72 replies to this topic

#1 Alekzander Smirnoff

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 427 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:32 AM

First off, let it be known that I play over 4G cellular internet through verizon's homefusion broadband because no company will run land lines for the additional two miles to my neighborhood. This thing is basically a router attached to a gallon bucket sized antenna so signal is great. (I Live in a semi-rural area between two small towns). Anyway I usually get a 50ms-90ms ping in-game and around 20Mb down, 10Mb up so neither of those is an issue.

My problem is I end up making it into maybe 20% of matches when I launch, the screen goes black prior to the map loading screen. I know its not a loading problem because when I actually get into a game there's no problem playing. But, for some reason when I launch, when I don't make it in the screen stays black and then dumps me back to the mech lab.

I've used ping plotter to trace the route directly to the game server after using wireshark to sniff out the address the packets are being sent to. The majority of the route is fine untill i get to relay-1.mwtactics.com then I get massive packet loss there (probably because ICMP requests are not responded to) and the last two hops inside PGI's network aren't reported. Over time I've seen massive packet loss (up to 50+% on a 1440 count 24 hour test run) during peak periods on verizon's networks and those days I end up with 10 of my 33 mechs locked in a match from being unable to connect. However lately its improved and I see little issue from verizon's network now.

Now when I'm in a group, my lance mates never see me even load into the match so the system is dumping me before I even make it into the match but still locking my mechs as if i did get in. I don't receive cbills or xp which is a good thing imo so it doesn't look like I'm farming out matches.

Basically I'm at a loss if there's anything that can be done to fix this other than opening the threshold at which the server will kick me out from whatever network issue this is.

Any thoughts devs?

#2 Alekzander Smirnoff

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 427 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 22 November 2013 - 07:25 AM

On a side note I can work in the mechlab and do training grounds with no issues. Only problem is getting into matches.

#3 Stefan Schneider

• PipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 40 posts
  • LocationLow signal

Posted 23 November 2013 - 12:45 AM

Since when did you faced this problem?

I am currently facing quite the same problem with you, that is, when I launch, I don't make it and the screen stays black and then it does not dump me back to the mech lab, the screen just stay black, so I either need to force close via Alt+F4 or using task manager.

Connection wise, I'm using xDSL connection with 5Mbps downstream and 512Kbps upstream. The things is, before the 1.3Gb patch, I had never failed to enter the match, no problem whatsoever with the client except the occasional memory leak crash due to my 32 bits Windows . . .

But now after the patch, I can only play a game or two, but on the other time when I'm logging in, the screen just stay blank after pressing LAUNCH, I mean after the map loading screen appear, and then it stay blank.
On the other hand, I can still go to the testing ground no problem.

AFter pressing Alt+F4 and restarting the client, the mech status will apper as In-Game.

Edited by Stefan Schneider, 23 November 2013 - 12:46 AM.

#4 Durant Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 23 November 2013 - 12:50 AM

You need to E-mail support with your Omicron log (from the main MW:O directory) attached. It likely shows some clues.

#5 Stefan Schneider

• PipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 40 posts
  • LocationLow signal

Posted 23 November 2013 - 12:58 AM

View PostDurant Carlyle, on 23 November 2013 - 12:50 AM, said:

You need to E-mail support with your Omicron log (from the main MW:O directory) attached. It likely shows some clues.

Already did, with all log info and dxdiag info etc.
And I already mentioned in my first email that I had run the repair tool like 5-6 times already to no avail.
This is their first response:

Reppu (MechWarrior® Online™)
Nov 22 12:51 (PST)
Hello Stefan Schneider,
Many issues can be caused by corrupted files. Running the repair tool will repair these issues:
Please download the repair tool from here: http://patcher.mwome...ORepairTool.exe
Run it from any location, it will detect your MechWarrior Online installation and repair any corruption.
Once the repair tool has completed its work, please run the game and tell me if the issue persists.

Reppu
Senior GameMaster
MechWarrior® Online™

#6 Durant Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 23 November 2013 - 01:12 AM

lol

You E-mailed them back and told them you already did that, right? Sometimes it takes a second E-mail to make it through their thick skulls.

#7 Stefan Schneider

• PipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 40 posts
  • LocationLow signal

Posted 23 November 2013 - 01:26 AM

View PostDurant Carlyle, on 23 November 2013 - 01:12 AM, said:

lol

You E-mailed them back and told them you already did that, right? Sometimes it takes a second E-mail to make it through their thick skulls.

Yea lulz, and I just did exactly that. . .

Hope it can pierce through the thick skulls of theirs . . .

