I'll always go with the Timberwolf.

#282 xXBagheeraXx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 08:46 PM

View PostArmageddonKnight, on 12 October 2013 - 07:01 AM, said:

These are 2 mechs that will just have to be included in MWO, they are so iconic.

Which one do i prefer, although the shape is a big disadvantage, i do like the Timberwolf more myself. A fast 75 tonn mech like that just begs to be piloted.

The thing i fear most though is that with the current state of the heat system and the unrestricted hardpoint system, the default loadouts for the timberwolf will so hot as to be unplayable. And its hardpoints will likely be heavily abused with the current system to create PPC+ballistic loadouts that completly ignore the shoulder pods, add on JJ's and you have another poptardding alpha boat :)

Thats gonna be even worse when the mkII hits....90tons with omni arm mounts..all ppcs and acs can be mounted in one location. GG

I'm also very curios as to how the missile racks will behave....they CANT count as torso damage right? You will be able to XL crit madcats from across the map....Its no issue for me to run all my madcats direct fire only but still.....thats gonna suck...

#283 FireSlade

• 1,174 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 01 March 2014 - 09:05 PM

View PostxXBagheeraXx, on 01 March 2014 - 08:46 PM, said:

Thats gonna be even worse when the mkII hits....90tons with omni arm mounts..all ppcs and acs can be mounted in one location. GG

I'm also very curios as to how the missile racks will behave....they CANT count as torso damage right? You will be able to XL crit madcats from across the map....Its no issue for me to run all my madcats direct fire only but still.....thats gonna suck...

No Omni slots on the MKII (it is a Battlemech not Omnimech) sorry, but it does not matter when it has 4 energy, 2 ballistic, and 2 missile hardpoints in the stock model.

I do not think that it will be an issue with the missile racks being part of the torso hitbox. If you mount missiles then you want range making it harder to hit and by the time that you lose both torsos, there would not be much that you could do with a single MG, so who cares if you die then. If people want to brawl then the smart thing would be to not bring missiles and if they brought CSSRMs then they need more of a weakness. Basically what I am saying is that a stationary target at range equals an easy kill but a moving target at range equals a very hard to hit target so it should not be an issue. Yes there will be some noobs that just stand still or brawl with LRMs but that is not much different that we are seeing now; maybe they will learn faster.

#284 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 02 March 2014 - 03:19 AM

View PostFireSlade, on 01 March 2014 - 09:05 PM, said:

Yes there will be some noobs that just stand still or brawl with LRMs but that is not much different that we are seeing now; maybe they will learn faster.

You could brawl with CLRMs .. But they said nope :)

#285 Noesis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 02 March 2014 - 04:17 AM

Posted Image

Edited by Noesis, 02 March 2014 - 04:23 AM.

#286 FireSlade

• 1,174 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 02 March 2014 - 09:09 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 02 March 2014 - 03:19 AM, said:

You could brawl with CLRMs .. But they said nope :)

I still think that the best balancing factor would be to reduce homing under 180 meters so that unless they were standing still and running straight at you then you would not be able to hit them. Another idea that I had was that they could turn off locks under 180 meters and you end up with a last ditch weapon that would waste a shitload of ammo to treat them like SRMs.

#287 Blood Rose

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 989 posts
  • LocationHalf a mile away in a Gausszilla

Posted 02 March 2014 - 09:17 AM

The Timberwolf. It was the first Mech i ever saw, and to this day it is the ultimate Mech for me.
I fell in love with it at first sight :)

#288 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 02 March 2014 - 12:45 PM

They could also make CLRM fire in waves of five, regardless of the class of LRM. It gives AMS a chance to counter. Or, if clusters of five totally borks them, clusters of ten when possible.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users