• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 11 November 2013 - 08:22 AM

View PostFupDup, on 11 November 2013 - 08:18 AM, said:

*SNIP* Or we can look at the AC/20, which is the cannon equivalent of a pimpslap in the face, but is rather short ranged and heavy. That's what we're looking for. Pros and cons. Not "make them all have equal DPS" or silly things like that.
A Pimpslapping me in the face... would lose his hand at the shoulder! My response is what an AC20 needs to be not some wimpy slap in the face! :P :D

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 11 November 2013 - 08:22 AM.

#262 DaZur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 11 November 2013 - 08:32 AM

View PostFupDup, on 11 November 2013 - 08:18 AM, said:

Maybe it's the new infusion of players but there has been a growing trend of players inferring that linear balance is exactly what MW:O needs (see: BALLISTICS - HOW PGI WENT WRONG BALANCING DIRECT FIRE WEAPONS).

MW inherently has apex weapons (AC/20, PPC, Gauss) in game-play, absolutely they require a soft-nerf to allow middling weapons to find their niche / roles.

I believe we are actually in agreeance for once. :P How should we celebrate?

:D

#263 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 11 November 2013 - 08:39 AM

View PostDaZur, on 11 November 2013 - 08:32 AM, said:

Maybe it's the new infusion of players but there has been a growing trend of players inferring that linear balance is exactly what MW:O needs (see: BALLISTICS - HOW PGI WENT WRONG BALANCING DIRECT FIRE WEAPONS).

Ah yes, that thread. I think the flaw with that thread is that the creator of it assumed that buffing Autocannons from their TT stats by a larger amount than energy weapons was a bad thing. As it turns out, most ballistics weren't really that good in TT (just Gauss and AC/20 for the most part), so they did naturally need a buff at least somewhat larger than what lasers got. Was the buff too much higher? I dunno. But they did need it at least somewhat higher than lazors got.

MW inherently has apex weapons (AC/20, PPC, Gauss) in game-play, absolutely they require a soft-nerf to allow middling weapons to find their niche / roles.

After the changes to PPCs I'm not sure that they're really imbalanced any more, it's just that they tend to benefit from convergence better than a number of other weapons do (they also work better for poptarting and hidey-peeky than lasers). The AC/20 is fine, except perhaps for the triple range thing that all ballistics got (AC/20 does more damage at 450m than an AC/10, which is kind of weird). Gauss is probably fine, I haven't really seen or used it enough to decide. I'd prefer to just buff the little guys like Flamers and Pulse. An overall heat system reform (fast cooling low capacity instead of slow cooling high capacity) is probably what I would prefer to get people using lasers as their main weapons more often than they do now (but while still preserving the usefulness of Autocannons).

I believe we are actually in agreeance for once. :P How should we celebrate?

:D

How about we play a game of pin the tail on the Urbanmech?

Edited by FupDup, 11 November 2013 - 08:41 AM.

#264 DaZur

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 11 November 2013 - 08:44 AM

View PostFupDup, on 11 November 2013 - 08:39 AM, said:

How about we play a game of pin the tail on the Urbanmech?

So long as when you say "pin the tail on the Urbanmech" it is not a colorful euphemism for playing "hide the pink-winky" I'm game... :D

#265 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 11 November 2013 - 08:48 AM

View PostDaZur, on 11 November 2013 - 08:44 AM, said:

So long as when you say "pin the tail on the Urbanmech" it is not a colorful euphemism for playing "hide the pink-winky" I'm game... :D

:P :huh: :ph34r:

#266 KharnZor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,584 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:46 PM

View PostDaZur, on 11 November 2013 - 08:44 AM, said:

Posted Image

#267 DaZur

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:57 PM

View PostKharnZor, on 11 November 2013 - 12:46 PM, said:

Posted Image

KZ you owe me one new keyboard... I just shot Rockstar out my flipping nose trying not to laugh out-loud at work at this...

Rotten... rotten to the core. :D

#268 KharnZor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,584 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 11 November 2013 - 01:02 PM

View PostDaZur, on 11 November 2013 - 12:57 PM, said:

KZ you owe me one new keyboard... I just shot Rockstar out my flipping nose trying not to laugh out-loud at work at this...

Rotten... rotten to the core. :D

My work here is done.
Posted Image

lol.

#269 WVAnonymous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,691 posts
  • LocationEvery world has a South Bay. That's where I am.

Posted 11 November 2013 - 01:05 PM

How about a 12 v 12 Locust match?

MLs are OP versus MGs

#270 RichAC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:53 PM

Yes CS since its beginnig was an e-sport, it was a community made mod, and popular because of the self regulating community fore sure most of all.. and of course the "balance"

Balance to me and being e-sport viable, besides maps and weapon mechanics.... is that more importantly anybody can choose the same attributes, they are available to anyone at any time, period.

For MWO to be an e-sport, they would have to have a tourney server where people can choose any mech and build any loadout they want, on the fly, with no grinding. Maybe they should charge an extra fee for that like blizzard does with World of Warcraft tourney realms. Its what made Guild wars always popular for pvp rpg. The fact people can't out weapon or out armor someone who doesn't have the same options available to them , is what has made CS so popular and why I've always loved Quake (the first e-sport and still played today). You can argue with various website stats that CS is still the most popular fps on the pc with TF2 behind it. a 15 year old game! Even little kids who never played on a pc and only have played on consoles have heard of Counterstrike.

One of the other reasons LoL is so dam popular, which I didn't mention, is that it can run on anyones pc. LIterally I'm surprised people aren't playing that game on ipads yet. MWO actually takes a beast of a machine so that is not going to attract people, but i'm more for pushing graphics innovations and computer technology anyways.

Edited by RichAC, 25 November 2013 - 01:19 PM.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users