77 replies to this topic

#1 Hexenhammer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,729 posts
  • LocationKAETETôã

Posted 21 December 2013 - 10:38 PM

Do you have an in game nemesis? Someone that has sworn to kill you when ever they see you?

Well tonight I got one and I'm so happy!

Posted Image

#2 Tyrnea Smurf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 258 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:33 PM

View PostHexenhammer, on 21 December 2013 - 10:38 PM, said:

Do you have an in game nemesis? Someone that has sworn to kill you when ever they see you?

Yes I have one. It's an organization I've dubbed "The Red Team".

Every time I run across those guys they tend to shoot first and ask questions later.

Although I've not been able to completely figure out their organizational structure.

Some times they are really uncoordinated, can't shoot worth a darn and I get the upper hand rather quickly.

Other times they are highly focused killing machines that systematically destroy the company I'm in (who I've dubbed "The Blue Team" - or "Team Blue it" as it were...)

Although rarely every now and then we match up really well, and then its a quite exciting to see whose left standing.

But those red team guys and gals are my continued bane...

Edited by Tyrnea Smurf, 21 December 2013 - 11:34 PM.

#3 Blackfire1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,462 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 22 December 2013 - 01:12 AM

Paul.... Still sore for the team kill back in closed I assume.

#4 Evil Ed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 527 posts
  • LocationStavanger, Norway

Posted 22 December 2013 - 01:57 AM

Me and EvilEd always goes 1v1 when we face each other. I'm also looking for EDLOVER, but he always ends up on my team...
But it's just for fun - have both of them on my friendslist.

#5 JigglyMoobs

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 03:03 PM

Yes, Mech the Dane seems to always be on the hunt for some Jiggly Moobs. :blink:

Unfortunately I've yet to kill him in game. ;) This will change. -_- :P

#6 Unnatural Growth

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 03:46 PM

Yeah, it's those red guys...

Man they really get on my nerves.

#7 Peter2k

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,032 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 December 2013 - 03:57 PM

View PostJigglyMoobs, on 22 December 2013 - 03:03 PM, said:

Yes, Mech the Dane seems to always be on the hunt for some Jiggly Moobs. :blink:

Unfortunately I've yet to kill him in game. ;) This will change. -_- :P

Well he kinda has some good backup normally

Any particular reason? :-)

#8 Mr D One

• Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 1,266 posts
  • LocationMmmmmm yes

Posted 22 December 2013 - 04:37 PM

Mycrus...

My nemesis...

#9 JigglyMoobs

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 09:18 PM

View PostPeter2k, on 22 December 2013 - 03:57 PM, said:

Well he kinda has some good backup normally

Any particular reason? :-)

Some guys see "JigglyMoobs" flash across their screen and they just can't help themselves. Really it's like a beagle seeing a squirrel. :D

Edited by JigglyMoobs, 22 December 2013 - 09:24 PM.

#10 sneeking

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,586 posts
  • Locationwest OZ

Posted 23 December 2013 - 03:46 AM

yes but im prohibited to talk about him, on a lighter note you wouldn't belive what a name like sneeking can do for you in a video game :D

been using it for years and its a magnet to some people !

#11 LordJops

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 29 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 03:51 AM

No one by name, really. Usually Orion mechs are my nemesis. There is just something so foreboding about them. An Atlas or Battlemaster is nowhere near as scary for some reason (probably because they are easier to evade). Whenever I see an Orion, I make a point to do some damage or die in pants filled with ****.

#12 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 23 December 2013 - 08:05 AM

"We have met the enemy and they are us."

THE most fun is when a synch drop fails (as it does way more often than it succeeds) and we end up with a lance of Corsairs on each side and our lances meet.

But my in-game nemesis is my heavy trigger finger. If I could control that...

EDIT: I do keep a mental list of notable players/forumites who've killed me in hopes of getting them back. Hexenhammer, in a BoomJager on Caustic Valley when I carelessly came over a hill in a locust might be on that list... :D

Edited by Terciel1976, 23 December 2013 - 08:19 AM.

#13 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 23 December 2013 - 09:22 AM

I have never managed to get a successful duel with Lefty Lucy yet. Every time we drop in a match we're either on the same team, or our duel gets interrupted by the match ending or something like that. The closest we had to a good duel was when he dropped in a Jenner, and I had a slow Catapult C4 with nothing but LRMs, TAG, and a single Small Laser. He didn't even have the time to kill me before someone won the match by capping...

I'll get you one day, Lefty.

