93 replies to this topic

#1 Stomp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 345 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 20 December 2013 - 02:59 AM

I have looked a lot on the forums, but I didn't see a Faction paint thread for House Kurita! Woe is me to find this out, I really want to see peoples' colors! A few of you know me, I'm a member of Comstar Irregulars, but I have a soft spot when it comes to the Snakes. You guys are alright. Shahadet over at the 2nd Arkab can vouch for me, I'm almost one of the group haha. My favorite canon unit from Battletech, 1st Ghost, always had the coolest paintjobs, and I paint a lot of mechs like theirs. If you could ever get a dragonscale accent... man. I'd be drooling.

So this is the House Kurita Paint Thread! Deiron Regulars, strut your stuff! Arkab, show me what you got. Sword of Light? Represent! And merc corps too! I just wanna see what you guys are rocking on your Battlemechs!

Posted Image

My Kintaro!!! Because nothing screams DCMS than a Kurita baby. :3

Posted Image

Hail to the king baby!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 Dleroq

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 7 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg

Posted 20 December 2013 - 05:15 AM

My kintaro has an almost identical paint job. 8)

#3 Ren Kurogane

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 175 posts
  • Location10.4.2 401

Posted 20 December 2013 - 05:52 AM

As for me...

>Icy Raven
Posted Image

>Bloody Raven
Posted Image

>Cheetah Jäger?
Posted Image

#4 Stomp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 345 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 20 December 2013 - 06:54 AM

View PostDiscarius, on 20 December 2013 - 05:52 AM, said:

As for me...

>Icy Raven
Posted Image

>Bloody Raven
Posted Image

>Cheetah Jäger?
Posted Image

Dat Jager paint though!!! Do want

#5 Ren Kurogane

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 175 posts
  • Location10.4.2 401

Posted 20 December 2013 - 07:08 AM

View PostStomp, on 20 December 2013 - 06:54 AM, said:

Dat Jager paint though!!! Do want

was just curious though, didn't buy it.....yet ;) way too shiny to be a functional camouflage :ph34r:

#6 Stomp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 345 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 20 December 2013 - 07:20 AM

View PostDiscarius, on 20 December 2013 - 07:08 AM, said:

was just curious though, didn't buy it.....yet ;) way too shiny to be a functional camouflage :ph34r:

Right on haha. Are either of those Ravens painted in a House Unit style, or just your own preference?

#7 Ren Kurogane

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 175 posts
  • Location10.4.2 401

Posted 20 December 2013 - 07:30 AM

View PostStomp, on 20 December 2013 - 07:20 AM, said:

Right on haha. Are either of those Ravens painted in a House Unit style, or just your own preference?

my own preference, you see, i'm very new to BT universe.....scratch that, i'm new to every MechWarrior game. So, i'm still green about history of the great Houses, let alone their unit's colors ;)

#8 Xeno Phalcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 20 December 2013 - 07:42 AM

Try Kintaro Snowfall with White Black Yellow colors (in that order) for a very Genyosha decal style color scheme.

Posted Image

When MWO earns more of my money most of my mechs will probably be painted up like this, snowfall is a surprisingly fun camo and lets you blend colors for interesting effects.

Edited by Xeno Phalcon, 20 December 2013 - 07:45 AM.

#9 Stomp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 345 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:03 AM

View PostXeno Phalcon, on 20 December 2013 - 07:42 AM, said:

Try Kintaro Snowfall with White Black Yellow colors (in that order) for a very Genyosha decal style color scheme.

Posted Image

When MWO earns more of my money most of my mechs will probably be painted up like this, snowfall is a surprisingly fun camo and lets you blend colors for interesting effects.

That's actually really creative, I would have never thought to use the Snowfall to mimic the Black Ocean. Kudos to you sir! I wanna see your mechs like that!

#10 Stomp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 345 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:07 AM

Posted Image

Damn this paintjob is actually really sick! Genyosha kids, I have the paint scheme for YOU.

#11 Xeno Phalcon

• Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:27 AM

View PostStomp, on 20 December 2013 - 08:07 AM, said:

Posted Image

Damn this paintjob is actually really sick! Genyosha kids, I have the paint scheme for YOU.

Yeah its a sexy beast, next time yellows go on sale I'll try to pick one up and deck out my kintaro and orion with it. ;)

#12 Stomp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 345 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:30 AM

View PostXeno Phalcon, on 20 December 2013 - 08:27 AM, said:

Yeah its a sexy beast, next time yellows go on sale I'll try to pick one up and deck out my kintaro and orion with it. ;)

Most definitely. And if you're curious about more paint schemes for House Kurita, camospecs.com has almost every single example on the old Battletech TT miniatures, and if they don't they at least have a placeholder description!

Faction list of House/ House Merc units here: http://www.camospecs...ction.asp?ID=14

#13 Xeno Phalcon

• Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:00 AM

Hmmm fun stuff, too bad we don't have unit specific camos so far though Raider does a 'okay' Ghost Regiment mockup with white and greens but we could really use some fragment system for camos. (IE use Raider on the left leg, Buccaneer for the CT and snowflake elsewhere or something like that)

#14 Stomp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 345 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:03 AM

I did up a Centurion in Sword of Light glory. PC Gamer Red is truly the most perfect Red to use for their color scheme.
Posted Image

View PostXeno Phalcon, on 20 December 2013 - 09:00 AM, said:

Hmmm fun stuff, too bad we don't have unit specific camos so far though Raider does a 'okay' Ghost Regiment mockup with white and greens but we could really use some fragment system for camos. (IE use Raider on the left leg, Buccaneer for the CT and snowflake elsewhere or something like that)

Ugh I can only hope. I think they mentioned at one point that they're enclined to release alternate skin versions of mechs. I just really want a "barely salvaged" Hunchback 4G all decked out in white. I could definitely see them doing skins for House Units. They better hah!

