083

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 114 posts

Posted 28 July 2020 - 08:08 AM

The only crashes I've had in YEARS are because of a failing modem and 'apparently' overclocking my PGU to much trying to make up for it being sub-par lol

#20 Ekson Valdez

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 03 August 2020 - 09:56 PM

Turn Undead!

Posted Image

If you are currently experiencing client crashes or disconnects, please discuss these in a new forum thread.

Thread closed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users