- - - - -

Are There Mc Redeem Codes?

51 replies to this topic

#1 Defalus

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 02:06 PM

I would buy MC directly from the site but its a bit too expensive.

#2 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 13 October 2013 - 02:10 PM

Nope

#3 Hexenhammer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,729 posts
  • LocationKAETETôã

Posted 13 October 2013 - 02:12 PM

Are There Mc Redeem Codes?

Edited by Hexenhammer, 13 October 2013 - 02:24 PM.

#4 101011

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationSector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, on a small blue-green planet orbiting a small, unregarded yellow sun.

Posted 13 October 2013 - 02:13 PM

There is no way to purchase MC except to link a credit card to the site and purchase it from mwomercs.com. Kinda silly, but whatever.

#5 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 13 October 2013 - 03:13 PM

There are ultimate gamecards, which let you get MC without actually owning a debit- or credit card.

http://www.ultimategamecard.com/

Their site. That's about it. There aren't currently any promo codes for MC, but there used to be a promo for razer gaming dice, which is a cockpit hanging item. No idea if that's still available.

#6 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 03:14 PM

You can use ultimate pay cards, too, which give you credit in the form of ultimate pay points, which when you go to make a purchase it'll look to your points before charging a bank card.

Far as the redeem thing... That's actually for special offers like the PC Gamer skin, the Nvidia Girl, and other assorted offers.

I'm actually quite disappointed that ATI/AMD didn't try to get the Radeon Girl into a promotion. She's uh, got the competition stacked when it comes to what's upstairs.
Posted Image
Posted Image

>.>; But I feel the cards I'm using are totally under represented.

Side note: Those offers are expired.

And yes... next time I record I'll stuff the Fairy into a cockpit. Sadly her wings don't glow anymore.

Edited by Koniving, 13 October 2013 - 03:16 PM.

#7 Defalus

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 03:25 PM

I can pay through paypal no problems its just that if there were redeemable MC codes , i'm sure i could have bought them cheaper than the actual MC price which is a bit exaggerated considering you can only buy certain amounts at once.

Edited by Defalus, 13 October 2013 - 03:26 PM.

#8 Victor Morson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 13 October 2013 - 03:33 PM

View Post101011, on 13 October 2013 - 02:13 PM, said:

There is no way to purchase MC except to link a credit card to the site and purchase it from mwomercs.com. Kinda silly, but whatever.

Paypal if you're worried about a lack of card, but his issue is cost.

I wish PGI would run a sale remotely comparable to other F2P MMOs. I would in fact buy MC if they were to, I don't know, put all packages at 50% off or higher, instead of a last year's "sale" of "20% off the very most expensive package."

They lose more money with bad sales than they gain by maintaining high prices. For every 1 that buys in on a 20% sale 10 will not buy in at all that otherwise would have.

Edited by Victor Morson, 13 October 2013 - 03:34 PM.

#9 Durant Carlyle

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 13 October 2013 - 04:27 PM

lol

50% off or higher? Good luck with that...

The ten who wouldn't buy in at all wouldn't buy in even if the regular MC price were 50% less -- they'd still complain about the price.

Besides, a month of Premium time is 2,500 MC. That's about $13 worth of MC. Sounds like the value of MC is about right to me.

#10 Aym

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,041 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:09 PM

View PostDurant Carlyle, on 13 October 2013 - 04:27 PM, said:

lol

The ten who wouldn't buy in at all wouldn't buy in even if the regular MC price were 50% less -- they'd still complain about the price.

Besides, a month of Premium time is 2,500 MC. That's about $13 worth of MC. Sounds like the value of MC is about right to me.

The value for premium time is fine, the value for mechbays is fine, the value for GXP transfers is fine. The value for just about ANYTHING else is not fine, imo.

#11 CrashieJ

• 1,435 posts
  • LocationGalatea (Mercenary's Star)

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:21 PM

I've used those VISA VANILLA gift cards, I'm sure there are "rechargeable" ones

#12 Throe

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:15 PM

[deleted by user]

Edited by Throe, 20 November 2018 - 12:02 PM.

#13 Victor Morson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:44 PM

View PostDurant Carlyle, on 13 October 2013 - 04:27 PM, said:

Sony did a 3x Station Cash sale AND trippled a bonus if you bought the card at the store last year. Other F2P companies run similar crazy bargains at least once or twice a year, to encourage more people to buy in. It's a good business strategy.

