#1 Garth Erlam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,756 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • YouTube: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:01 AM

[color=cyan]Greetings, MechWarriors!

First of all - we'd like to thank all players who participated in Project Phoenix. You may have noticed, however, that you are still missing a part of your package:

The In-Game Badge. We have decided at this point in time to release the In-Game Badges for Project Phoenix purchasers in tandem with UI 2.0. These new ingame Phoenix Icons are currently blocked by a UI2.0 feature for players to be able to select which icon to display ingame. Rather than build this system twice, we have elected to focus our efforts on finishing UI2.0 as quickly as possible.

As for the other parts of your package (which have been released):

- You can choose your medallions at:
https://mwomercs.com...file/medallions
(Please be aware that, while you can choose multiple of the same medallion, your choice is final and cannot be reversed!)

-To activate your Forums badge, you simply need to make a post and it will appear!

-Your Phoenix mechs are in your mechbay, and if they are not yet (for the latest purchasers) they will be after maintenance, which is typically on Tuesdays and Fridays.

-The HOTROD pattern is under the Camo Spec/Custom tab.

For any other questions, please visit the Official FAQ.
http://mwomercs.com/...sked-questions/[/color]

#2 JohnnyWayne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:06 AM

Posted Image

Thnx @ GalaxyBluestar ;)

I'm really a patient person regarding MWO. But I see myself playing less every week because I don't have anything new to discover. I meet the same people all the time, do the same all the time. What MWO currently needs is something new and UI2.0 is obviously the bottleneck that holds the whole thing back.

Mechcontent, gameplay evolvement and obviously even fluff...

Edited by JohnnyWayne, 26 November 2013 - 04:03 AM.

#3 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:17 AM

There was a tweet by Russ or Bryan saying another test for UI2.0 was coming up soon, but no specifics, so it would be great to get an update. We are also almost out of days in November, and the latest update is supposed to be in a video format, which is causing a delay for some reason, so any chance that November video update will actually be in November?

WE WANTS INFO PLZZ!

Edit: oh, and while I don't like asking for handouts, if you are going to push the in-game badge out to the "limbo that is UI2.0 implementation time", it would probably be a good idea to thank everyone for the inconvenience with some sort of incentive - I know its a small item and I have had an absolute blast mastering all my mechs (only one to go, technically), but with how this community whines, I'm just looking out for you guys, lol.

Edited by Cimarb, 25 November 2013 - 09:20 AM.

#4 ColonelKiel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:20 AM

I agree, A state of the Union on UI2.0 would be handy. I think the last we heard it was it was spitballed to land in November. Is that still a target or is it slipping to December/January?

Thanx Guys,

#5 Durant Carlyle

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:21 AM

Question regarding the medallions:

Do they give the LP bonus to all factions, or just the faction of the medallion?

Example: If I choose a Davion medallion, will it give me the LP bonus for all or just for Davion?

#6 ColonelKiel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:24 AM

View PostDurant Carlyle, on 25 November 2013 - 09:21 AM, said:

Question regarding the medallions:

Do they give the LP bonus to all factions, or just the faction of the medallion?

Example: If I choose a Davion medallion, will it give me the LP bonus for all or just for Davion?

Pretty sure they indicated they are faction specific.

#7 Name140704

• 1,196 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:26 AM

Uninstalled

#8 Zolaz

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:26 AM

Sweet ... we should get our in game badges in 2015.

#9 mekabuser

• Philanthropist
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:42 AM

interesting responses so far.

#10 JohnnyWayne

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:45 AM

View PostNARCoMAN, on 25 November 2013 - 09:26 AM, said:

Uninstalled

With all due respect, you sir, are an *****. x)

View PostCimarb, on 25 November 2013 - 09:17 AM, said:

There was a tweet by Russ or Bryan saying another test for UI2.0 was coming up soon, but no specifics, so it would be great to get an update. We are also almost out of days in November, and the latest update is supposed to be in a video format, which is causing a delay for some reason, so any chance that November video update will actually be in November?