#8 Gruinhardt

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 4
  • Mercenary Rank 4
  • 198 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 04:34 AM

View PostStefan Schneider, on 23 November 2013 - 12:58 AM, said:

Reppu (MechWarrior® Online™)
Nov 22 12:51 (PST)
Hello Stefan Schneider,
Many issues can be caused by corrupted files. Running the repair tool will repair these issues:
Please download the repair tool from here: http://patcher.mwome...ORepairTool.exe
Run it from any location, it will detect your MechWarrior Online installation and repair any corruption.
Once the repair tool has completed its work, please run the game and tell me if the issue persists.

Reppu
Senior GameMaster
MechWarrior® Online™

Been having the same problems. I have emailed support, provided them with screenshots, omicron logs, and Dxdiag files. My response is.

"Thanks! I see that connectivity seems fine (the usual cause of being bounced to the MechLab)
Let's try the repair tool in case there is corruption in your map files:

You can download the repair tool from here: http://patcher.mwome...ORepairTool.exe

Thanks again!

Reppu
Senior GameMaster
MechWarrior® Online™ "

Nearly identical to the response you have received. Basically, "we have no idea what the problem is, keep running the repair tool, hopefully the problem magically disappears.

#9 Stefan Schneider

• PipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 40 posts
  • LocationLow signal

Posted 23 November 2013 - 09:26 AM

View PostGruinhardt, on 23 November 2013 - 04:34 AM, said:

Nearly identical to the response you have received. Basically, "we have no idea what the problem is, keep running the repair tool, hopefully the problem magically disappears.

Yea that basically summed it up . . .
Hurm do we actually need to uninstall everything and do a clean install again. With my 5Mbps connection, it would take like an entire day to finish dang. . .

#10 Gruinhardt

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 4
  • Mercenary Rank 4
  • 198 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 06:34 PM

View PostStefan Schneider, on 23 November 2013 - 09:26 AM, said:

Yea that basically summed it up . . .
Hurm do we actually need to uninstall everything and do a clean install again. With my 5Mbps connection, it would take like an entire day to finish dang. . .

I tried a clean install 2 days ago, no luck. All Windows Update and drivers are current. Yesterday I tried my other gaming PC. All updates and drivers are current. First match I was able to join, then thought it must be my other computer. Second drop, blackscreen, 3rd match was able to play, and every time after that, blackscreen.

I am letting a friend take my PC to his house. He has been able to play MWO since patch. I want to know if my PC will work on his broadband. I am pretty sure it will. My best guess, it has something to do with our ISP and the last patch. I have wireless internet and have been able to play up to the last patch. I will send Reppu Omicron logs and DxDiag files tomorrow.

Friend has PC, will know more tomorrow.

Edited by Gruinhardt, 23 November 2013 - 06:37 PM.

#11 jericho83

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 01:04 AM

Yo guys, another chap on the same page here, been having blank screen during launch ever since the latest patch. Tried a clean sweep and reinstall the whole program but to no avail, as the matter in fact did the clean sweep and reinstall a couple of times already. Downloaded and running the repair tool for the few times since the last patch but to no avail also. Really running blank on ideas how to get the 'the glitch by the latest patch' over with and get on with the game. Any bright ideas are much appreciated.

Edited by jericho83, 24 November 2013 - 01:05 AM.

#12 Stefan Schneider

• PipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 40 posts
  • LocationLow signal

Posted 25 November 2013 - 08:22 AM

Bumped!

View Postjericho83, on 24 November 2013 - 01:04 AM, said:

Yo guys, another chap on the same page here, been having blank screen during launch ever since the latest patch. Tried a clean sweep and reinstall the whole program but to no avail, as the matter in fact did the clean sweep and reinstall a couple of times already. Downloaded and running the repair tool for the few times since the last patch but to no avail also. Really running blank on ideas how to get the 'the glitch by the latest patch' over with and get on with the game. Any bright ideas are much appreciated.

Noted, thank you very much for sharing, hope someone will come up with a solution.

Edited by Stefan Schneider, 25 November 2013 - 08:30 AM.

#13 Stefan Schneider

• PipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 40 posts
  • LocationLow signal

Posted 25 November 2013 - 08:29 AM

View PostGruinhardt, on 23 November 2013 - 06:34 PM, said:

I tried a clean install 2 days ago, no luck. All Windows Update and drivers are current. Yesterday I tried my other gaming PC. All updates and drivers are current. First match I was able to join, then thought it must be my other computer. Second drop, blackscreen, 3rd match was able to play, and every time after that, blackscreen.