#14 Caspian111

• Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 21 December 2013 - 05:32 AM

redeem code: HAPPYHOLIDAYS

#15 Durant Carlyle

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 21 December 2013 - 08:10 PM

View PostCaspian111, on 21 December 2013 - 05:32 AM, said:

redeem code: HAPPYHOLIDAYS

That code is for 7 days of Premium Time. It does not give MC.

#16 Nick Makiaveli

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in mechdrek

Posted 22 December 2013 - 03:54 PM

View PostAym, on 13 October 2013 - 05:09 PM, said:

The value for premium time is fine, the value for mechbays is fine, the value for GXP transfers is fine. The value for just about ANYTHING else is not fine, imo.

Really? Cosmetic items is based on the value to the person, for some one cent would be too much. Hero mechs? They are not OP or P2W, so again if you want it, buy it. Otherwise, you can find a mech that does basically the same thing.

What else is there? Mechs you can get with c-bills.....

View PostThroet, on 13 October 2013 - 06:15 PM, said:

As it stands, "premium" time is probably the lowest possible value in-game, aside from buying cosmetics...

As for the 'value' of MC, it's arbitrary, because it's a fictional currency. A player could spend over $400 in one shot *right now*, and all that buys is enough 'Mech Bays to fit all the 'Mechs in the game(you still have to buy those with CBills), and the MC cost of all the Hero 'Mechs. That doesn't include any paint jobs which don't come with the Heroes. That doesn't cover any Exp conversion. That doesn't cover any cosmetic items, or consumables.

So basically, the cost of the 'full game' at launch was $400+, and then they expect people to 'subscribe' for another $13/month? I'm honestly at a loss in trying to figure out what they expect me to buy, given the vast array of options(although I was finally able to figure out what I *will* buy, *if* I buy, no thanks to PGI/IGP). Premium time isn't even on the table.

So where exactly is this value you're referencing? If it wasn't free to play, and they were trying to charge that much, no one would touch this game with a 10-foot pole. And you can bet they're relying on that fact to wear down players' willpower.

If it wasn't F2P, they wouldn't charge that much up front, they would charge a sub. If anyone wants to own EVERY mech in the game, then yes it will be expensive. So? You don't have to pay a cent to play. 4 mechbays are enough to level up a new mech while keeping a spare off to the side.

Basically you are just griping about the game charging instead of being truly F2P, which is, being blunt, silly since they have to make payroll, and overhead.

Let's talk overhead shall we? Office space. Not cheap when you are talking commercial real estate. Generally way more than what you pay in rent (or even to buy). Computers. You don't think they can afford to make this game on old, cheap computers do you? Faster machines mean faster compile times, faster rendering of videos etc. All of which translates into productivity. Also, you don't think data centers to host the servers is cheap do you? They have to charge enough to be able to provide massive uptime. In other words basically if they need 1K servers, they have 2K or more just in case. Yes I know most are virtual, but VMWare etc isn't cheap either, even with a site license.

Why yes I do work in the IT field and thus have half a clue about this.

#17 DStryker

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 10:56 PM

View PostNick Makiaveli, on 22 December 2013 - 03:54 PM, said:

Really? Cosmetic items is based on the value to the person, for some one cent would be too much. Hero mechs? They are not OP or P2W, so again if you want it, buy it. Otherwise, you can find a mech that does basically the same thing.

What else is there? Mechs you can get with c-bills.....

If it wasn't F2P, they wouldn't charge that much up front, they would charge a sub. If anyone wants to own EVERY mech in the game, then yes it will be expensive. So? You don't have to pay a cent to play. 4 mechbays are enough to level up a new mech while keeping a spare off to the side.

Basically you are just griping about the game charging instead of being truly F2P, which is, being blunt, silly since they have to make payroll, and overhead.

Let's talk overhead shall we? Office space. Not cheap when you are talking commercial real estate. Generally way more than what you pay in rent (or even to buy). Computers. You don't think they can afford to make this game on old, cheap computers do you? Faster machines mean faster compile times, faster rendering of videos etc. All of which translates into productivity. Also, you don't think data centers to host the servers is cheap do you? They have to charge enough to be able to provide massive uptime. In other words basically if they need 1K servers, they have 2K or more just in case. Yes I know most are virtual, but VMWare etc isn't cheap either, even with a site license.

Why yes I do work in the IT field and thus have half a clue about this.

Oh wise one then explain $500 gold mechs please from your IT knowledge of how an F2P should be run...It's totally reasonable right...cuz they have "costs" to cover for all that rent and development, oh wait what development, we just get new cookie cutter mechs and flare. What About the promised functions of the game that are never completed on time or have yet to be released...

