So Why Exactly Cant We Have A Mackie?

16 replies to this topic

#1 InvictusLee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,693 posts
  • LocationStanding atop my MKII's missile pack, having a whisky and a cigar.

Posted 23 January 2021 - 01:36 PM

It would be a great trolly mech! Like the Urbie!
Urbie IIC and IMP would also be hilarious additions to the mackie.
Just give us stupid and fun mechs. Why cant we have a walking overlord dropship huh?

ITS SO GOD DAMN SERIOUS AROUND HERE.
The fun police quit the game three years ago, SO WHY ARE WE NOT HAVING FUN?! LOL.

#2 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 23 January 2021 - 02:08 PM

For starters, we can't have any new mechs because our dev overlords just don't have the resources and most mechpacks fail to pay for themselves.

For the Mackie in particular, it has a special outdated 5-ton cockpit rather than the normal cockpit in MWO. But then again, it would be pretty easy to just use the normal cockpit and give it some spare heatsinks to keep the tonnage maxed out...so refer to reason #1.

#3 InvictusLee

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 23 January 2021 - 02:13 PM

Hahaha
I mean. Yeah its old, but the atlas is hella old too.
The mackie would be fun as heck.
Just give it the same chassis and hit boxes as the atlas, move some of the sprites around for **** lasers abs voila!
I dont see them needed more than one person to put together a mackie. They are just being stubborn.

CROTCH LASERS**

#4 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 23 January 2021 - 02:31 PM

What does the Mackie add that's new or interesting and isn't available with another chassis variant?

#5 InvictusLee

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 23 January 2021 - 03:31 PM

DOUBLE CROTCH GAUSS. ADD MASC.
FAST FOR A 100 TONNER.
LIKE A KODIAK BUT UGLIER.
JUST FOR THE LULZ.

#6 InvictusLee

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 23 January 2021 - 03:40 PM

I mean, if we are being serious here for a second, the Urbie did nothing for the game other than give us a fun trashcan. Whats wrong with another trashcan or two?

#7 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 23 January 2021 - 03:41 PM

View PostNovember11th, on 23 January 2021 - 03:40 PM, said:

I mean, if we are being serious here for a second, the Urbie did nothing for the game other than give us a fun trashcan. Whats wrong with another trashcan or two?

The Urbanmech gave us a slow but durable IS light with high hardpoints. Also first and only mech with 360 degree twist (literally broke the game for a short while).

The only MWO advantage of the Mackie I can think of is that the left arm is pretty high mounted in the artwork.

Edited by FupDup, 23 January 2021 - 03:42 PM.

#8 The pessimistic optimist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,377 posts

Posted 23 January 2021 - 03:46 PM

View PostFupDup, on 23 January 2021 - 03:41 PM, said:

The Urbanmech gave us a slow but durable IS light with high hardpoints. Also first and only mech with 360 degree twist (literally broke the game for a short while).

The only MWO advantage of the Mackie I can think of is that the left arm is pretty high mounted in the artwork.

But [Redacted] lasers

Edited by GM Patience, 26 January 2021 - 01:28 PM.

#9 ThreeStooges

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 505 posts
  • Locationamc reruns and youtube

Posted 24 January 2021 - 01:24 PM

I want my Corgi Hero dam it. I already have my urb riding an urb. And a barking warhorn with a milk bone hanging metal and a spiked dog collar standing item.

#10 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 24 January 2021 - 08:13 PM

View PostMiss Greene, on 23 January 2021 - 02:31 PM, said:

What does the Mackie add that's new or interesting and isn't available with another chassis variant?

Fun i guess and another mech to toy with.. does everything have to be Meta and W1nn1ng?

#11 Y E O N N E

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 24 January 2021 - 08:17 PM

View PostSamial, on 24 January 2021 - 08:13 PM, said:

Fun i guess and another mech to toy with.. does everything have to be Meta and W1nn1ng?

No, it has to be unique and interesting at this point. If it's just another IS 100 tonner with some lasers, who cares? We have several of those.

All of the 'Mechs I'm interested allow you to do something you cannot currently do with the IS. IS Omnis allow energy boating of a size not currently possible. Some 'Mechs add MASC to weight ranges where we have none.

#12 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 24 January 2021 - 08:21 PM

View PostMiss Greene, on 24 January 2021 - 08:17 PM, said:

No, it has to be unique and interesting at this point. If it's just another IS 100 tonner with some lasers, who cares? We have several of those.

All of the 'Mechs I'm interested allow you to do something you cannot currently do with the IS. IS Omnis allow energy boating of a size not currently possible. Some 'Mechs add MASC to weight ranges where we have none.

At this point anything new would be good.. Shooting down ideas even on mechs that aren't all that unique just makes the customers look indecisive to PGI.. If they ever even read this stuff.

On somewhat topic i prefer this art on the Mackie, Less **** lasers probably more family friendly.
Posted Image

Edited by Samial, 24 January 2021 - 08:22 PM.

#13 Y E O N N E

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 24 January 2021 - 09:31 PM

View PostSamial, on 24 January 2021 - 08:21 PM, said:

At this point anything new would be good.. Shooting down ideas even on mechs that aren't all that unique just makes the customers look indecisive to PGI.. If they ever even read this stuff.

Getting new 'Mechs that don't add anything to the game is precisely why 'Mech pack sales took a nosedive. How many 8x energy heavies do you need when none of them has any outstanding feature? How many nostalgia-driven 'Mechs with bad hardpoint spread, poor hitboxes, and garbage quirks do we need?

#14 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 24 January 2021 - 09:37 PM

Yeah I’m with Miss Greene, really doesn’t seem that cool.

Pretty much any IS Omni would be much more interesting. Sunder, Hauptmann, and Templar would all be better adds than the Mackie in terms of assaults.

#15 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,335 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 25 January 2021 - 05:27 PM

View PostMiss Greene, on 23 January 2021 - 02:31 PM, said:

A bit of Battletech history put in a MechWarrior game for the first time?

How is that a bad thing?

#16 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 25 January 2021 - 05:35 PM

View PostCMDR Sunset Shimmer, on 25 January 2021 - 05:27 PM, said:

A bit of Battletech history put in a MechWarrior game for the first time?

How is that a bad thing?

It's a bad thing because it consumes a lot of developer resources that won't be refunded by the mech's sales. When the devs notice money going down the drain, they stop investing in that venue (hence why MWO hasn't had any new mechs in a hundred years). On the other hand, if the developers noticed something that increased their money, they'd probably continue investing in it and thus we'd have more chances at getting stuff.

It's not a choice of bad mechs or good mechs, it's a choice of good mechs or no mechs at all. PGI needs a financial incentive to start cranking out robots again. They won't do it just out of the kindness of their hearts. They need to make money off it.

#17 Cichol Balor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 354 posts

Posted 27 January 2021 - 04:53 PM

Using the urban mech isn't the best example considering how many people rightly agree it was a mistake to have been added.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users