No Sli/crossfire?

113 replies to this topic

#1 nexus1g

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationMilwaukie, OR

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:55 PM

I can't seem to get SLI to work with the game. When forcing AFR, I get capped at 29 FPS. Will SLI/Crossfire ever be supported?

#2 The Gunman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 220 posts
  • LocationLow Orbit

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:04 PM

The game doesn't officially support multi-GPU systems, yet.

Some people (including myself) have had success getting Crossfire working though. I havn't heard any success stories about SLI though.

#3 nexus1g

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationMilwaukie, OR

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:21 AM

How, exactly, are you getting Crossfire to work? It might give me some ideas.

#4 Hougham

• PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:27 AM

I just tried it with two old ATI HD 4870 cards and turning crossfire on made no difference. If there is a work around I would like to give it a try as well.

#5 METAL SEPARATOR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:46 AM

SLI works, but you have to disable some features. Check out the "guide" @GeForce.com: https://forums.gefor...ne-sli-profile/ Also, support my question to the devs about the official SLI support: http://mwomercs.com/...n/page__st__200 to find out more. lol

Edited by MWn00b, 24 October 2013 - 03:10 PM.

#6 nexus1g

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationMilwaukie, OR

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:49 AM

Thanks for the info MWn00b. :ph34r: I'll definitely show my support. It's getting on my nerves the number of games that are released without proper multi-GPU support.

#7 The Gunman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 220 posts
  • LocationLow Orbit

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:57 AM

View Postnexus1g, on 13 October 2013 - 06:21 AM, said:

How, exactly, are you getting Crossfire to work? It might give me some ideas.

View PostHougham, on 13 October 2013 - 10:27 AM, said:

I just tried it with two old ATI HD 4870 cards and turning crossfire on made no difference. If there is a work around I would like to give it a try as well.

1, In the latest version of Catalyst, force Crossfire in games that don't have a crossfire profile.
2. Then create an application profile for MWO that forces "AFR Friendly" and Anti-Aliasing mode to "Use application settings."
3. Play in "Full Screen" mode, not full-window or windowed.
4. Disable motion blur and Damage Glow.

Edited by The Gunman, 14 October 2013 - 05:49 AM.

#8 nexus1g

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationMilwaukie, OR

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:51 AM

Alright, I got SLI to work with MWn00b's link. It worked perfectly.

Here's the skinny of it:

Disable PostAA in the game and motion blur.

In InvidiaInspector choose:
Compatibility bits: 0x42506405
SLI rendering mode: SLI_RENDERING_MODE_FORCE_AFR_OF_SFR__FALLBACK_3AFR
Set your AA to the desired level for performance.

I went from 30-60 FPS to 80-120 FPS.

Edited by nexus1g, 14 October 2013 - 03:51 AM.

#9 Mayhap

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:42 PM

Resurrecting an old thread here... I'm trying to get this SLI workaround working but I'm getting constant flicking across the entire screen, V-sync improved it but still very annoying. Any ideas?

I've turned off AA and motion blur in MWO. And changed my MWO profile in NVinspector to match nexus1g's. I have forced off AA in the profile to no effect.

#10 METAL SEPARATOR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:19 AM

View PostMayhap, on 20 October 2013 - 04:42 PM, said:

Resurrecting an old thread here... I'm trying to get this SLI workaround working but I'm getting constant flicking across the entire screen, V-sync improved it but still very annoying. Any ideas?

I've turned off AA and motion blur in MWO. And changed my MWO profile in NVinspector to match nexus1g's. I have forced off AA in the profile to no effect.

Try changing only the comp. bits in the nv inspector leaving everything else at default.

#11 Mayhap

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:33 AM

For anyone else with this issue I found that alt-tabbing I couple times got rid of the flicker, which you will need to do for every drop. A bit of a hassle but otherwise SLI is working very well.

#12 novus

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:04 PM

I have 2 MSI 560-TI twin frozrs on a asrock extreme 7 board with a 2600k and 16 gigs of ram(and latest drivers/bios on everything).... and cant get any of these settings to really work...... while SLI will "work" neither GPU gets over 45-50 percent usage and framerates stay in the mid 50's... bout the same as a single card running at full tilt...

have tried with every setting listed here plus played around with a few myself with and without vsync... etc etc....

shrug..... guess I will wait for them to implement dx11 and NVidia actually rolls out a supported driver for the game.... shouldn't be much more then year or two more for them to actually release a semi finished game.....(oh wait I forgot it IS supposed to be semi finished and release worthy)

#13 WarGruf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 301 posts
  • LocationNorth Wales (DropShip)

Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:56 AM

The latest Catalyst certified drivers have cured AFR Friendly flicker for me using win7 64bit.

That's the: 13-9_win7_win8_64_dd_ccc_whql drivers. Enjoy! :(

#14 frag85

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 11:57 AM

View PostWarGruf, on 03 December 2013 - 08:56 AM, said:

The latest Catalyst certified drivers have cured AFR Friendly flicker for me using win7 64bit. That's the: 13-9_win7_win8_64_dd_ccc_whql drivers. Enjoy! :huh:

What cards? Still have issues with 7970s up to the latest beta (13.11).

#15 WarGruf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 301 posts
  • LocationNorth Wales (DropShip)

Posted 15 December 2013 - 02:54 PM

7770's
V-sync on or off and it still works without flicker. Tried the Beta 9.5s an there working fine also.. You could try the AFR-CompatibleD3 profile that helped before with similar performance gains.

#16 frag85

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 04:48 PM

View PostWarGruf, on 15 December 2013 - 02:54 PM, said:

7770's
V-sync on or off and it still works without flicker. Tried the Beta 9.5s an there working fine also.. You could try the AFR-CompatibleD3 profile that helped before with similar performance gains.

I think its an architectural difference, or something specific to the card in the driver. Still haven't been able to get a good working CF solution.

I made a little video showing what the issue is here. Didn't quite turn out how I wanted, you have to watch it at 1080 to see the frame rate and GPU usage counters. I've gone through with the newer drivers (13.9-13.12), and every driver setting/in-game setting trying to find something that works. There' still times where I drop down to 30-35FPS that in CF it stays up at 60-80, but with that flicker its unplayable.

#17 Matthew Craig

Technical Director

• 867 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 18 February 2014 - 04:55 PM

Just wanted to drop in to note that we haven't forgotten about SLI/Crossfire support I'm currently planning to take another look at performance here once DX11 is out and stable so post March 4th patch.

#18 Alekzander Smirnoff

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 427 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 18 February 2014 - 05:11 PM

DX11 client next (hopeful) patch? Hip hip huzzah!

#19 Shamous13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationKitchener, Ont.

Posted 19 February 2014 - 05:56 AM

try adding these to your user cfg. the first one does work for crosfire cards i am currently using it. also for crosfire see this post. I'm running 2 7870 cards v-sync turned off and no micro shutter.

add this line for both sli and crosfire

r_MultiGPU = 1

0=disabled, 1=extra overhead to allow SLI(NVidia) or Crossfire(ATI),
2(default)=automatic detection (currently SLI only, means off for ATI)
should be activated before rendering

add this line for sli cards only (I dont know if it will help I have an amd setup)

r_buffer_sli_workaround = 1

enable SLI workaround for buffer pooling

Edited by Shamous13, 19 February 2014 - 05:58 AM.

#20 DarthPeanut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 861 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 01:14 PM

That is good news that multi GPU support is still in the works and coming soon hopefully.

Will be nice to have proper SLI support for my GTX660 TI's, instead of cooking one card all the time while the other does nothing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users