27 replies to this topic

#21 Deathz Jester

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,107 posts
  • LocationOH, USA

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:30 PM

I run my Shadowhawk with a 275XL and usually between the speed and the jump jets along with almost max armor I do pretty well. I use the same loadout as the Bushwacker, since I cant have my toy yet....

#22 Sen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:08 AM

Sorry guys, it's classified. I mean. . I could tell ya, but then i'd have to kill ya.

though I WILL say: No, I do NOT run 3 AC 2's. And I do not get those numbers from sitting back and sniping.

If I have one complaint with the hawks, though, it's that they need more jump jet thrust >< [minus the 5m, but that one is even worse for a good loadout]

#23 blacklanner

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 32 posts
  • LocationCzech Republic

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:31 PM

View PostSen, on 23 October 2013 - 08:08 AM, said:

Sorry guys, it's classified. I mean. . I could tell ya, but then i'd have to kill ya.

though I WILL say: No, I do NOT run 3 AC 2's. And I do not get those numbers from sitting back and sniping.

If I have one complaint with the hawks, though, it's that they need more jump jet thrust >< [minus the 5m, but that one is even worse for a good loadout]

Whatever works for you, man. The important thing is having fun with your build. If you manage to score that amount of damage in the process, +1 to that.

I use JJs for speeding up climbing, turning and softening landing, for that 3 (5) JJs are doing that job. Everything else (like jumping over buildings) that would require massive engine speed increase and that thrust you mentioned.

#24 Johnny Reb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,945 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio. However, I hate the Suckeyes!

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:35 PM

XL in a Shadow is great! Can jj and torso twist! My Streak-Hawk is so much better than my Streaktaro, my Streaktaro is now back to a 5 lrm5 taro!

edit: no need to go back!

Edited by Johnny Reb, 23 October 2013 - 10:36 PM.

#25 MisterPlanetarian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 910 posts
  • LocationStockholm

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:21 AM

SHD-2D2

This is the only Shadowhawk I use a STD engine on. The 5M and 2H are 2xAC5 and 3xAC2 respectively and both are powered by an XL255.

The Key for the long range AC stacks is to take up positioning where you can shoot from cover against enemies that are tied down fighting, this means you need to read the map extra carefully and make sure you are not cut off from your team while at the same time able to move with them and stay safe.

The AC20 version is best used following assault mechs around and providing that extra Alpha strike when needed. Jumpjets lets you shoot over the shoulders of your teams assault mechs with ease.

#26 ShadowbaneX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:58 AM

Shadow Hawks running anything less than a 275 make me :)

#27 MisterPlanetarian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 910 posts
  • LocationStockholm

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:54 PM

View PostShadowbaneX, on 24 October 2013 - 08:58 AM, said:

Shadow Hawks running anything less than a 275 make me ;)

A Shadowhawk running 250 makes me :P (AC20+ 2xML)
Posted Image

Edited by MisterPlanetarian, 24 October 2013 - 01:55 PM.

#28 Helwintr

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:28 AM

here's my two credits worth. XLs are great for fast hard hitting mechs, but are sucktastic if all you're doing is trying to save weight for more guns. Most of my clan would agree that XL engines can't be used in assault class mechs cause the cost of getting speed is insane tonnage and you're still not that fast. plus with the larger mechs it is on average easier to hit the side torsos and blow the engine. so if you want to use an XL engine you must be fast and maneuverable. and guess what? the shadowhawk is so maneuverable and quick. jump jets are great for dodging and getting behind mechs or in better positions. I wouldn't go slower than an XL 275. my favorite weapon on the shadowhawk has to be streaks. they will hit even when you're jumping.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users