I am letting a friend take my PC to his house. He has been able to play MWO since patch. I want to know if my PC will work on his broadband. I am pretty sure it will. My best guess, it has something to do with our ISP and the last patch. I have wireless internet and have been able to play up to the last patch. I will send Reppu Omicron logs and DxDiag files tomorrow.

Friend has PC, will know more tomorrow.

Any news Mr.Gruinhardt?

#14 Gruinhardt

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 4
  • Mercenary Rank 4
  • 198 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:15 AM

View PostStefan Schneider, on 25 November 2013 - 08:29 AM, said:

Any news Mr.Gruinhardt?

He was able to run MWO without any blackscreen problems. I relayed this information to support.

#15 Alekzander Smirnoff

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 427 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 26 November 2013 - 11:43 AM

Been a bit busy over the weekend and haven't checked the thread. Last night I was having some connection issues between the chicago and toronto backbone lines and couldn't connect to the servers at all which I attributed that to a hiccup somewhere on the route but I know my issues are connection related only. I have no problems at all when I make it into a match, its just the time between when the match maker finds a match (or fails and throws you in one) and when the map splash screen appears (when the screen is normally black) is where my problem is occuring.

I have no idea what takes place in this phase of the connection but it has to do with I'm guessing a hand off between where the mechlab is hosted and the gameplay is hosted. For whatever reason (I'm assuming packet loss from my cellular connection) it doesn't make it in half the time when I launch.

#16 BUMMBUMM

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 254 posts
  • LocationHannover

Posted 26 November 2013 - 02:51 PM

i have cellular internet too and i had the same problem like Stefan Schneider at least, the "freezing on black screen after map load screen" with Alt+F4 fix and restarting client 20 times a day.
Performed the workaround of that threat here: "Fps Fix For Old Computers And/or Dual Core Machines" which is in fact a config edit to use dx11.
Client is still buggy ^^ but no more blackscreens after maploading ever since.

#17 Stefan Schneider

• PipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 40 posts
  • LocationLow signal

Posted 26 November 2013 - 04:01 PM

View PostBUMMBUMM, on 26 November 2013 - 02:51 PM, said:

i have cellular internet too and i had the same problem like Stefan Schneider at least, the "freezing on black screen after map load screen" with Alt+F4 fix and restarting client 20 times a day.
Performed the workaround of that threat here: "Fps Fix For Old Computers And/or Dual Core Machines" which is in fact a config edit to use dx11.

Seriously that fixed the blackscreens after the maploading ever since??

I would try this then!
Unfortunately I'm back to my rural village visiting my mother and family for 2 weeks, would try it after I'm back from the holidays :blink:

#18 Alekzander Smirnoff

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 427 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 26 November 2013 - 05:17 PM

View PostBUMMBUMM, on 26 November 2013 - 02:51 PM, said:

My problem occurs before the map loading screen, when it doesn't happen, it goes to the map loading screen like normal and nothing's wrong.

On a side note, several others are having issues closer to mine and the people working on my and others' support tickets are begining to think the ISP's are doing something with gaming traffic due to the new consoles coming out. So I'm firing off a support ticket w/ them as well.

Edited by Alekzander Smirnoff, 26 November 2013 - 05:18 PM.

#19 Gruinhardt

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 4
  • Mercenary Rank 4
  • 198 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:00 AM

View PostStefan Schneider, on 26 November 2013 - 04:01 PM, said:

Seriously that fixed the blackscreens after the maploading ever since??

I would try this then!
Unfortunately I'm back to my rural village visiting my mother and family for 2 weeks, would try it after I'm back from the holidays :)

View PostAlekzander Smirnoff, on 26 November 2013 - 05:17 PM, said:

My problem occurs before the map loading screen, when it doesn't happen, it goes to the map loading screen like normal and nothing's wrong.

On a side note, several others are having issues closer to mine and the people working on my and others' support tickets are begining to think the ISP's are doing something with gaming traffic due to the new consoles coming out. So I'm firing off a support ticket w/ them as well.

I was able to play a couple matches last night. I had to temporary disable my firewall and active scan through my anti-virus software. I am running McAfee total protection software. I do not know if this is the problem, but I can play MWO with it disabled.

#20 WeskerWild

• PipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 31 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 03:35 AM

Well aleast I am not alone on this one, I get 2 or 3 matchs then its starts up!!!!

I either like others just get a black screen then kicked back to the lab or I do get into the game but instead of my average 100 ping I am 500ish ping and just unplayable.....

Such a shame as this game is awsome and has such a good player base were 90% of the players are nice and not flaming or trolling (do get the odd one). I would be happy to buy MC and help put funds into this game but not when I can only play a few games a day!

Lets hope they pay attention to so many people having this problem and do something about it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users