#14 Maerawn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 114 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 23 December 2013 - 09:35 AM

There is a Marik Pilot by the name of xXBLACKTHUNDERXx, that i pretty sure has a bounty on my head... he made some snide remarks about steiners in a drop one day and we got to trash talking... he was with a lance of buddies and i was alone at the time... he died, i laughed it was awesome... we ended up dropping against each other again the next match and he DC's i can only assume out of cowardice ;-)... then to put some icing on the cake we dropped together later that night and i was in a LOL LRM locust... i told him i would help him lose since he cant ever win, but the nice guy i am i helped him win one, and out damaged him 279 to 221, in a locust compared to his shadowhawk... i only ever see him when he is with buddies and now they all seem to forget the rest of my team and make a b-line to kill me... its kinda funny actually, especially when i take one or two of his buddies with me lol

Edited by Maerawn, 23 December 2013 - 09:37 AM.

#15 LordJops

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 29 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 11:02 AM

Actually, I had this crazy game on Frozen City not too long ago that turned into a duel. I was in a Catapult, I don't remember the variant name but it was the one with 6x Missile hardpoints. Well, I decided that I was tired of actually trying in a fight and that I would give LRM boating a go, like a coward yes, but what the hell it was an experience.

Anyway, it was down to me and another teammate with only one enemy left, an ECM spider. I was base capping with my teammate when we picked up the spider on radar. I said something like, "I will draw his fire" because I only had LRMs.

This little spider had an ER PPC and just, flat out dropped my teammate. However, my teammate managed to blow out his leg before dying.

So I had the advantage in that I wasn't mortally crippled, however I couldn't deal damage to an ECM unless I was atleast 180m away from him. So I make a break for it, this little spider following me and blasting PPC the whole time. In all honesty it was scary as hell. Imagine a slow little spider, out in the open, and you are completely helpless to do him any damage. He just keeps coming and coming and coming like the terminator. It was ridiculous. I got a few shots in by blind firing alone, the chat comm was going CRAZY, especially with the phrase "LRM tard" or "WIN AND YOU WILL BE MY HERO"

I ended up diving into that canyon in an attempt to run around and flank him when the clock ran out. We both lived, our duel unresolved.

I wish I knew what his name was...

#16 Smitti

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 475 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFrog-blasting between BioVent Core #88A and #88B

Posted 23 December 2013 - 01:57 PM

My usual squaddies. Great guys and awesome wingmen, but if we are on opposing teams it's on for young and old, with plenty of trash talk over ventrilo while it happens:)

Edited by Smittiferous, 23 December 2013 - 02:00 PM.

#17 HimseIf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Visekorporal
  • 270 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 24 December 2013 - 08:34 PM

Everyone on the red team likes to shoot at me. i think they love the message on the screen when i am defeated.

#18 Mcchuggernaut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 838 posts
  • LocationYour core

Posted 26 December 2013 - 10:26 PM

No nemesis, precisely...but I have a running hatred of AC40 Jagermechs. I pilot a D-DC with two PPCs, an AC20, and two SRM6. I can do the same 40 damage pinpoint strike that they can with that setup, and still have my missiles without having to run a ridiculous troll build that always has some major drawback no matter how you build it because of weight problems. Something just annoys me about them. Part of it I think is the fact that it is a huge meta build and everyone and their grandmother's dog is doing it, and part of it is probably the sneaky play style they always use since they are so afraid of getting hit themselves. The worst part of it all though is the fact that I can easily beat one in my mech with my setup because I have TONS of armor compared to them and much better range while doing the same or more damage, but if they hit me once or twice while I'm killing them they can still strip most of my armor or maim me, making the rest of the game a huge pain in the *** since I then have to play the time left with a low-armor or maimed mech.

So yeah, I literally go out of my way to kill anyone using this build. I try my hardest to ruin their game any way I can. I do my absolute best to hunt them down, and will shoot at them every time, even given better targets just because I know if I don't they might chew up my team or I will have to deal with them later when I am too wounded to finish them. I call out to my whole team that there is an AC40 jager, where he is, and how damaged he is whenever I see one. So yeah, I would call that a nemesis, and I have literally thousands of them, because that seems to be how many people are using AC40 Jagers. :P

Edited by Mcchuggernaut, 26 December 2013 - 11:08 PM.

#19 psychophat

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 10:35 AM

He's name is PING, . . . hate him so much and all his minions.

#20 Nathan Foxbane

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,984 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 12:30 PM

Posted Image

Been dying for a chance to use that one.
Not had a nemesis as of yet, but I can hope right?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users