• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 550 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAuldhouse, Skye Federation, Lyran Commonwealth

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:01 AM

Posted Image

Tired of playing alone, of never knowing if your team has your back?

Spoiler alert: they probably don't.

Don't want to join a hardcore combat unit that expects you to play MWO for 40 hours a week?

Just looking for some new friends who won't look down on you and call you Noob?

Then the 201st Stryker Regiment is for YOU!

Someone once said, "You can train someone to be a good pilot, but you can't train them to be a good person." The 201st is a friendly, laid back group of mostly old school players, many of whom have been playing games from the BattleTech/MechWarrior universe for a long, long time. We play for fun, we play when we feel like it. But we do have one guiding rule which we hold above all else: NO DRAMA.

We are always looking to grow the ranks of our mercenary unit around a group of long time members, many of whom have been with the unit since early open beta and even before. We don't need any time commitment and don't have specific hours where you have to be available, though we do have a core group of experienced gamers who have the skills to hang with the big boys and are more than willing to share their knowledge. Our members are from all over the world, with the bulk coming from the US. We wish to expand our our player base as a whole, including EU players. Our primary language is English, we have a dedicated TeamSpeak3 server, and our most active time is from 11:00-22:00 PDT (18:00-05:00 GMT).

Posted Image

As stated before, we are a very laid back group of guys and girls. We do rib on each other, but there is always a line. We do have a few common sense kind of rules:

1) NO DRAMA (One way or another, it will be squashed immediately.)

2) Treat others as you would want to be treated.

3) Have fun! We should spend more time laughing than raging.

Now get on over to the 201st Stryker Regiment website and sign up.

Posted Image

[CW Update: We are not limiting ourselves to just Inner Sphere or Clan for Community Warfare. As of March 2015, we are alternating which side we are fighting for so that all of our members get a chance to use their favorite 'mechs at one point or another and to maximize the chance of getting all the CW achievement awards.]

And here's a clip of the 201st being the 201st (fair warning, this clip contains adult language, so put your big kid pants on before watching):

Edited by blackcatf, 22 March 2016 - 03:49 PM.

#2 MagResPolarBear

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 261 posts
  • LocationBrighton, UK

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:15 AM

Welcome, one and all. Sign up today; you'll never look back.

#3 Huggle Buggle

Rookie

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:33 PM

Fun group of players to enjoy the time with, no drama, team work what more do you need??

#4 Clasbyte

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 186 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:27 PM

Greetings! Looking for a friendly MWO community? Check out 201ststrykers.com!

#5 Owl Hoot

• Pip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 10:42 AM

I joined the 201st 5 months ago and I have had a great time shredding mechs with the unit and learning how to be a better Mechwarrior pilot. If you want to have fun and drop with a team come check us out!

O,O

#6 LoPanShui

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 456 posts
  • LocationTharkad

Posted 26 October 2013 - 01:30 PM

201st Strykers Rules of Engagement.

1) Don't Chase the Squirrel Without Complaining About The Rest Of The Team Doing It First
When a light mech pops up it's often everyone's first instinct to go running after it, hoping to get a quick and easy kill. Well, it's never quick or easy to catch a squirrel, and this usually leaves the entire team spread out and easy to pick off. So when this happens the only viable option is to join in with everyone on squirrel chasing! At least then everyone's together, like a family! We can't promote this kind of behavior, of course, so it's imperative that everyone complain about the pugs chasing the squirrel before we join in. Remember, it's a team effort out there, but we don't have to approve of it.

#7 Clasbyte

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 186 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 10:26 PM

For those of you who don't know us, here is some wisdom from Major LoPahShui on how to be a good 201st member:

2) If You Aren't Sure Whom To Shoot, Shoot Blimie
Remember, the 201st has a long history of getting kills however we can. Whether this means the standard method of shooting an enemy until he explodes, ramming him with your stripped and out of ammo machine until he explodes or even overheating yourself until you explode, as long as someone dies you've done your duty of increasing salvage bonuses! In that regard, if you ever get confused in a game, or turned around, shoot Gunnery Sergeant Blimie. As our designated target drone it is Blimie's privilege and pleasure to absorb fire from his own team in order to give you the sense of satisfaction that comes with knowing that you damaged something.

#8 Blimie

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 59 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis IN

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:21 AM

Wait, Seriously? You guys are now promoting shooting me as a recruitment tool? ......... Where's the love I ask ya.... :P

#9 MagResPolarBear

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 261 posts
  • LocationBrighton, UK

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:58 PM

Blimie, it's only natural. We've all seen the fortune-inducing capacity that firing upon your rear armour can have. Why, last month my grandmother had a terrible cold; I shot at you, and three days later her health was much improved. The evidence is undeniable.

#10 Blimie

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 59 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:18 PM

View PostMagResPolarBear, on 27 October 2013 - 12:58 PM, said:

Blimie, it's only natural. We've all seen the fortune-inducing capacity that firing upon your rear armour can have. Why, last month my grandmother had a terrible cold; I shot at you, and three days later her health was much improved. The evidence is undeniable.

I'm not really convinced shooting me in the back had anything to do with that mag... :huh:

#11 IceRaven06

Rookie

• Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:31 PM

We just love you Blimie! That's why we give you all the great jobs :huh:

#12 El Moosechacho

• PipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 60 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:14 PM

Prerequisite PHD in bro-ology has a 3-day holding period for brogitimacy and background checks in appropriate brohavior.

Bribes for entry accepted.

#13 MagResPolarBear

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 261 posts
  • LocationBrighton, UK

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:10 AM

Dammit Moose, we're supposed to be recruiting here, not scaring them away :huh:

#14 Clasbyte

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 186 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:03 AM

View PostBlimie, on 27 October 2013 - 01:21 AM, said:

Wait, Seriously? You guys are now promoting shooting me as a recruitment tool? ......... Where's the love I ask ya.... :)

I love ya blimie!!!! When i hit ya with my dual gauss its just a sign of affection an strong one granted but none the less an sign of my brolove for you.

#15 MagResPolarBear

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 261 posts
  • LocationBrighton, UK

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:23 PM

Dual gauss rounds? That's one hell of a love tap...

#16 Blimie

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 59 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:00 PM

Trust me when Clas is involved you can feel the love.... :blink:

#17 Gtbuck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 581 posts
  • LocationSoutheast US

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:16 PM

Good bunch of guys here folks that are worthy of a bump. They have their own personal clay pigeon in Blime. Fine pilots and good times.

#18 blackcatf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 550 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAuldhouse, Skye Federation, Lyran Commonwealth

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:04 PM

The first time I read LoPan's Rules of Engagement, I got strange looks from my co-workers because I couldn't help but laugh. I still chuckle every time I read the one about chasing the squirrel.

Edited by blackcatf, 04 November 2015 - 09:32 PM.

#19 Clasbyte

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 186 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:49 AM

Hehe yeah that was an good one black, but i also love the occasional "squirrel" in teamspeak, kinda reminds me of the movie Over the Hedge, the scene where the dog chases the handcart.

#20 LoPanShui

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 456 posts
  • LocationTharkad

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:14 AM

So if you're looking for a group of players who kill things good, are accepting, friendly and love to laugh, then the 201st is for you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users