Clan Package Thoughts

892 replies to this topic

#1 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:30 PM

I'm happy that we finally get to see, a clan pack for the Clan Community. I have always knew this was going to happen as it should. However, as much as I loved the clans growing up, I've been thinking about buy it. But I'm I would really love to get my favorite mech the Summoner, and I might get it. Event though, the venerable Timber Wolf (Mad Cat) cost $210, the upgrades help. The best buy I would recommend, you would be Dire Wolf pack which is only $120.

UPDATE: The new "A La Carte" Clan deal allows you to purchase any clan mech for $55.

UPDATES:
New Clan injections are coming for March-June
April: Kerensky Cockpit Item injected

Clan Pack Info:
http://www.mwomercs.com/clans#page1

Anyways, what are your thoughts on the Clan Package?

Edited by Will9761, 05 April 2014 - 01:31 PM.

#2 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:34 PM

The clan mechs look awesome as expected, but once they are available for C bills, there will be no one left in the inner sphere for them to fight. The clans will take Terra in days with no loss of life except other clanners fighting each other.

#3 FireSlade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:38 PM

Unfortunately I was planning on fighting for Clan Wolf but I am not sure if I will be able to buy my favorite mech. $210 for the only mech that I really care about is too much. Thanks to some unforeseeable RL issues I have not had a job for the year and I am not sure if I can get one and that kind of money before they are released. So PGI your greed may have cost you the $80 that the Timber Wolf should have cost.

#4 BloodLegacy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 198 posts
  • LocationOregon City, OR

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:39 PM

I love the models and I want a Timberwolf SO BAD... but I'll be damned if Ill pay $210 for it.
I'm a Legendary Founder, and Overlord, but I'm done throwing good money after bad and the monetization for this game is awful.

#5 Big Playa

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1 posts
  • Locationminneapolis

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:40 PM

How are you goin to call it a dashi and not get it?...i want a 100 ton dashi?

#6 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:42 PM

Quit whining about the cost and wait for the C bill variants, UI 2.0 and CW may even be done by then.

#7 - - - - MADMAN - - - -

• Pip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 13 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:46 PM

The mechs looks great. the costs are beyond ridiculous. I'm going to log in on the 17th and destroy every clan mech i see. then ask them if it was worth a weeks salary to pay for them.
seriously though. add a package in the 30 or 60 buck range that allows you to CHOOSE one or two mechs.
i've bought ALOT of mechs for this game, and most of the heroes. I will not be paying for these. the packages are too expensive for what you get.
i'll wait for them to become available for cbills or even individual MC and such and just kill every clanner i see until then.
bad call with the costs. bad bad call.

#8 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:48 PM

View PostEd Steele, on 13 December 2013 - 05:42 PM, said:

Quit whining about the cost and wait for the C bill variants, UI 2.0 and CW may even be done by then.

Well, clans don't use money in lore, and second we don't know if IS players can use Clan mechs in CW.

Edited by Will9761, 13 December 2013 - 05:49 PM.

#9 employee24601

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 176 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:48 PM

And WTF is that Gold Mech rubbish?? Am I reading this correctly- $500 for one gold painted mech (with some exclusive extras)? Batsh1t crazy bro.

#10 HiredGun

• PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • LocationBeautiful British Columbia

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:50 PM

This package makes me a little sad and a lot pissed off. I am said, that it is so odvious that PGI is going down the toilet if they are this desperate for money that they are releasing $500.00 gold mechs. I am a lot pissed off, that they are do such a shameful money grab. First we get 4 founder mech, then 6 pheonix mechs and now 8 clan mechs. What is next, 10 redesigned unseen mechs and a $1000 gold warhammer? For shame PGI, for shame.

#11 Marmon Rzohr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 769 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in the universe, probably

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:53 PM

The designs look awesome, IMHO.

And I can't wait :)
Looks like there will be some fun things to play with come summer -_-

The prices for preorder are a bit depressing though.

#12 Amro One

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 136 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:53 PM

My Atlas is going to love stumping over these Clanners.