#18 SirSpoony

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 07:19 AM

View PostDefalus, on 13 October 2013 - 02:06 PM, said:

I would buy MC directly from the site but it’s a bit too expensive.

Very true! It’s the set amounts that are a bit odd. Would look more appealing if they had = $5, $10, $15, $25, $50, $75 and $100, but sadly for the ratio they have it at $5 might get nothing most people are seeking; $10 might, upwards from there. The new clan packs $500.....insane! They are looking for investors to help the game progress. Many companies do the same tactic now-a-days and people follow it like lemmings. Silly thing is companies have to rely was less on the responsibility of grabbing funding now that they have the gamers. This is the newest free and no hassle funding with the rise of the F2P empire. Think about it F2P is the greatest things for companies ever, because they know someone wants to skip ahead of advantage or get that blue color paint or that favorite mechs bobble-head for their cockpit. Result = some loss of real world jobs. It’s the truth whether you want to believe it or not. I worked with some F2P companies freelance and noticed the funding departments over the last 2 years have become smaller and smaller with each new contract.

I just hope after a time they have more realistic pricing...I mean $30 mechs? This purchase is only one usable item that still even requires more items, which for some could result in more spending (tactic). Not stating all mechs are overpriced, just stating most are in comparison to other FTP games and what they offer their players with their ratio from currency to item purchasing. I am going to play regardless, especially in hopes of having a Phoenix Hawk IIC2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 one day to play, but for right now regardless if I can afford the MC costs I refrain given it’s not really worth the cost per item earned. Hope it turns around though.....I will be waiting with PayPal if it does.

Edited by RobotjoxKwonDo, 19 January 2014 - 07:20 AM.

#19 DonGardenio

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 92 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 07:44 AM

Free MC? What is this? Hawken?

I feel the value for in game purchases for many other games are already fairly questionable, but MWO takes it all to very very absurd heights. I've seen crappy mobile games with better value(okay no, there is no value in crappy mobile games).

Game may be F2P and all, but I could pay for subscription for years for many MMOs out there with the crazy costs present out there.

I rather the prices go down and they sell hats. Imagine your little Spiders and Commandos running around with their little top hats, monocles and curly mustaches. They'd earn enough to develop MWO2 and 3.

#20 Nick Makiaveli

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in mechdrek

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:20 PM

View PostDStryker, on 23 December 2013 - 10:56 PM, said:

Oh wise one then explain $500 gold mechs please from your IT knowledge of how an F2P should be run...It's totally reasonable right...cuz they have "costs" to cover for all that rent and development, oh wait what development, we just get new cookie cutter mechs and flare. What About the promised functions of the game that are never completed on time or have yet to be released...

Ok I will. FTR sorry I didn't see this sooner.

It takes very little time to whip up a gold skin. It's not as simple as just picking a gold color and saying Done! They do have to test it out, make sure it doesn't cause glitches etc. But other than that, it's relatively simple.

So, they take something that cost less than $100 I would guess, and sell multiple copies for $500 a pop. That's called making a profit.

If you don't think it's worth $500, or you don't have $500, or (like me) don't think it's worth it and the wife would kill you if you did so it's moot, then don't buy one.

This is pretty much a case of it won't hurt you if someone else buys it. Yes it's kind of silly, but it's less lore breaking than having a mech be ID'ed as a "Grid Iron Limited Edition" in game. ;)

As to "what development", well if you believe they haven been lying about what they are up to, I can't provide you with any evidence to the contrary, except for possibly the news that they announced that they have negotiated a contract extension for the rights to BT/MW with Microsoft for another couple of years (was due to expire in 2015 I believe).

In other words, why shouldn't they sell something that cost almost nothing to "make"? It provides funding and that's needed if this game is to survive. Imagine if this NOPE nonsense spread to all of us. Then for the last year they would've had no income. Do you really think this forum would still be here?

If you don't want to spend cash on the game, then don't. I see the PP as me buying the game and an expansion pack. I've had, and continue to have, fun blowing up mechs (ok mostly getting blown up while in a mech). If CW comes out and is fun, then yay!! Free Stuff!! If it sucks, and I wind up not playing anymore, how is that any different to me never playing Mass Effect 1 and 2 again? Or hell , starting but never quite getting around to finishing 3? (FTR Origins sucks as badly as people say. Having to go online to research a fix just to install the ******* game is ********, especially considering I didn't buy it till it was on sale).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users