#21 mack sabbath

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 December 2013 - 09:34 PM

This Griffon doth speak to me....my Unit founder said his atrocious SRM hit reg issues have vanished in numerous matches everytime today.

They said the torso twist surpasses the Hunchback by 10 degrees and it's fluid:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...1996098230b8418

Thoughts?

#22 Johnny Reb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,945 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio. However, I hate the Suckeyes!

Posted 21 December 2013 - 09:43 PM

View PostAmsro, on 21 December 2013 - 10:20 AM, said:

4 LL for the win. Not the best Saber mech by far, but VERY fun with this setup.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...fbf21d304cf0df5

Heh, talk about take out the arm!

#23 mack sabbath

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 December 2013 - 09:45 PM

View PostJohnny Reb, on 21 December 2013 - 09:43 PM, said:

Heh, talk about take out the arm!

Makes my Yen Lo toss laughing in his crypt!

#24 AnotherOne

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 24 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 December 2013 - 12:29 AM

Actually, I'm quite satisfied with this build

And still has room for improvement by using endosteel and adding some ammo or something

#25 RavensScar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 219 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 22 December 2013 - 04:16 AM

I didn't buy Sabre, but I am planning on trying the Wolverine when it's released for CB. The 6K variant does worry me a little. It looks like a poor equivalent to the Hunchie 4SP - one fewer missile HP, and more clustered weapons. Does the extra speed make up for the lack of - well - everything else?

#26 Smitti

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 475 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFrog-blasting between BioVent Core #88A and #88B

Posted 22 December 2013 - 10:44 PM

I run a 2 LL, 3 ML, SRM6, XL300 build and have had some good continuity with it. Hang back and skirmish with the 2 LL at near-max range at the start, then once the brawl is in full swing, close in and 'spanish inquisition' it as much as you can. Up close the 2 mediums/2 large in the arm are like a giant plasma cutter, great for dissecting limbs, and the SRM6 provides some added splatface. Maps with streets and buildings (River city and frozen city especially) allow you to plenty of drive-by alpha-in-the-back opportunities against more cumbersome foes.

#27 80sGlamRockSensation David Bowie

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,994 posts
  • LocationThe Island

Posted 22 December 2013 - 10:47 PM

This is the only thing I can think of...

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...7a941ece7234451

4xLL, 17 DHS, XL295

#28 Grifthin

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 98 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 11:58 PM

Play it like a Yen Lo Wang - 4x MPL in 1 arm for a 24 point alpha. Std 275 engine. Max armor. 19 DHS. 1 Med laser in head for zombie. Run around punch things with your laser fist. Use Shield arm like centurion. Protect arm like wang. Profit.

#29 JediMechwarrior

• PipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 34 posts
  • LocationMallory's World, Draconis March, Federated Suns

Posted 23 December 2013 - 12:25 AM

Hey five. The loadout I used on river city with you works well. XL 350 5 meds 1 srm 6 arti 1 ton of ammo ams 1ton 17 doubles. I use it as a striker. Good heat efficiency and speed allow for hit and run to be viable. Hope for minimal lights, they can hunt well. If they take the right arm you still have the srm/medlas combo that still punches. Rely on your team for support, being careful not to stray too far and coordinate fire. That's about the best possible advice I can give. GL & MTFBWY

#30 Tremendous Upside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 738 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 08:54 AM

I stole UBC's build with a couple of tweaks - it's money. Even without speed tweak or doubled basics, it's been a solid performer.

#31 NRP

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 December 2013 - 09:20 AM

If you use SRMs, it seems like these Saber mechs need Artemis. Otherwise, the missile trajectories are all over the place.

#32 T0rmented

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 317 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 24 December 2013 - 07:47 AM

View PostUBCslayer, on 21 December 2013 - 11:58 AM, said:

Sure, the hardpoints aren't great and the lack of JJ's hurts as well, but people seem to forget about the real benefit of this mech: the larger max engine size. Throw in a massive XL and this thing is an overweight Jenner with better heat efficiency. Here is my build:

XL 375 (121.4 KPH)
5 ML
SRM 6
17 DHS
Endo plus Ferro.
Max armour.

Remember the Cent 9D? This mech plays very similar... 37 Alpha to the back of an assault mech, turn to the right to absorb damage off your shield arm, run round his flank again and finish him off.

This build is not actually possible (no slot for even a ton of ammo), this drops the srm6 to a srm4 and makes the build viable
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...8e693e5f15900e8

#33 NuclearPanda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 24 December 2013 - 08:07 AM

Honestly I run this thing only as a hit and run mech, and with extremely great success. It's all about torso twisting though considering the lack of jump jets

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...aa477b24aec09fd

It only runs with 5 Medium Lasers, but I constantly just alpha strike the damn thing to heck and back without ever overheating. If you're a good aim you can just tear things apart with it.

I frequently get 600+ damage games, tons of kills, and in my stable of almost 40 mechs it seriously has the highest KDR right now of anything else I own and I've ran close around 40 matches in it so far.

#34 NRP

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 December 2013 - 09:10 AM

It's looking like my Saber mechs are going to end up like my Phoenix mechs - sell off the ones I can (I wish we could sell the Prime variants too). My Wolfie 7K got the axe last night after a string of 12 consecutive losses, which is a new personal record.

I really hate medium mechs. It's no wonder why people don't play these walking coffins. In my experience, they are practically useless in solo PUGs. Too slow, too big, and not enough firepower and heat capacity to 1v1 anything other than another similarly sized medium.

#35 Kenyon Burguess

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,619 posts
  • LocationNE PA USA

Posted 24 December 2013 - 09:15 AM

weird, I do great in pugs with them. just left a match where I killed 4 mechs with a 6k

#36 Elyam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 538 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 24 December 2013 - 11:46 AM

Been training it without spending on Endo and DHS and having great success with just 5 MLAS, SRM-6, 24 HS and 275XL. So much so that I may keep it and do the upgrades.

#37 Father Tork

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 155 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 01:33 PM

i've managed with 4LL 1ML, it's rough, and you really have to play patiently, sticking to bigger targets whenever possible.

#38 UBCslayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 233 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 26 December 2013 - 08:56 AM

Yeah, like Panda I`ve taken out the missiles entirely and just go with 5 ML. The results speak for themselves... I`m consistently doing over 1K damage and 5 kills per game in PUG matches with this little beast.

#39 Horus XIII

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 09:57 AM

View PostAnotherOne, on 22 December 2013 - 12:29 AM, said:

Actually, I'm quite satisfied with this build

And still has room for improvement by using endosteel and adding some ammo or something

Like this? (Sorry, always wanted a Mech that breathes fire without suffering in firepower for it!)

Bigger motor too! :rolleyes:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...04a7aa71120f453

*** Any word yet on when these will be available for Cbills?

Edited by Old Witch of Khador, 26 December 2013 - 09:59 AM.

#40 Buckminster

• Elite Founder
  • 1,577 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 26 December 2013 - 10:21 AM

My biggest gripe is that I don't want to dump the money on DHS just to Basic a mech that I'll probably never use afterwards. Yet with what is basically an all-energy build, it seems to be impossible to avoid.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users