You also have my $240

#13 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:55 PM

View Postemployee24601, on 13 December 2013 - 05:48 PM, said:

And WTF is that Gold Mech rubbish?? Am I reading this correctly- $500 for one gold painted mech (with some exclusive extras)? Batsh1t crazy bro.

I agree that $500 for a gold skinned mech is a bit extravagant and even I in all my insanity will not buy one, but if someone has enough money to buy one, why should it bother you? A Ferrari costs allot more than a Toyota Corolla, shouldn't you be on the Ferrari forum, complaining about that?

#14 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:59 PM

View PostWill9761, on 13 December 2013 - 05:48 PM, said:

Well, clans don't use money in lore, and second we don't know if IS players can use Clan mechs in CW.

Russ already said on his Twitter account that there will be C bill variants. Also, the Prime varients have a 30% C bill bonus, so I guess clans in MWO use C bills.

#15 Sable Hawk

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 42 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

It has been said before, but bears repeating.
Too F'in Expensive.

Anyone else feeling like your wallet is being fleeced while we wait, wait, and wait some more for DX11, CW, UI 2.0. Instead of trying to sell us more stuff we won't get for 6 months (who knows if the game will still be live then??) when promised game play improvements get delayed yet again.

#16 XX Sulla XX

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,094 posts

Not sure why any one would be mad. You can choose to get any of these mechs you want without paying a penny. You will just have to wait a little longer. Or if you want to pay cash but are not sure about the game you have MONTHS to wait and see how it is going before you buy. Either way no one is forcing you into doing anything so stop crying :)

#17 Harmatia

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 434 posts
  • LocationRed Deer, AB

View PostBloodLegacy, on 13 December 2013 - 05:39 PM, said:

I love the models and I want a Timberwolf SO BAD... but I'll be damned if Ill pay $210 for it.
I'm a Legendary Founder, and Overlord, but I'm done throwing good money after bad and the monetization for this game is awful.

Yep, I'm also done with throwing money at MWO.

What really gets me, maybe even blows my mind, is the audacity of PGI to ask players to cough up more money when they haven't really delivered any of the selling features most of us bought into. There is not a shred of "Community Warfare", we haven't had a new game mode in almost a year (and the two we have are similar in too many ways), no lobbies, **** matchmaking, no weight/class limits, no decal system, no faction leveling system... the list goes on and on. But king of the hill here is UI 2.0. Apparently next month they're going to dump a buggy and poorly designed user interface on the community and expect us to beta this thing into proper standing, assuming they're even listening for feedback. Not only that, they're trying to sell me new content before I can even use all of the content I was sold in the Phoenix Project.

PGI needs better management, because as far as I'm concerned my left ball could do a better job.

#18 employee24601

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 176 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:03 PM

View PostEd Steele, on 13 December 2013 - 05:55 PM, said:

I agree that $500 for a gold skinned mech is a bit extravagant and even I in all my insanity will not buy one, but if someone has enough money to buy one, why should it bother you? A Ferrari costs allot more than a Toyota Corolla, shouldn't you be on the Ferrari forum, complaining about that?

Your analogy is off the mark. A Ferrari I'm quite sure, is somewhat better than a Corolla for the significant extra outlay. In this instance, it's most certainly not. And I'll comment on what I want thanks buddy :)

#19 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:05 PM

View PostXX Sulla XX, on 13 December 2013 - 05:59 PM, said:

Not sure why any one would be mad. You can choose to get any of these mechs you want without paying a penny. You will just have to wait a little longer. Or if you want to pay cash but are not sure about the game you have MONTHS to wait and see how it is going before you buy. Either way no one is forcing you into doing anything so stop crying :)

Like I said in the post, I'm not doing this out of spite. I really do love the Clans but, some of the mechs like the venerable Timber Wolf are too expensive. Had the T-wolf would have been $180(due to bundles) dollars, I would be fine with it. Also it's okay to talking about the concerns that you have feelings about.

Edited by Will9761, 16 December 2013 - 03:01 PM.

#20 SmithMPBT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 793 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:05 PM

Priorities, Cash Grab before UI 2.0 or CW to make the game functional. It kind of depresses me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users