So What Would You Like To See In A Hunchback Hero Mech ?

48 replies to this topic

#1 Dazzer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 216 posts
  • LocationSpain next to Gibraltar

Posted 30 November 2013 - 05:15 AM

Hello,

With many people anticipating a Hunchback Hero soon I was wondering what would people like to see in that Mech ? Another Cannon variant ? A custom made new mech ?

I would Like to see a 4SP based mech but with the SRM´s replaced with 3 Laz slots per side torso. 1 Laz on each arm and 1 in the head. Thus making a 4P with no hump problems. Also while we are in fantasy land a jump jet or two ?

I know its a Clan deign but they is also the Hunchback IIC 2 x AC20 any one ?

Anyway let me know if you feel like it what you would like to see in a Hunchback Hero please.

Edited by Dazzer, 30 November 2013 - 05:16 AM.

#2 EarlGrey83

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 166 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 05:52 AM

Honestly, the Hunchback has always been a walking AC20 for me, I´d really like a +30% variant of it.

The clan variant IIC sports 2 clan Lbx10, one in each side torso. That would be a nice mech, but I´d prefer it as new standard variant when the clans arive in game.

#3 zagibu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 09:49 AM

Why would they make a hero mech that makes the 4P completely obsolete? I don't think that's a good idea. If they really replace the missiles for lasers, they either have to replace them with two slots only, or lose the head laser. That would be a fair compromise, I think.

A 4-SP that moves two arm lasers into the CT could also be nice.

#4 Salinor

• PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 11:21 AM

I'm thinking a 4-SP that switches a missle hardpoint for a ballistic hardpoint.

#5 Heavenly Angel

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 89 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 11:25 AM

How about one with 2 hunches instead of 1? That way they'd be like camels.

#6 NRP

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 30 November 2013 - 05:10 PM

I'm having a hard time imagining what kind of Hunchback hero would be compelling. I guess a JJ version would be it. The current Hunchback line covers pretty much all the weapon configurations pretty well.

#7 DodgerH2O

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 05:25 PM

As much as I enjoy JJ, the Hunchy shouldn't have them. I would say I'd want a build that could zombie better like zagibu suggested? 2 energy slots in the CT and one in the head for when the hunch gets blown off. Probably with a ballistic hunch, I'm a fan of the classic AC20. Throw in the HBK traditional arm lasers. Let's see, that'd be 5 energy, 1 ballistic, which wouldn't step on any toes as far as excessive hardpoints, but the position would allow better late-match damage output once the hunch is lost (as it inevitably will be.)

#8 Fenris Krinkovich

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • LocationWestfall, OK

Posted 30 November 2013 - 05:31 PM

My money's on a 4SP with 4xSRM4 in the torso and 4 MLAS in the arms.

View PostDodgerH2O, on 30 November 2013 - 05:25 PM, said:

As much as I enjoy JJ, the Hunchy shouldn't have them. I would say I'd want a build that could zombie better like zagibu suggested? 2 energy slots in the CT and one in the head for when the hunch gets blown off. Probably with a ballistic hunch, I'm a fan of the classic AC20. Throw in the HBK traditional arm lasers. Let's see, that'd be 5 energy, 1 ballistic, which wouldn't step on any toes as far as excessive hardpoints, but the position would allow better late-match damage output once the hunch is lost (as it inevitably will be.)

That'd be a great layout, but would pretty much obsolete the 4G and 4H. :)

#9 zagibu

• 2,253 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 05:45 PM

Not the 4G, but it would certainly make the 4H obsolete.

I agree, it's hard to find interesting HBK variants, because there is already so much variation in the chassis. Maybe a streak-friendlier 4-SP with 3 four tube missile hardpoints (one in the CT). I know, not really overwhelming...

A camel with two ballistic hunches could work. The increased reliability from spreading the firepower between the torsi might be offset with being a bigger target in general.

#10 juxstapo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,683 posts
  • Locationmy Tier is bigger than yours.

Posted 01 December 2013 - 10:10 PM

you guys aren't longtime BTech fans I take it?

#11 Diego Angelus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 471 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 10:20 PM

Its obvious we are not going to see IIC but I only want my hunch to be normal one with cool look and bonuses.

#12 Hex Pallett

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,009 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationHomeless, in the streets of Solaris 7

Posted 01 December 2013 - 10:48 PM

Whatever it's like, I hope it would be very close to one of the existing variants. Being an OCD person I keep only three variants of each chassis, and selling any one of my three beloved Hunchbacks would cause me great pain....

#13 Sable Dove

• Knight Errant
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:07 AM

Maybe make it a super-zombie. Hunchless, 1M(6) in each side torso, 2E in CT, 1E in Head. Preferably with custom shield arms that leave a lot of debris behind when destroyed. Would be similar to the 4SP, but trades articulation and two unrestricted energy hardpoints for better survivability, and better zombie functionality.

It's really hard to come up with something that's unique, while not also being either useless or overpowered.

#14 Tolkien

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:24 AM

Shrink the geometry so it's the size of a commando and call it 'odd job'.

#15 Hex Pallett

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,009 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationHomeless, in the streets of Solaris 7

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:52 PM

Still no Hunchback hero announcement...no Hunchback hero announcement... *walks back' n forth* but it's December already! *wipes sweat*

#16 Wrenchfarm

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:23 PM

I love the Hunchback, but I'm just not sure what you can do with a hero version. Adding JJs just makes it a poor man's Shadowhawk, 5 tons too light to compete. Making it a symmetrical laserboat would obsolete the 4P. Giving it a double hunch ballistic would limit it to pretty much 2xAC2, or 2XAC5 with no ammo/armour builds.

I'm betting the Hero Hunch will be next, but I have no idea what they will do with it.

#17 Nutlink

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationMountain Man!

Posted 02 December 2013 - 04:19 PM

View PostEarlGrey83, on 30 November 2013 - 05:52 AM, said:

Honestly, the Hunchback has always been a walking AC20 for me, I´d really like a +30% variant of it.

The clan variant IIC sports 2 clan Lbx10, one in each side torso. That would be a nice mech, but I´d prefer it as new standard variant when the clans arive in game.

Actually the Clan IIC holds 2 Ultra AC 20s and 2 ER Medium Lasers.

I'd love to see something like 1 ballistic in the right torso, 1 energy in each arm, and at least 1 missile (maybe 2) in the CT. AC20/2ML/SRM4? Yes. Yes I would.

#18 Chuck Jones

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 04:52 PM

What ever hunchback model they decide, it should have ECM :wub:

#19 EnigmaNL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 379 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:09 AM

View PostChuck Jones, on 02 December 2013 - 04:52 PM, said:

What ever hunchback model they decide, it should have ECM ;)

In-freaking-deed, we need more ECM 'mechs and an ECM Hunchie would be awesome.

#20 Xeno Phalcon

• Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 04 December 2013 - 06:00 AM

If the current trend of founders-era hero mechs is any indication the H-Hunchback will amble through the door with a missile hunch with a single Narc launcher inside. We can hope for something awesome like a ECM hunch or a JJ hunch (IE a direct competitor to the shadowhawk) but odds are, we will just get a lamehunch with a Quasimodo style name ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users