Video Card Does Not Support Mwo?

10 replies to this topic

#1 Kamiii

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:14 PM

Hi so my MSI GTX760 apprently does not support MWO because i get the error saying so when i launch the game from the launcher. It was working fine before but for some reason now its not? any fix to this? Sometimes when i restart my PC and launch it. It works. but if i exit out and launch again it doesnt work.

#2 Watchemkillem

• PipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 43 posts
  • LocationBronx, N.Y.

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:52 PM

Had the same problem. I fixed mine by uninstalling and installing the game. Updated Nvidia drivers. no problem since.

#3 Kamiii

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:43 PM

im tyring it now! thanks!

#4 Kamiii

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:26 PM

It dint work

#5 Goose

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 3,463 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThat flattop, up the well, overhead

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:17 PM

http://forums.guru3d...ad.php?t=379506

And they ain't kidding about "run from Safe Mode!"

#6 Watchemkillem

• PipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 43 posts
  • LocationBronx, N.Y.

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:54 AM

That sucks. I'm sorry. Try Goose's suggestion. That will remove any and all nvidia driver files. The regular uninstall may not remove everything. If that doesn't work then I'm at a loss.

#7 Durant Carlyle

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 13 October 2013 - 01:18 PM

The regular Nvidia drivers have a clean install option that first completely uninstalls the previous drivers and resets all the settings to default, then installs the new drivers. I use that option every time I update their drivers, and have had no problems whatsoever.

#8 Goose

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 3,463 posts
  • LocationThat flattop, up the well, overhead

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:44 PM

View PostDurant Carlyle, on 13 October 2013 - 01:18 PM, said:

The regular Nvidia drivers have a clean install option that first completely uninstalls the previous drivers …

;) Yeah - no

#9 technopredator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 05 March 2017 - 12:32 PM

Try disabling the Anti-Alias or resetting graphics with this you can change them ingame later.

#10 9erRed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • 1,566 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 05 March 2017 - 04:29 PM

Greetings,

From that vid. your getting 2 and 8 beeps returned.
- And the fans are maxing out.

First try resetting the card in the slot, ensure that the contacts are clean and the card seats properly and locks.
- Second check or change the power cords to the card, if you can do a continuity power check on each connector ..good. If not then swap out the power connectors for new ones and try to tap them directly off the power supply and not branched from some other line.
- Sometimes the connectors on the power cords may not be seated fully into there plug ports or just cheap cords?
- Try to keep all the other cord lines away from the vid. card. As seen in that video you have other lines running over the front of the card near the SLI connectors.
- Any movement of the video connectors cables at the back of the case can or could torque the card in its slot, causing a malfunction at some of the contact points, especially with older boards and frequent use of the slots.

I've had a card do that same 'fan ramp up' at start and it was a bad connecting power cord. Once replaced the card started normally. Also check if you have or can get "Nvidia System tools", it will allow you to set up a profile for the cards heat and fan speed directly related to starting specific games or applications. There are other programs similar to the system tools, but this one is integrated into the Nvidia control panel window.

Update your drivers to the latest and newest set for your specific card, get them directly from Nvidia and not a secondary site.
- Systems tools: http://www.nvidia.co....08-driver.html
- Latest drivers for your card: (ver. 378.66 Feb 14 2017) http://www.geforce.c.../results/115487

Good luck,
Aim True and Run Cool
9erRed

#11 darqsyde

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 348 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFar Beyond The Black Horizon