Lance Mates Targets

9 replies to this topic

Poll: Ability to Target (16 member(s) have cast votes)

Should MWO have an "Assist" Feature

1. Yes (15 votes [93.75%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 93.75%

2. No (1 votes [6.25%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.25%

Do you like the proposed option in Lance Window

1. Yes (15 votes [93.75%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 93.75%

2. No (1 votes [6.25%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.25%

3. Other (pls post) (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Should it be default for all (or add-on)

1. Default for all (5 votes [31.25%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 31.25%

2. Module (2 votes [12.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

3. C3 Computer (lance) (7 votes [43.75%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 43.75%

4. C3 Computer (at least one in drop) (2 votes [12.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Syrkres

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 488 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:42 AM

Proposal: Lance 'Mates' Target

Description: In the upper left hand corner we have the your current lance which currently shows your lance along with their Health/status, it would be nice if we could also add their current Call letter target, which is clickable and would then target it for you.

Often when calling targets its very hard to find the specific target that is being called, having to cycle through all the available targets is a waste of time. It would be nice to have some sort of "assist" feature. The best place for this would be in the lance mates "window".

Options:
  • Default for all
  • Make it a module
  • Part of the Targeting computer C3? or what ever, so one mech in the lance has to have that (or maybe one in the drop)

Having the above options would play more into Info-warfare.

Note: Almost every game has some sort of assist ability...

#2 Corvus Antaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:49 PM

c3 computer.

even with teamspeak saying "target alpha" and then FINDING alpha in a melee in example can be...a challenge.

using the c3 master/slave for this as 1 function would be a great way to make this module more useful and practical for the gameplay.

lance leader/c3 master targets a mech, lancemates get a secondary "orange" target highlighted for them regardless of what they are targetting.

#3 Syrkres

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 488 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:58 AM

Yeah the C3 computer seems the most logical approach, but wanted to present different options.

When you mention the lancemates get a secondary Target, who would you suggest that is implemented? Any thoughts?

The idea is to allow quick/easy access to a specific target the lance leader is on (or other lancemates).

Also what happens if you have multiple people with C3 Computers?

This is why I was thinking having the "additional/secondary" target being shown as part of the Lancemates profiles. That would allow easy selection. But this only shows up if you have a C3 Computer in lance (or drop). which then gives you access to this targeting computer/ability.

#4 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:10 AM

I agree this should be a function of C3, limited to lance (as well as everything else IMO based on lore). Having them clicky while in match won't work as your mouse is the aiming reticle. Maybe have them bound to F1-F4 instead....

#5 Syrkres

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 488 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:02 AM

Having them clicky while in match won't work as your mouse is the aiming reticle. Maybe have them bound to F1-F4 instead....

Ah good point,

So you could have the appear next to the Lance Mates name(in the window), and then have keystrokes (as suggested F1-F4) assigned to select target of Lancemate X.

Again this would only show(allow target) if a C3 Computer is in the lance.

I would think it would be not to hard to implement because they are already passing the information that a target is selected by another drop mate (with the triangles) so it's information that is being passed, the question is does it indicate who has it targeted, then they would just need to check if lance of current users have C3 and then show that information.

#6 Syrkres

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 488 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:05 PM

Was just thinking of something else too.

If we restrict this to Lance mates with a C3 Computer, a module could be added to add the ability for anyone in the Drop?

So If I have a C3 Slave unit in my mech, and no one in my lance has a C3 Master I would not receive the target info, but if I had a module, which allowed me to link outside my lance, to another lances C3 Master I could then get targets, but again this brings up the question of how do you show their targets?

Also what if both your lance has a C3Master and another unit has a C3 Master and I have a C3 Slave? Clearly I would link to my own lances C3 Master, but if I also had this "extend" module how would that work?

But from reading the C3 Master it looks like the "connect" module would have to be on the C3 Master mech. But a slight tweek wouldn't hurt.

Edited by Syrkres, 09 October 2013 - 12:07 PM.

#7 Syrkres

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 488 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 08:06 AM

No one is interested in Targeting Assists?

I'm just thinking how much this would help pugs let alone your more advance groups.

#8 General Taskeen

• 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:31 AM

A C3 Master also has an additional function btw, it acts exactly like TAG for "C3 Master" Mech with whatever target it is painting, which is an extra incentive to use it.

It should only be mountable though (requiring canon crits and tonnage space for the C3 Master computer and "slaves" in that network)

The way targeting and current radar works though, I think if this were added it should additional be the only equipment that allows you to see the target detail of the Mech when it is not in LOS. And simply change it so any Mech not in LOS you can not see its detail (as in variant type, weapons it carries, etc. - something like "Centurion ?"). Then provide the bonuses described for C3 Master/Slave along with additional features (sharing target detail when not in LOS).

#9 Cyberassassin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 103 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, Planet [Unknown]

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:21 AM

+1

Link to sarna
http://www.sarna.net...C3_Command_Unit

C3 slave and master just makes sense to implement soon. Lances will have to make decisions whether to carry or not. Any mech running this would have to be re-tweaked to accomodate tonnage and crits.

I personally like having many options that take a fair amount of consideration before bringing into battle. Really starts mixing up the cookie-cutter builds. Do I want extra info or quicker and higher quality assists from lance mates or not?

Edited by Cyberassassin, 18 October 2013 - 08:26 AM.

#10 Fire and Salt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 06 September 2014 - 06:01 AM

Anything lance based is a bad idea IMO.

Firstly, a 2 man group will often get split when entering the group queue, making them no-longer lancemates.

Secondly, the lances that are created at the beginning of the game are not always appropriate, and the team may operate as 3 groups of 4 that are actually different than the groups they were assigned to. Ex: the lights from different lances may team up.

Also, people will need to re-organize the team to get their c3 to work, so they will end up taking command just to carelessly swap players around to get their own c3 to work, and in the process will break the other players c3.

It is just a bad idea....

EDIT: How did i necro this? It was listed on the first page, and supposedly the last post was from today?

Edited by Fire and Salt, 06 September 2014 - 06:04 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users