Well, that is also the last thing i heard. After seeing the first build on the test servers, it was quite obvious that november wouldn't be doable. Atm I expect it to hit live servers in february, but it would be nice if I were wrong.

Btw, either way the community would flame about anything they get or they don't get. Example see above.

Edited by JohnnyWayne, 25 November 2013 - 09:46 AM.

#11 Effectz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 349 posts
  • LocationDublin

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:51 AM

In A Podcast Bryan said latest UI2.0 would appear is December but you know....take that with a grain of salt.

#12 Caswallon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 540 posts
  • LocationArboris

Posted 25 November 2013 - 10:08 AM

Well nice to have an "update" on this subject at long last. Begs the question why it took so long to make it. But ok its been made.

KEEP TALKING TO US PGI

The one and only thing that will kill this, or any game, is ignoring your users or appearing to

Uninstalled

What a shame. To have rage quit over any of the other issues that plague the game would be one thing, but for a badge to be your final straw, thats outstanding. Please don't post again sir, you have stated you have had enough and thats fair enough but don't be a forum troll hereafter thats all I ask.

#13 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 25 November 2013 - 10:26 AM

Semi-related question, since it's a Phoenix mech, but I Mastered my Battlemaster over the weekend (hahahaa), but it remained at two module slots. Problem?

#14 warner2

• 1,101 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 10:28 AM

It occurred to me a few days ago that the UI 2.0 rewrite has a parallel with what, for example, Netscape did years ago. They decided to rewrite from scratch and watched as Microsoft stole their market share as the stopped progressing their current version. PGI are doing the same thing with UI 2.0. It appears to be actually holding up development elsewhere and preventing this game from progressing, and it's almost December now. The big rewrite decision may have been a mistake. Perhaps evolving the current UI whilst adding new features to it would have been a better decision that would not have contributed towards a stagnated game. It's nearly December and instead of seeing progress on Community Warfare we still don't have the UI 2.0 that most players probably don't even care about beyond the fact we just want it done and out of the way so that we can see REAL features come down the pipeline that push the MWO experience forward.

#15 Caswallon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 540 posts
  • LocationArboris

Posted 25 November 2013 - 10:33 AM

View PostDawnstealer, on 25 November 2013 - 10:26 AM, said:

Semi-related question, since it's a Phoenix mech, but I Mastered my Battlemaster over the weekend (hahahaa), but it remained at two module slots. Problem?

I think I've heard of this one.

Try shutting down and restarting your client. I can't recall where but I think I read somebody saying the same thing with a mastered Phoenix and a full restart of client fixed it.

#16 rageagainstthedyingofthelight

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 306 posts
  • LocationTerra Therma, shut down

Posted 25 November 2013 - 10:46 AM

Thanks for the info!

#17 Project Dark Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 237 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina, USA

Posted 25 November 2013 - 10:56 AM

Uninstalled

I did, too.

Then I reinstalled.

Just wanted to have a fresh install after the last patch. ;)

#18 SilverKitsu

Rookie

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 10:57 AM

So excited about the UI 2.0 after seeing the official dev forum post about it

#19 MONEY SHOT

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 46 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 11:04 AM

Q: Will the entire collection of items in each package (ie - Mechs, Badges, Medallions etc) be delivered all on the same date or will different items be provided at different dates?
A: All package contents will be delivered on Oct 15th.

this is right out of the FAQ for the package.......

#20 fil5000

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,573 posts
  • LocationInternet County, USA

Posted 25 November 2013 - 11:47 AM

View PostMONEY SHOT, on 25 November 2013 - 11:04 AM, said:

Q: Will the entire collection of items in each package (ie - Mechs, Badges, Medallions etc) be delivered all on the same date or will different items be provided at different dates?
A: All package contents will be delivered on Oct 15th.

this is right out of the FAQ for the package.......

Hilarious as it is that UI 2.0 is bottlenecking literally everything at this point, it's a BADGE. Just relax and enjoy the image of thousands and thousands of features trying to push past a big fat guy with "UI2.0" on his t-shirt as he stands blocking a doorway, while Yackity Sax plays.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users