#15 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,568 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:05 AM

Wow, I can't believe that you made a Kurita Paint Jobs thread. When I actually said I would like to see a Kurita Paint Job thread, I didn't think you'd really do it. Regardless it looks good, but you still can't beat our awesome Steiner paint jobs!

Edited by Will9761, 20 December 2013 - 12:09 PM.

#16 Stomp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 345 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:10 AM

Posted Image
And a Victor! Ugh I have way too much fun doing this.

View PostWill9761, on 20 December 2013 - 09:05 AM, said:

Wow, I can't believe that you made a Kurita Paint Jobs thread. When I actually said I would like to see a Kurita Pain Job thread, I didn't think you'd really do it. Regardless it looks good, but you still can't beat our awesome Steiner paint jobs!

Dirty lyran peasants! Bow before the might of the color red.

View PostWill9761, on 20 December 2013 - 09:05 AM, said:

Wow, I can't believe that you made a Kurita Paint Jobs thread. When I actually said I would like to see a Kurita Pain Job thread, I didn't think you'd really do it. Regardless it looks good, but you still can't beat our awesome Steiner paint jobs!

Also as an aside I was feeling a bit peeved that there was 3 pages of House Steiner paint ups and here I was green with envy. So I did something about it haha. Thanks for the push ;)

#17 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,568 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:12 AM

This is what I said, and I quote:

View PostWill9761, on 19 December 2013 - 04:21 PM, said:

You think you can keep up with our Steiner paint jobs? I would like to see you snakes make a "Kurita Paintjobs" thread just to rival us. You can never match our awesome paint jobs Drac!

But let's see how far this thread can grow, snake!

Edited by Will9761, 20 December 2013 - 09:13 AM.

#18 Stomp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 345 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:14 AM

Oh well now you've done it.

The Arm of the Dragon is long, and its reach even farther...

EDIT: But first, I must sleep. I have been awake all night playing video games. Curse my frail body!

Edited by Stomp, 20 December 2013 - 09:15 AM.

#19 Kyone Akashi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,656 posts
  • LocationAlshain Military District

Posted 20 December 2013 - 02:01 PM

I've recently collected a series of screenshots to showcase my favorite 'Mechs - those that I pilot in a regular fashion - and fortunately this allows me to display their current paintjobs as well. I think that the relatively new "Raider" camo is a very nice option for the more traditional-minded DCMS regiments that eschew proper camoflage in favor of proudly displaying their unit colors and making an effort of being seen by their enemies, rather than avoiding it. We really need more striped paintjobs like this! ;)
(note: the Battlemaster still has only its standard paintjob available)

Posted Image

As you can see, here I have combined the basic battlefield olive with white and red. In a way, I could imagine this to be a regiment's field colors, compared to even more flashy parade colors:

Posted Image

In the past, I have also experimented by changing the red for violet, or mixing these two colors. As you can see on this older screenshot, white and violet also make for a rather beautiful, if somewhat attention-seeking color pattern. An enemy pilot once described it as "pale Jenner" - not quite what I was aiming at, but it works well enough.

Posted Image

In the future I will probably adopt a more canonical color scheme, but I will likely made this dependent on which regiment I will end up representing once Community Warfare goes live and we have the option of joining various DCMS units. :P

Edited by Kyone Akashi, 20 December 2013 - 02:05 PM.

#20 Stomp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 345 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 20 December 2013 - 06:23 PM

View PostKyone Akashi, on 20 December 2013 - 02:01 PM, said:

I've recently collected a series of screenshots to showcase my favorite 'Mechs - those that I pilot in a regular fashion - and fortunately this allows me to display their current paintjobs as well. I think that the relatively new "Raider" camo is a very nice option for the more traditional-minded DCMS regiments that eschew proper camoflage in favor of proudly displaying their unit colors and making an effort of being seen by their enemies, rather than avoiding it. We really need more striped paintjobs like this! ^_^
(note: the Battlemaster still has only its standard paintjob available)

Posted Image

As you can see, here I have combined the basic battlefield olive with white and red. In a way, I could imagine this to be a regiment's field colors, compared to even more flashy parade colors:

Posted Image

In the past, I have also experimented by changing the red for violet, or mixing these two colors. As you can see on this older screenshot, white and violet also make for a rather beautiful, if somewhat attention-seeking color pattern. An enemy pilot once described it as "pale Jenner" - not quite what I was aiming at, but it works well enough.

Posted Image

In the future I will probably adopt a more canonical color scheme, but I will likely made this dependent on which regiment I will end up representing once Community Warfare goes live and we have the option of joining various DCMS units. :)

Amazing paint ups! 11th Alshain Regulars! I had to look them up, I myself don't know most of them off the top of my head haha. Looks awesome! It will be cool to allow us decals to splash on our mechs, even if it is just for real money. I'd pay to have the Dragon on my mechs. :lol:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users