11 replies to this topic

#1 OznerpaG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 977 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:58 PM

I could be some sort of weirdo since every single game i play i spectate to the end (i die a lot - and it's better than anything on TV haha) , but what would be nice is if i could bring the map up when i'm spectating to see the strategic view of what's going on, and even better be able to click on any friendly mech on the map to spectate from that mech (and get right where the action is)

Edited by JagdFlanker, 17 October 2013 - 05:58 PM.

#2 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:11 PM

spectators should not be allowed to see anythign other than from inside another cockpit. Otherwise spectators can relay information to teammates. Even if they were muted in game they can still use 3rd party comms like teamspeak and such to communicate with their team.

#3 FinsT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 241 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:59 AM

What he said, indeed.

#4 OznerpaG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 977 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:19 AM

you can do the EXACT same thing bouncing cockpit to cockpit, and i'v played this game enough where i know exactly where any mech is on any map just by glancing at the minimap. if they still don't show which cap stations belong to whom then being able to look at the strategic map when dead is the exact same diff as looking at a mech's minimap in their cockpit - unless they take that out too. so either take out the minimap when spectating, or give me the whole map so i can get a better view of the action when i'm spectating and can choose which 'channel' i want to watch

if it's a PUG match then showing the map should be no issue since that's all for fun, but if it's team vs team play then yes, there should be no mini map or strategic map view when you'r dead so you can't relay info

Edited by JagdFlanker, 18 October 2013 - 06:21 AM.

#5 Schwarzklang

Rookie

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 04:17 PM

I want o made this suggestion too.

I only play for fun, to play and see mechbattles!
I would like to see a free camera option when you die. At least for people who joined solo queue. It would be so awesome to see the battles in an bird perspective..

#6 Trooper Chunks

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 41 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationUS

Posted 06 June 2015 - 02:27 PM

I would love spectator mode so i could film my friends when i'm not dead.

#7 OznerpaG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 977 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 02:55 PM

holy super ultra necro thread digup haha

in any case:

View PostRuss Bullock, on 06 June 2015 - 02:27 PM, said:

July 21st

Spectator tool improvements
· Spectators can now join via the lobby of a private match, without being granted special access by PGI (aka Tina)
· Two spectators allowed in total
· Improved input and control support
· Complete overhaul of the in-game UI for broadcasters
· Will be able to select ‘Mechs with the cursor
· Improved info/details for the ‘Mech in 3rd person mode
· Mini-map support for broadcasters

Edited by JagdFlanker, 06 June 2015 - 02:56 PM.

#8 Aliva

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 05:35 PM

When we die and become spectator, i hope to see mini mapfor us to see.

#9 Xx Mechwarrior xX

• Pip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 14 posts
  • LocationHick Town- Alberta

Posted 03 February 2016 - 07:02 PM

Specting should be left to the mech pilot, if he wishes elitest to pick apart his every move then let it be. Or if like me who justs "lone wolf" it all the time and would rather keep his business to himself. Give us our own option to turn it on and off. Like chat and voice. And for those that "power down" during maps put their locations in the drop down scoring area for that team. Or even better get rid of skirmish altogether. For pugs at least.

#10 MechWarrior4023212

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 367 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 03 February 2016 - 08:26 PM

Being able to access the B map when dead should not be allowed, as many teams have teamspeak and this means someone can call whilst dead.

#11 Strelok7

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 08:06 PM

Revive. Yes to spectator ability!

I would even take matches that are already going, and I am not a part of. Just to look at other planets and battles. I mean, that would add quite a level of entertainment to the whole MWO universe.

#12 Monolith

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 134 posts
  • LocationWest Tennessee, USA

Posted 15 September 2018 - 03:00 AM

If my mech didn't die by a headshot, I would love to climb out of my mech and run across the field as a spectate mode.... and for certain command mechs (alot of command variants are specified in lore) if you climb into the jumpseat of the mech, you ought to be able to call out targets, as well as access the battlegrid, independent of what the pilot is doing...

I know this type of functionality is asking quite alot for a game that won't even put in mixed arms, melee combat, mech crouching, etc.

Rear and bottom facing cameras, anyone? Lore-wise at least for parking the mech or navigating populated areas? I would love to see a rear arc camera on one of my three monitors, and it only makes sense with modules already in the game for "Target Retention"...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users